Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Bummer - James/Bonheur were very striking together.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    James/Coia would be interesting. I think they could become consistent with their solo jumps because both are so athletic. Good that Max has a better partner now.
    Last edited by Fallcolor; 05-17-2010 at 05:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    LOL, I thought Maximin wanted to do tours in Canada...Anyway, Vanessa is beautiful and Maximin is a great skater. I hope it will work between them

Hi briancoogaert. Coia wanted to do tours in Canada? As a pairs or singles skater? I know he currently resides in Montreal, and I thought he'd actually make a decent singles skater. He should try that if he and James don't work out.

vCash
    Drama!!! Yannick showed up at the rink that day and discovered Vanessa and Maximin on the ice. Apparently, he had no idea about the try-out. Vanessa or the French Fed did not tell him. Apparently, Vanessa knew that Yannick would show up because it was "Pairs Day" in Paris...
    I can't wait to get the skater's interviews.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Drama!!! Yannick showed up at the rink that day and discovered Vanessa and Maximin on the ice. Apparently, he had no idea about the try-out. Vanessa or the French Fed did not tell him. Apparently, Vanessa knew that Yannick would show up because it was "Pairs Day" in Paris...
    I can't wait to get the skater's interviews.
    Hello,

THIS is Vanessa James! I first would like to thank the people who have supported Yannick and I throughout our journey together and also the people who wish us both the best on our separate ways! I would like to clear up a few things, because obviously this story was not clear and people are starting to say “n’importe quoi!” (as they call it in french… “nonsense!”)

Firstly, NOBODY knows the relationship Yannick and I had on the ice in practice every day! Only Yannick and I, the federation, our coach and the French team who were there to see us off the camera, outside of competition. Yannick and I have been struggling for the last year and half on how to work productively and how to work well together! No one that saw us practice on the ice everyday would disagree! Yannick and I have talked about this on and off, before and after many competitions this season! No one knows the things that happened between Yannick and I this season… but I am sure if you all knew, things would be a lot more clear!

After worlds we had reached a breaking point! We both talked to the federation about our feelings and the federation was very understanding! I took the decision that I didn’t have the motivation to continue working the way we had been for the last year and a half! I didn’t believe things would change! I love France and love living there and working there! Saying that, there were still sacrifices that were made… to move and leave my family and friends, to a different country and learn a new language! It’s an amazing experience but when skating gets to a point where it is not fun anymore because we don’t work together, we don’t listen, we don’t get along EVERY DAY… it gets very hard! I love skating and I want to love it every day, even when it is hard, or frustrating. Yannick and I were far past this point! It was made clear to the federation and Yannick that I did not believe in our partnership. The federation said they would find a solution to help us both! We decided together to finish the galas because we had responsibilities to those clubs!

Maximin and I had a tryout last week, yes! It was one of the solutions the federation found because Maximin was without a partner also. They thought it would be a good idea to see how we looked together and worked together! Of course it was something new and fun and my motivation had returned but no decision was made! I assure you Yannick was told about this tryout! He was told that Maximin would be skating with me at Bercy and that he was free to come, but perhaps it was better that he did not! So I wish people would not talk about things they do not know!

Of course it was hard for Yannick, which is completely understandable, but do not make it look like he was completely in the dark about us not skating together. As of the 1st week of May Yannick and I were not official partners anymore! This he knew and was aware! The tryout was no surprise to Yannick when he arrived at Bercy for the Pairs training test. It was a surprise for me that he decided to come!

I just wanted to clear a few things up! I do appreciate our work and my journey with Yannick! He is a good person and has a wonderful family! But he knows just as well as I, that lines were crossed in our skating relationship, and if we are at this point now… it is from mistakes we both made and we are both to blame! The difference is… I chose that I wanted to make a change!

Thank You
    Last edited by Ness; 05-17-2010 at 03:53 PM.

vCash
    Hi Vanessa. Thank you for clarifying this. I apologize for my previous post. I was translating something I saw on another forum and did not double-check the facts.
    I hope to see your beautiful smile on the 2014 podium with Maximin or another partner.

vCash
    Hi Vanessa, thanks for clearing things up! I'm very excited for the new partnership, if it works out. I wish you all the best whatever happens, same also to Yannick and Maximin.

thanks again for writing so openly to us about the problems in your partnership with Yannick, I would never have guessed you didn't get along so well, you really gave me a good feeling when you skated last season. hope to see you on the ice again soon, with Maximin or someone else

Tove*

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Thank You
    Thank YOU for your post.

Best of luck.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Thanks a lot for letting us know about what has happened, Vanessa.

I can only imagine that Pairs/Ice Dance partnerships must be extremely intensive. You're spend so much time together and especially when things aren't going very well it must put so much pressure on the relationship.

And when you stop getting along, for whatever reason, I can't imagine further contiuing as a team, having to spend so much time together every day.

I hope that your new partnership with Maximin works out. I enjoyed your skating very much, over the last few years, and hopefully there's more still to come.

Best of luck in your career.

vCash
    Vanessa..it's very good of you to take the time to inform us when you must be so very busy.

I hope you succeed in finding a partner since I think you are a beautiful skater with an elegant on-ice presence . If things should work out with Maxime..I know Canadian fans would be thrilled if you were to train in Canada... ( for whatever that's worth).

Regardless, I look forward to following your career and wish you the very best.

vCash
    Hi Vanessa! Thanks for your post. I really liked your partnership with Yannick but I wish you the best of luck.

vCash
    Thanks for your post Vanessa. I love it when skaters post here and give the real story. Good luck with your new partnership. I really look forward to seeing you skate together.

vCash
    Good luck, Vanessa!! I really enjoy your skating and wish you all the best.

vCash
    Thank you, Vanessa! It is always precious when skaters tell their own story, even though it must be hard, too.

I wish you luck with your new partner, and also all the best to Yannick.

vCash
    Thanks for explainng, Vanessa... and good luck for the future.

vCash
    Thanks for sharing your part of the story, although you're telling it your way only.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Thanks for sharing your part of the story, although you're telling it your way only.
    Well, you can't expect her to tell it anybody else's way.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Sure, but cholla said it best : the truth is probably somewhere in the middle
    I just can't remember what cholla said exactly, I thought it was in this topic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Sure, but cholla said it best : the truth is probably somewhere in the middle
    Maybe, who knows. You definitely don't so stop presenting your posts as if they were facts and the one and only truth. You should learn to rephrase what you intend to post.

vCash
    I shall choose another nickname then ! God or Godessa or something of the like

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast