Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    True. People usually become swindlers and embezzlers only after they've studied at E.N.A (National School of Administration)
    That's always a question for me : do they become after or are they already before ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    True. People usually become swindlers and embezzlers only after they've studied at E.N.A (National School of Administration)
    The potential must be already there before they graduate though.

vCash
    Annick Dumont just has NOT aged a bit...or has aged extremely well. The woman is superbly Radiant!

Like a fine Beaujalois.
    Last edited by piano18; 06-30-2010 at 12:45 AM.

vCash
    Swindlers and embezzlers won't pass the "secret défense" enquiry of 8 months prior entering that school.
    You can't pass that enquiry if you haven't paid your taxes for example.

And those staying in the ENA administrative path are not swindlers and embezzlers : they learn how to play by the law I wish I could have done it, but way too much law to get there !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Swindlers and embezzlers won't pass the "secret défense" enquiry of 8 months prior entering that school.
    You can't pass that enquiry if you haven't paid your taxes for example.

And those staying in the ENA administrative path are not swindlers and embezzlers : they learn how to play by the law I wish I could have done it, but way too much law to get there !
    You're totally beside the point. You keep talking of what's required to enter ENA and I was joking about what sometime happens AFTER people graduate ! It's common knowledge that some "Enarques" have ended up on trial for malpractice. Ever heard of Jean-Marie Messier and Vivendi ? Jean-Yves Haberer and Credit Lyonnais ? Jean-Louis Guérin and Clearstream ? ENA is still a prestigious school, but its reputation has unfortunately been quite sullied by some of its former students in the past. ENA has provided the country with very honest and intelligent men and women but also with crooks. Sure that they didn't become crooks specifically at ENA, the seed was certainly planted before, but it just shows that being an Enarque isn't a guarantee of 100% purity and incorruptibility. That's a fact and not only an opinion. And that's why I'm not that impressed by Alexandre Piton's references.
    Last edited by cholla; 06-29-2010 at 10:26 AM.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    I agree, still, the ENA is impressive because of the level required to enter the school, not for the potential of being honest.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
    I agree, still, the ENA is impressive because of the level required to enter the school, not for the potential of being honest.
    True.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    cholla : I got your point. That's why I said "they learn how to play by the law". I should have said "around the law" and not by

And yes, Piton's just coming out FROM the ENA meaning that prior entering there three or four years ago, he went through the inquiry process. Thus it means he was perfectly honest while at Eurosport or he wouldn't have passed the barrier.

As for Enarques being honest ... I'd rather pass
    Just look at how many enter politics to change their hearts every two weeks
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    ANy word on James and Coia, still Kaput?

vCash
    All I know is that Maximin was on holiday last week ...

Here is a small reportage about Yann Cucherat, the gymnast and mainly about his and his training center's collaboration with the ice dance center of Lyon to improve lifts and mastery of the growing acrobatic part of ice dance.

Pernelle Carron is interviewed and in the background are Lloyd Jones, Neil Brown and the italian pair Stefania Berton / Ondrej Hotarek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    ANy word on James and Coia, still Kaput?
    I'll answer my own question
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=433673191030

vCash
    nice ! Thanks. Beautifull 3S !!

vCash
    Thanks Poths! Looking nice indeed.

vCash
    Gorgeous! C'est magnifique!

vCash
    For the work slaves who don't have facebook access at work...what's on the video?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    For the work slaves who don't have facebook access at work...what's on the video?
    James and Coia doing a nice SBS 3S.

vCash
    Yep, there are other videos and they look good. But that was last May when the fed organized a large pair try-out in Bercy ...

The french fed has confirmed one pair in its latest bulletin (published in the last few days) : Canac and Bonheur.
    And they are training in Indianapolis with Sergei Zaitsev.
    There are news about several skaters' summer plans but none about Coia or James.
    OTOH, Vanessa James has been elected within the federal council (along with Zoé Blanc and Surya Bonaly) at the last general assembly.

About summer plans, we already know about Joubert (Urmanov, Courchevel, Canada) and Amodio (Morozov and Méribel with his coach).
    Besseghier who should start GPs next season is in Detroit with Camerlengo.
    Méité has spent the begining of July in Spain (I don't know which summer camp was organized there) and will train at La Roche sur Yon with Candice Didier (there are rumors of coach change for her but I hope the temporary situation will stay just that (temporary), because La Roche means Bercy ). Blanc / Bouquet will spend some time with Linichuk. Péchalat / Bourzat are in Latvia in camp Zhulin. I also think they will train in France at some point like last season.

All the other top junior dancers will be in Lyon Charlemagne. The girls of Annecy (Marrocco) will stay with their coaches in Méribel and Annecy. The Champigny boys will stay in Courchevel with their coach. Silété and Ciprès will stay with their coach too. 75% of the french skaters (and a lot of italians) might actually be in the Alps this summer (as usual).

(that's actually the moment when you can see who the fed is pushing because there is no enveloppe thing. Gailhaguet invests in those he wants to push and sends them abroad during the summer, and this year, it's Joubert, Amodio, Besseghier - there is always a big imbalance between girls and boys - , one pair, Péchalat / Bourzat and this year Blanc / Bouquet (usually Lyon -and dance- is on its own) ).
    Last edited by Nmsis; 07-20-2010 at 05:00 PM.

vCash
    About the JGP, the juniors will have short camps after which the fed should decide about the selections.

They will be held in Chambéry in Savoie (chollaaaa, that's for you).
    July 24-25 for ice dance
    July 31- August 1st for figure skating

So the selections for the first or first two GPJs will probably be decided according to last season's results.

vCash
    Besseghir is the guy with the great jumps, isn't he? He really lacked artistry last time I saw him but his jumps were wow. So great news that he is working with Carmelengo!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmsis View Post
    The girls of Annecy (Marrocco) will stay with their coaches in Méribel and Annecy.
    Any chance Lena might eventully try out pairs? Coia is available by the sounds of it and I always thought she had the basics for it. Also, any news on Sandra Sitbon? She had the best programs choreographed by Sandra Garde a few years ago, incuding a very cool D'Artagnan LP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMo78CWAkfw

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast