Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    The arm movements - even if it is Walk Like an egytian- are very well done! They look great.
    From old exibition
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JiH5...eature=related

Look like even if P-B will skate there Circus FD next 10 years they always will look fresh for FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thanks. It doesn't look bad - I have only watched it without sound/music for now, though. Still, although I understand that they have their style, I would have liked to see something more serious from them for a change. I think they are fully capable of it, as we saw it in their 2010 FD (the one that they skated at Europeans and Olympics, not their old, very much in their usual style program that they used at Worlds).
    They've done plenty of serious programs in their career - I think they went in a lighter direction after the 2008 season. Their Craziness FD was really good, but IIRC, apparently they felt (or were told?) that some people found it too dark. If they're now going in a lighter direction, it's because that's what they're being rewarded for. They have more range than Circus and Chaplin, for sure.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Canton is bad.

P/B is bad.

What is good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalice View Post
    Canton is bad.

P/B is bad.

What is good?
    I think all they are good. Natalie and Fabian were very strong under Zhulin eben with skating Circus during past 3 years, but why they need to take this old ex for new FD in France?
    They could much better, but look like there new coaches didnt try to find even new music for them. Sad
    But i hope they will win ECh again and at leat will win medal at WCh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think all they are good. Nataie and Fabian were very strong under Zhulin eben with skating Circus during past 3 years, but why they need to take this old ex for new FD in France?
    Huh? They skated to Circus for one season + 2010 Worlds. Chaplin may have been thematically similar, but they are by no means the same program.

As for this year's concept, yes they did Mummies as an EX in the past. They're not the first skaters to take a concept and translate it from gala to competitive program, so I fail to see how this is an issue. I haven't watched the full FD, so I can't say what's been recycled and what's original. But don't forget that with a shorter off-season and a major coaching change, there may have been a limit to how many new elements they could come up with and train.

vCash
    Natalie and Fabian were very strong under Zhulin eben with skating Circus during past 3 years
    Skating Circus at Worlds doesn't mean they skated it all the 09-10 season.

And even this dance is not fresh for them, it will be rather refreshing to watch it among upbeat dances and love stories, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I haven't watched the full FD, so I can't say what's been recycled and what original.
    This time Fabian is not a mummy like Nathalie, he is a Pharaon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Skating Circus at Worlds doesn't mean they skated it all the 09-10 season.

And even this dance is not fresh for them, it will be rather refreshing to watch it among upbeat dances and love stories, imo.
    Refreshing mean to bring something new in this FD. Hope they will made this, becausee i didnt see any "refresh" at this video.

And i am imaging what people start talking if Canton skaters will skate in FDs there old exibitions or old ODs.
    But i wish all the best to P-B and maybe wish they will be higher at WCh then D-W and Shibs. Thats why i feel so sad to see this FD and maybe this will never happened

vCash
    And i am imaging what people start talking if Canton skaters will skate in FDs there old exibitions or old ODs.
    If they skate in FDs their old ODs it will be good (I'd LOVE D/W recycle Indian dance into FD), but please not EX! All of them are boooring to death.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    pani, back in the trash can
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    pani, back in the trash can
    OK But if i will say - P-B show the best FD they ever had and i never saw nothing like this, there skating is superb. O, and yes - i never saw worst programs and skating, then Canton skaters show - will you let me stay at GSD?

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    No. Just go back and find those three stops and time them and let this be about French skaters
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Sorry, but i wish to talk about Joubert "new" LP and Amodio "sexy tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Why do I get the feeling P/B could vomit on the ice and Ziggy would go "at least it isn't boring!!!"
    Because somebody vomitting on the ice would be more interesting than 90% of ice dance programs, including all that Zoueva has ever choreographed.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalice View Post
    Canton is bad.

P/B is bad.

What is good?
    People in having different opinions shocker.

vCash
    Fabian said that Krylova worked a lot on the steps and transitions and it shows. The LP is very well built. It looks like they will change one of the lifts and make minor adjustments.

vCash

Like if V&M took last year's FD for their SD? Oh wait they did! And nobody's complaining about it AFAIK! Maybe you need to stop imagining things

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Fabian said that Krylova worked a lot on the steps and transitions and it shows. The LP is very well built. It looks like they will change one of the lifts and make minor adjustments.
    That is one thing that I noticed.

That program was jam packed, something was going on all the time.

I hope the second lift will be changed. It neither looks, nor was it performed very well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I hope the second lift will be changed. It neither looks, nor was it performed very well.
    I do not like the 1st one. It looks hard for them especialy with Fabian in spread eagle position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    I do not like the 1st one. It looks hard for them especialy with Fabian in spread eagle position.
    That is their signature lift. I am glad it is back because it is incredibly spectacular. Neck on neck. Dancers usually copy each other`s lift, but I have not seen anyone else try to copy that one. They are probably to scared for their lives.

vCash
    I think Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI did similar lift (i this Natalie and Fabien create this lift in 2006-2007 season)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYzSB...9E61FD2F137A7D
    1:40
    I like this lift in there "Four seasons" FD (my favorite from them)
    Last edited by pani; 10-11-2011 at 09:13 PM.

vCash
    I believe that Denkova/Staviski and Brian Joubert will be skating at an event in Nice on 26 October .
    I really miss D/S so it will be great to see them skate again .
    Anyone have any more info ?

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast