Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Pechalat/Bourzat's FD is fabulous, though!

vCash
    Is it?
    I was bored in Oberstdorf watching it...

But maybe it got better now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Is it?
    I was bored in Oberstdorf watching it...

But maybe it got better now.
    It needs more mileage and polishing but I think the concept is great and it's got a lot of potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It needs more mileage and polishing but I think the concept is great and it's got a lot of potential.
    I agree with Ziggy. I liked Pechalat/Bourzat's dance at lot. I don't think it was boring.

vCash
    Pechalat/Bourzat's FD is fabulous, though!
    This FD is really different for them .I think it has an old fashioned feel to it .It reminded me a lot of Mack/Mabel and there seemed to be a couple of moves similar in it .I don't know if this style is as good for them as they were very innovative and voidy before under Zazoui .It is very dancey and that seems to be what the judges want this season so I hope they improve it and maybe win Euros .

vCash
    Why is Amodio dressed like a truckstop hooker for his SP?

Is that how he pays Morozov for training?

Dull program, looks like Morozov already sucked all the life out of him.

Joubert's SP on the other hand looks very impressive. Quite detailed choreography from Najarro, very "manly" and suits Joubert really well.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 10-04-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Joubert's SP on the other hand looks very impressive. Quite detailed choreography from Najarro, very "manly" and suits Joubert really well.
    Oh, thanks for the remainder!
    I'll watch it again to have some more laughs

"And now I'm the Karate-kid!"
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    Oh, thanks for the remainder!
    I'll watch it again to have some more laughs

"And now I'm the Karate-kid!"
    Hahahaha. That's exactly that.

vCash
    I've never really liked any Chaplin program I've seen, so maybe I'm biased. But regardless, I just don't think the actual choreography for P&B's FD is that great, and I really don't like the way the last 40-60 seconds is constructed.

I've watched B&B a few more times... I still hate it.

vCash
    I'm not impressed at all by Joubert's programs, both SP and LP. It's not a problem of choreography or music since I find them very good actually. Both choreographies are good, well adapted to Joubert's personality, the musics are great, so I actually believe that these programs are great choices for him.
    The problem is how he skates the choreographies. He respects the music, he is on the bits, it's fine from this point of view. But he is so stiff, his upper body doesn't express anything. From this point of view I tend to think that the choreographies emphasizes this weakness he has always had : lack of dancing qualities. Now he tries moves, respects the music, but inside he is flat. And that alone destroys the entire program. One can skate the best choreography to the best music, if one doesn't feel anything from inside, or remains as stiff as wood, it doesn't give anything.

And this caracteristic is even more visible that Amodio and Preaubert are actually much more expressive than Joubert.

Indeed I really liked Preaubert programs. This year he looks better, he shows more control of his upper body. It's not perfect because he tends to lack of carriage, but it's much better. The moves are more precise and thanks to his natural musicality the music is very well interpreted.

Amodio's SP is very good IMO. I don't really see a weakness in it. However in the LP I'm upset by the posing and most of all I don't get the interpretation of Michael Jackson's songs. It's too hysteric, there is a lack of precision in the moves that annoys me, especially considering that Amodio has dancing qualities. To me the Jackson part looks more like a bad caricature.
    He does posing and choreography then stop and do moves totally unrelated to the music to go for jumps. This is not what I would call a good choreography.
    Besides, I'm not a fan of Morozov style, though it can be good for some skaters, but more than it should it doesn't look that good. It's too hysteric, too dramatic, too many moves, for me. It worked well on Yagudin and a few other skaters but overall I don't think it does any justice for most of the skaters.

The choreographies I appreciate the most are those of Alban Preaubert. And it's a big suprise considering how I didn't like his previous programs.

vCash
    any news on Vanessa James ?

vCash
    For Preaubert, I have very mixed feelings. At 25, he is finally taking ballet classes seriously (and cutting/brushing his hair). His posture and his edges have improved after working with ice-dance coaches. Doing funny routines could only take him so far and could only somewhat hide his weaknesses.
    Now, let's get serious. If you are going to pick a classical piece and bring balletic moves, you are going to be compared with skaters with 20 years of ballet background who have relentlessly practiced thoses arm and leg movements. He is doing the moves but the quality is very poor. That work should have been done 10 years ago.

It feels like Preaubert and Joubert are finally adressing obvious weaknesses, but you can't see the enjoyment in doing so. The contrast with Amdio is huge this year. Morozov gave him crapy choreographies but at least he is having a blast skating to music he enjoys.

vCash
    Interesting thing that Tony Wheeler pointed about about Joubert's flying upright (LOL) in the SP.

He lands in the intermediate position. Which I guess means that the difficult landing position feature shouldn't count because intermediate is not a valid position.

But should the spin count at all in that case? (Given he moves to an upright position eventually)

P.S. ISU please ban flying upright spins in the SP asap.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
    thanks to his natural musicality the music is very well interpreted.
    I wish Preaubert could bottle up some of that and give it to Joubert.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    It feels like Preaubert and Joubert are finally adressing obvious weaknesses, but you can't see the enjoyment in doing so. The contrast with Amdio is huge this year. Morozov gave him crapy choreographies but at least he is having a blast skating to music he enjoys.
    You cannot have them enjoy something they're forced to do. They're basically trying to change their styles, which surely isn't easy. Perhaps they have to get used to the innovations first and the enjoyment will come later. I really do hope that once Joubert feels the programs, he'll be able to show more of his inside.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    P/B's facebook page says they have a new SD?
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    A lot of people found that the transition between the waltz and the Tango was pretty odd. I am wondering if they got something brand new or if they just changed the Tango part. I loved her dress with ties..I hope they don't change it...

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Delshoes will be skating in Elvis' show in Canada. Just thought I'd share that here otherwise most people will probably miss it. Here's the link to my post in the Elvis thread, which gives more info
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...51&postcount=6

vCash
    Now Fabian and Nathalie say: "It's a gift for the fans : 1 season, 2 short dances !!! "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    Now Fabian and Nathalie say: "It's a gift for the fans : 1 season, 2 short dances !!! "
    so, what's the other SD music?

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast