Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by annie_mg View Post
    Poor her..aren t skaters supposed to know how to fall so they wont hurt themselves? Im not a skater but its not often you see a skater fall hard and go into the splits.
    They are but accidents happen.

I am betting on FFSG making a test skate between Meite and Silete for the Worlds spot (unless Silete's score at JW is much much lower than Meite's at Euros).

IMO, they should do a test skate between the three girls but I don't think Didier is on FFSG's good books.

And of course, it's very possibly that she's injured again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    They are but accidents happen.

I am betting on FFSG making a test skate between Meite and Silete for the Worlds spot (unless Silete's score at JW is much much lower than Meite's at Euros).

IMO, they should do a test skate between the three girls but I don't think Didier is on FFSG's good books.

And of course, it's very possibly that she's injured again.
    They seem to be politikkin´very hard for Meite. I thinks she was hugely overmarked in the Europeans. Or maybe I am blind to her skating qualities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    They seem to be politikkin´very hard for Meite. I thinks she was hugely overmarked in the Europeans. Or maybe I am blind to her skating qualities.
    Meite had big jumps, a couple of absolutely gorgeous spins (gorgeous layback to Bielmann), her arm movements are graceful and delicate, and I find her basics tremendously improved. Her SP was wonderfully fluid IMO. And to please the anti two-foot skating brigade, she even has her circular SQ on one foot.
    What's not to like? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpc2jxrlpZc

I was not there live, but I'm just not getting the criticism to her basics... from the tv, her ice coverage seemed absolutely fine in comparison with the skaters who were placed around her.

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millyskate View Post
    Meite had big jumps, a couple of absolutely gorgeous spins (gorgeous layback to Bielmann), her arm movements are graceful and delicate, and I find her basics tremendously improved. Her SP was wonderfully fluid IMO. And to please the anti two-foot skating brigade, she even has her circular SQ on one foot.

I was not there live, but I'm just not getting the criticism to her basics... from the tv, her ice coverage seemed absolutely fine in comparison with the skaters who were placed around her.
    Agreed re: her short programme. I had never seen her skate at all and was surprised by how light and airy she seemed in the SP. I thought she had pretty nice basics (although not spectacular). The LP was much less fluid and a bit stilted in my opionion, but of course there were mistakes which always make a programme seem less smooth. Overall the LP wasn't as good a programme imo regardless of the quality of the skate. I didn't feel like she was particularly overmarked at the time. She seemed to get penalised for the mistakes but I don't really remember the detail.

Of course though the FFSG will find the route that offers the most for making their selection

vCash

She's scratches like a herpes a victim, but I see loads of great qualities to her skating.

Milly has outlined all of the things I like, mainly the one foot ss and height AND width on jumps but also her calmness and eye contact. She is so relaxed on the ice and almost self assured. It's rare for an OES.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    She is so relaxed on the ice and almost self assured. It's rare for an OES.
    It is especially rare for a French skater (except for men's singles.) Sometimes French leadies look so miserable that one wonders why they want to compete in the first place. So it's good to see a skater who looks happy to be there!

vCash
    Then I am blind. But of course happy, if Maite enjoys being on the ice.

vCash

Jumps - yes

Spins - yes

Skating Skills - Her SS being on one foot was to meet the level requirement. It's not like there was loads of mastery of the blade shown elsewhere. Her edges are still shallow and scratchy.

Arms - Even if her arm movements weren't bad, the fact that they were completely detached from the rest of her body just accentuated the fact that she moves like a brick even more. Her back is stiff, her movements are heavy and there is no fluidity to them. And there is pretty much no connection with the music whatsoever.

Her posture has improved but is still awful and possibly the worst out of all Euro ladies. Stiff, hunched with visibly rounded shoulders.

She was way overmarked IMO.

Silete is a stronger skater on the PCS front. I hope she lands her jumps at Junior Worlds and gets a much higher overall score.

vCash
    I agree that Silete is probably a better overall package at this point, and hope she does make top 10 at Junior Worlds.

But I would say that Miete has actually improved over the course from Trophee Eric Bompard through to Europeans.... she'll have to continue improving or else she'll be left behind by Gilleron-Gorry and Miete (perhaps Marrocco too)

vCash
    Any news from James/Cipres? You would think that they would enter a competition at this point.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Any news from James/Cipres? You would think that they would enter a competition at this point.
    Can he lift her now ?
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

Banned Member
    vCash

Banned Member
    vCash
    Very sweet .... I believe.... (Amodio's pics and interview)
    http://community.livejournal.com/ont...g/1011566.html

vCash
    Nice interview to Joubert (in russian)

http://sportisloveru.wordpress.com/2...D%D0%B5%D0%BC/

vCash
    Florent will be a guest on On n'est pas couché tonight at 22.30 on France 2. Any chance anyone could record and upload his part? I'm out of the country and will be for a while so I can't catch up on the France 2 website, but I'd love to see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    Has the FFSG named its team for Worlds yet?

Candice Didier just won the Ladies' competition at the Winter Universiade with a Total Score of 144.08. (Her ISU Total Personal Best Score is 135.25.) That's significantly higher than the best scores Silete and Méité have earned.
    Not to be outdone, Léna Marrocco just won the Ladies' competition at the Mont Blanc Trophy with a score of 144.47. Also, Lénaelle Gilleron-Gorry finished fourth at the European Youth Olympic Winter Festival with a score of 136.27.

There seems to be very little to separate these skaters. The FFSG is going to have a hard choice as to whom to send to Worlds.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    There seems to be very little to separate these skaters. The FFSG is going to have a hard choice as to whom to send to Worlds.
    They'll probably arrange some test...
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Maria Murkhotova and Jerome Blanchard are listed among french high level competitors in the governmental list. Does anyone have more information about that ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
    Maria Murkhotova and Jerome Blanchard are listed among french high level competitors in the governmental list. Does anyone have more information about that ?
    Do you mean the French Ministerial Liste des sportifs de haut niveau??
    If so, they are not on this list.
    http://www.sports.gouv.fr/francais/s...de-haut-niveau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    They'll probably arrange some test...
    I think they should resurrect the TOP JUMP format for the occasion

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast