Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I'm sorry, but how exactly are the Canton team's very old fashioned programs in anyway fresh?
    In ice dance they are. I personally think that all these weird characters, mummys, birds etc. are very old fashioned in ice dance and they also make it look quite ridiculous as a sport.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I'm sorry, but how exactly are the Canton team's very old fashioned programs in anyway fresh?

I'm not crazy about this dance either to be honest, but it's very different, and I actually quite liked the shapes they made on the ice and the last step sequence.
    I don't think its very different unless you mean very different from the other FDs we've seen so far this season. In that sense it might stand out but I was hoping if they were going to revisit the 90's in ice dance it would be a bit more A&P than Denkova/Staviski. Although I recognize the nod to A&P in their opening pose

We should have a nice bit of variety though with the top teams which will make for an interesting GP final and Worlds. An Egyptian dance, Funny Face, Ave Maria, haven't really seen any others but judging by the music announced I look forward to the variety this season.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    In ice dance they are. I personally think that all these weird characters, mummys, birds etc. are very old fashioned in ice dance and they also make it look quite ridiculous as a sport.
    I don't think it makes the sport look ridiculous. I think any theme, done well, has merit.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    When V/M and the other Canton teams will step on the ice with their classy costumes and fresh programs they will look like a blast from the past....
    Yeah, because empty, recycled Zoueva choreography and skating through the music is sooooooo fresh.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenya View Post
    I kind of love it. And I hope they have some super voidy back story to go along with it...
    Press release!!!!!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Pechalat/Bourzat being whom they are, I was fully expecting their "Egyptian" FD to be about the Arab Spring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Press release!!!!!
    I need a detailed handout explaining all of the arm movements and their signifiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Pechalat/Bourzat being whom they are, I was fully expecting their "Egyptian" FD to be about the Arab Spring.
    I'm really glad I'm not the only one who had this thought.

vCash
    That would probably be more interesting than what they actually did (though I'll cop to liking it more than I expected)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iris81 View Post
    FD of Pechalat-Bourzat is on facebook:
    http://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/Nath...t/181962471187
    Thank you. Of the programs I've seen so far this fall, this one is definitely my favorite. Can't wait to see it develop throughout the season.

vCash
    It's totally mad.

Not sure if it's a good or a bad thing. But it definitely stands out and at least isn't boring.

P/B bringing the crazy as usual! <3

vCash
    Why do I get the feeling P/B could vomit on the ice and Ziggy would go "at least it isn't boring!!!"

vCash
    The way the different pieces of music are put together reminds me of Denkova and Staviski's 2003 FD.

I don't love it, I don't hate it. I think the music in the second half works a bit better. Eh.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Maybe they'll call it "Tribute to Tahrir Square".
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I don't love it but I don't hate it either,which is good.

But since when variety in ice dancing is forbidden?Some of us find a zillion big band programs skated with the same white shirt and black pants the 1990 too.Moniotte/Lavanchy,Bourne/Kraatz anyone?I consider all that equally a joke,as other consider mummies,etc.
    What always makes me wonder though is why all of these teams use balletic,avant garde,dramatic etc when they need to win the Olympics.If it's so bad,why do it...

vCash
    I think there are no bad themes, as long as the choreography is good, brings something interesting or new / difficult, it's fine for me.
    TFB is a music that will please some and bother others, it's a matter of personal taste. But the important is the program and how it is skated. I haven't seen yet P&B's program, but they have the right to interpret these music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
    ITFB is a music that will please some and bother others, it's a matter of personal taste. But the important is the program and how it is skated. I haven't seen yet P&B's program, but they have the right to interpret these music.
    Quite right.
    I love this music and my favourite programme is G/P 97 FD They did a fabulous programme loads of choreo and they were fast .
    Compare to G/G and well zzz you know
    N/K FD to it was also pretty good.
    I'm glad they're not using it all the way through though in that way it won't be compared to these teams.
    Loved the lift where she is stood upright

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Didn't P&B use an Egyptian choreographer for this? If so, why on earth is it filled with Walk Like An Egyptian moves that you never, ever see in oriental dancing or Egyptian folkloric dances (or shaabi for that matter). I realize oriental dance would be hard to translate to the ice, but when they're standing around posing surely they could do some actual oriental dance moves instead of WLAE-arms?

I hope it'll grow on me, as I usually love their programs, but...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iris81 View Post
    FD of Pechalat-Bourzat is on facebook:
    http://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/Nath...t/181962471187
    Thanks. It doesn't look bad - I have only watched it without sound/music for now, though. Still, although I understand that they have their style, I would have liked to see something more serious from them for a change. I think they are fully capable of it, as we saw it in their 2010 FD (the one that they skated at Europeans and Olympics, not their old, very much in their usual style program that they used at Worlds).

vCash
    I think we saw this from them at exibitions with different music. And even first part including first lifr were the same. They didnt show nothing new, ony 1 new lift. Dont know what to think about this. I thought they really will show something unreall for home WCh. Did Camerlengo work with choreo of this FD?

vCash
    The arm movements - even if it is Walk Like an egytian- are very well done! They look great.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast