Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

vCash
    With the rink in Poitiers soon to shut down, it now looks like Brian Joubert is going to be training in/near Paris this season (source). I'm not sure who his coach(es?) will be.

vCash
    The two rinks are Bercy ( Katia Krier-Beyer) and Champigny ( Annick Dumont). INSEP is the champion factory in France and he will have accesss to all the high tech equipment and support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    The two rinks are Bercy ( Katia Krier-Beyer) and Champigny ( Annick Dumont). INSEP is the champion factory in France and he will have accesss to all the high tech equipment and support.
    Annick Dumont

vCash
    What about Veronique? Did they split again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    What about Veronique? Did they split again?
    Joubert had to move elsewhere because of the rink closing; it'll be a year before the new one is ready. But Guyon has a family, she can't relocate as easily. IIRC she will be coaching at a rink closer to Poitiers (Chatellerault, maybe?), but I'm not sure Joubert would have had enough ice time there. Knowing how much he likes living in Poitiers, I'm sure he tried to find a way to manage it - but there was talk of him commuting between three different rinks, which would have been a complete hassle. He'll definitely be better off being based at INSEP.

Also, while Katia Krier-Beyer and Annick Dumont ate the coaches at the rinks where he'll be training, I'm not sure either will be his primary coach.

vCash
    Thanks for explaining, Zemgirl. I knew about the rink problem but didn't know that it cost Brian coaching situation

I hope he finds "the" coach for him soon. Because, even the latest season, Veronique didn't seem to do quite good for him for I think his decision to continue 'till Sochi was purely based on the motivation and amazing support the crowd in Nice gave him.

vCash
    The French Fed made coaches like Depouilly or Simond move to Poitiers in the past. We see skaters move to coaching centers all the time. With Joubert, it was the opposite. Logistically speaking, it would actually be easier to ask a coach to come to Paris. I also think that Dumont is clueless and Joubert knows it, but he'd rather stay with her than train overseas!
    Guyon can't move to Paris...how about mommy dearest?

vCash
    Guyon can't move to Paris...how about mommy dearest?
    Someone has to stay and take care of the pets

The more recent update is that he probably will work with Katia Krier-Beyer and Annick Dumont, while the collaboration with Guyon is more of a question mark.

In other French news, P/B have switched clubs to Français Volants.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Update article on Yrétha Silété and her knee injury -- she "broke one of her crossed ligaments, injured a lateral one and damaged one of her menisci": http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    (09/17/2012) - It has been just five weeks since two-time French champion Yrétha Silété was severely injured during a practice session. Though she is now ready to leave her rehabilitation center in the Alps, she does not plan to be back on the ice before January at best.
    "After one month," [coach Claude] Péri said, "Yrétha's lateral ligament is already sound again, and her crossed ligament has been replaced. She was taken care of by a very good team, who specializes in winter sports.

"She has remained in Hauteville, in the Alps, for her rehabilitation. They know how to help her keep her muscles active, so she does not lose too much. Also, she is not alone there. There is also a young skiing champion.

"Injuries are unfortunately a part of a champion's life," she added.

"I have two rehab sessions every day," Silété said. "In between, I can study for my Baccalauréat next June. Also, when the weather is nice I can go out."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-17-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/V...E-VIE-DE-BRIAN

Latest update on Brian's training situation:
    - The French Fed made him move to Paris 1 month earlier than expected, since the training conditions at the Poitiers rink were bad; he could only train 2 hours a day there!!!
    - He still is planning to come back to Poitiers next year, unless his stay in Paris make him change is mind. He wants to open his skating school when he retires.
    - The training schedule between Dumont and Krier has not been defined yet!!!!

vCash

- The French Fed made him move to Paris 1 month earlier than expected, since the training conditions at the Poitiers rink were bad; he could only train 2 hours a day there!!!
    - He still is planning to come back to Poitiers next year, unless his stay in Paris make him change is mind. He wants to open his skating school when he retires.
    - The training schedule between Dumont and Krier has not been defined yet!!!!
    Imagine if the students he coaches end up being known for their amazing presentation and transitions and choreography!

vCash
    Sylvia, thanks for the link to the article on Silété. I'm glad that she and her coach are able to stay positive while dealing with the injury and its aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Imagine if the students he coaches end up being known for their amazing presentation and transitions and choreography!
    Well, leaving aside the presentation question because that's a subjective thing, some of the older skaters have mentioned that it's hard for them to modify their skating to the demands of the current system, because they weren't trained for it until late in their development. I think it was KvdP who said that he could do jumps or transitions but not both, or something to that effect? Joubert has tried, to varying degrees of success, to adapt - but he probably would have been more successful under 6.0. Still, I see no reason why skaters who didn't grow up training for the current system can't help develop younger skaters with the demands of the IJS in mind. BTW, here's what he had to say about transitions in an interview last year:
    I have to say that transitions in edges do add a lot to skating. When you watch skaters from the past on YouTube, like John Curry or Robin Cousins [Olympic gold medalists in 1976 and 1980, respectively], you can see that they did skate many edge transitions, and it was beautiful to watch. But additional arm movements do not bring nearly as much, at least I feel so.
    Anyway, I think it's kind of sweet that Joubert wants to work with younger skaters. He was with the same coach (Guyon) from the time he was a kid until the age of 19 or so, maybe he'll be able to have a similar experience but as a coach.

vCash

2 hours of ice time would be fine as a short-term solution as long as he could spread them out and do both morning and afternoon sessions. Most skaters aren't on the ice more than 3 hours a day anyway. They do off-ice and conditioning for their 4-5 hours of trainining. It doesn't sound like he had much say in when his training could be held, though since the rink was in need of so many repairs and couldn't afford to wait any longer to start them.

vCash
    http://www.sport.fr/patinage-artisti...hi-283119.shtm

An article about Joubert that says he will end his single career after Sochi....and try pairs afterwards. He talked to a pair coach about his desire to switch (My guess is JR Racle), but the coach wasn't convinced it was a good idea. Joubert will do try-outs after Sochi. He says that skating pairs will also be good for his future coaching career.

vCash
    An article about Joubert that says he will end his single career after Sochi....and try pairs afterwards. He talked to a pair coach about his desire to switch (My guess is JR Racle), but the coach wasn't convinced it was a good idea. Joubert will do try-outs after Sochi. He says that skating pairs will also be good for his future coaching career.
    Mais oui! Think we just found Kevin van der Perren's long-term partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Mais oui! Think we just found Kevin van der Perren's long-term partner.
    He'd have to move to Poitiers.

Joubert's been talking about this pairs plan forever. I'm not buying it. Though if he just wants to do that for shows for a bit and get some experience for future coaching possibilities (as he suggests), I guess that's another matter.

On to other French matters... any news about Iliushechkina's status? I figure since she and Kocon are skating at the Masters, there must be some indication that she'd eventually be able to get her release.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    He'd have to move to Poitiers.

Joubert's been talking about this pairs plan forever. I'm not buying it. Though if he just wants to do that for shows for a bit and get some experience for future coaching possibilities (as he suggests), I guess that's another matter.

On to other French matters... any news about Iliushechkina's status? I figure since she and Kocon are skating at the Masters, there must be some indication that she'd eventually be able to get her release.
    I don't think he plans on chasing olympic gold with pairs

Although whoever he skates with is one lucky lady!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Although whoever he skates with is one lucky lady!
    that´s for sure

vCash
    http://www.ffsg.org/evenements/docum...ATS/SEG001.HTM

Master's going on now! Florent beat Joubert in sp by 1 point. But he fell two times.

vCash
    Where are Zahorski/Miart?

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast