Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

vCash
    At least their programs sound a lot better than what they had last year according to some journalists over here.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I have a doubt about a coach's name, in some skaters profiles i have found a Claudine Lucine and in others a Claudie Lucine, is this just a typical ISU spelling mistake or are they two different people?

vCash
    She is Didier Lucine's wife.
    And according to her facebook and Annecy's website, it's Claudie.
    But the mistake is all over the internet.

vCash
    Thanks I'm cleaning up the database on my site and these mistakes pop-up every now and then, I really wish the ISU (and other federations) had a better system to present names. I didn't know Viktoria Volchkova's married name was Butsaeva for example... And I'm also trying to figure out if Josée Normand and Josée Picard are different people. Argh to married names.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I think choreography is their least worry at the moment. the training conditions might be a more serious problem.
    You reap what you saw.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Hi all,
    I need your help.

1. I got a bit lost in results of French skaters at Nationals. Am I right that Anaïs Ventard is two time junior National champion?
    I found these results:
    http://www.ffsg.org/csnpa/2010_2011/...l/CAT003RS.HTM
    http://www.ffsg.org/csnpa/2011_2012/...l/CAT002RS.HTM

2. Any chance that someone can contribute for the article her photo in one of her costumes from last season? (I think, she had them for two seasons actually, so might be also from 2010-11)

Thank you in advance!

vCash
    Entries for Masters are here http://www.ffsg.org/salle_de_presse/...2_au090812.pdf

Ilyushechkina/Kocon are listed, hopefully they get to skate.

vCash
    There's a 'si release' next to their names (as well as Safronova/Allain's).

Which would indicate a release is needed? Strange as it's a national event so ISU rules need not apply.

vCash
    On the French forum, someone posted that Yretha Silete had a bad injury after colliding with Romain Ponsart in practice. He says that she may need surgery and she is probably out for the Masters. I am just translating what I red. We'll get more precisions this weeks since the first JGP is in France this week.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    2. Any chance that someone can contribute for the article her photo in one of her costumes from last season? (I think, she had them for two seasons actually, so might be also from 2010-11)
    What article are you referring to ? Are you looking for pictures to illustrate an article ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    What article are you referring to ? Are you looking for pictures to illustrate an article ?
    Yes. And I already got permission to use photos from here:
    http://franceolympique.com/art/2460-...rbillonne.html

Do you happen to have her photos? Because photos from her short might help me too.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Yes. And I already got permission to use photos from here:
    http://franceolympique.com/art/2460-...rbillonne.html

Do you happen to have her photos? Because photos from her short might help me too.
    For what medium/media do you need these pictures ? I co-own a website and the pictures we have are copyrighted (done by a pro photographer who's the co-owner). They can be used in other medias if they're linked to us and the author is cited, but we need to know what kind of article they will illustrate first. Pls contact me by PM !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    For what medium/media do you need these pictures ? I co-own a website and the pictures we have are copyrighted (done by a pro photographer who's the co-owner). They can be used in other medias if they're linked to us and the author is cited, but we need to know what kind of article they will illustrate first. Pls contact me by PM !
    Sorry, but

cholla has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    ????? Must have clicked on something by mistake cause until now I could receive about anything from anyone, including unwanted crap I'm going to correct this right away

Edited : done ! (I have no recollection of choosing to receive messages from contacts and admins only but well, must have done something wrong while using my smartphone or while typing without my glasses on...)

vCash
    Yretha Silete had knee surgery on Monday to repair an ACL tear. Looks like the MCL and meniscus were also repaired. The French fed just issued a press release.

She is hoping to be back for the Olympic season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Yretha Silete had knee surgery on Monday to repair an ACL tear. Looks like the MCL and meniscus were also repaired. The French fed just issued a press release.

Thanks! Link to the French press release: http://www.ffsg.org/salle_de_presse/...tha_Silete.pdf
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

I had no idea Silete had suffered such a serious injury, that really sucks - as we saw with Dai, it's a tough one to come back from and a long road before returning to full strength. I hope her recovery goes according to plan so that she can make it in time for next season.

vCash

This is very sad news Just when she started to progress.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Since I managed to tear my own ACL & partially tear the MCL and meniscus of the same knee, it's definitely a long-term injury. Once other ligaments start being affected, it's probably best to have surgery as soon as possible because you start doing all sorts of strange things to over-compensate for the lack of stability.
    Fingers crossed for a full recovery for Yretha!

vCash
    Here's an article about Pechalat & Bourzat's costume designer with a picture. I believe it's thier SD costume for this season.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast