Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,008 of 1008
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    P/B was better off with previous coach, IMO. The program is subpar and like exhibition program, very messy. I prefer W/P's FD, if I have to choose between these two Kylova/Camerlengo's teams. It's going to be interesting to see how his teams do at GP.
    I agree that they were better under Zhulin - their twizzles have gotten worse since leaving him as well.
    But he wasn't allowed by the Russian federation to coach them anymore.

vCash
    well, all I can say is this week end their twizzles appeared textbook to me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatak View Post
    well, all I can say is this week end their twizzles appeared textbook to me...
    They weren't completely in unison from the video that I saw of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I agree about the new FD being disappointing; I expected better when they announced it. There doesn't seem to be any artistic concept here (very unlike them), more like you said - two good-looking people skating to the Rolling Stones.
    Did you really expect a 'Rolling Stones' medley program to have some deep idea and/or storyline? I didn't. It's not like there is no any meaning in their songs, but a medley - that's another thing. But it's quite obvious that this is simply Pechalat/Bourzat's tribute to the 'Rolling Stones' - they are celebrating their 50th "birthday" this year, after all .

As for me, I too was a bit disappointed after the first watch. You know - expectations too high (like almost always), and the end part really was quite messy (although I don't think it's the fault of choreo, rather that the execution was not so good). But then I watched again, and now I like it - yes, there could be more choreo, but what there is is just fine, and I think when it's more polished they will really sell it. One thing - they could have chosen a more energetic and "oomph!" song for the end part, so that it would build more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Did you really expect a 'Rolling Stones' medley program to have some deep idea and/or storyline? I didn't. It's not like there is no any meaning in their songs, but a medley - that's another thing. But it's quite obvious that this is simply Pechalat/Bourzat's tribute to the 'Rolling Stones' - they are celebrating their 50th "birthday" this year, after all .
    I wasn't expecting something super-voidy, but I did hope for better than what they presented. I'll allow that the early season sloppiness was not helpful.

I think it's time for a new French thread, but I'm no good with clever titles - so I'll leave it to someone else

vCash
    I have watched the program again and again…
    Technically, they have so much to offer, the step sequences are very well put and presented, the lifts and twizzles are brand new and refreshing, that can get the levels up…
    The TES can go as high as it has ever been…
    The chemistry is not quite there yet, but they believe in that program and they will make it work…
    Some of the parts and pictures that I saw from the SD are beautiful….
    So hopefully, they will have an amazing season, they deserve it…

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's the new thread to use for French skating news (this is over 1000 posts): News and updates à la Française
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    deleted

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051