Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Allons-y! French skating news & updates

Thought I'd start a new thread (from the posts on page 27 of the "Muhortova/Trankov" thread) with:
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    NEW French Pair Try-out: Vanessa James and Maximin Coia...possibly trained by Ingo Steuer.
    The French dream team!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    like...for real? what happened to Bonheur?
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    It's a cruel cruel sport. The French Fed wanted to shake things up for a while now. Adeline Canac could not land her jumps to save her life. Bonheur was the weakest link of the partnership. So, you bring the strongest skaters together. DG was very active behind close doors to get this done. They are skating in Paris today, so I am sure that we will see pictures soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
    Oh my !!! A dream team. It's been said on FSU several times, DG maybe listen to us !!!
    For sure they would be great together, strong skaters with artistic qualities, both very reliable. They can reach the top together.

Now they can pair up Canac and Bonheur !!! Ok just kidding, I'm already deconnected !

vCash
    well I'd missed that in the other threads so I'm kind of happy at this news, although I'm also a bit sad for bonheur. Strangely, James and Bonheur never got respect from the judges even when they skated great, so I'll be curious to see how Coia and James are received.... I hope this works, Coia definitely deserves a decent partner!

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    Oh jeez, I just discovered James & Bonheur the last half of this season. Don't know those other skaters.

And man, the French fed is always in the running for most control-freak federation.
    Last edited by TalentedButHumble; 05-14-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    I liked James and Bonheur

vCash
    James and Coia are both very consistent jumpers. I could see them going for 3S and 3T very easilly. She is fearless in those throws. They are both very flexible. They both competed for France last year, so they would not have any problems competing right away. A lot of the ingredients for success are here.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Wheeeeeeeeee!!!! I love them both, and it will be great to see Coia with a solid partner.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Active few weeks for French pair skaters! On top of these, Blanchard will be skating with Moody Maria, won't he? Maybe Sabrina Lefrancois can come back and skate with Bonheur. And, while on the subject on French girls in pairs, what's Marylin Pla doing these days? They definitely have a high attrition rate for female partners in France

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    And, while on the subject on French girls in pairs, what's Marylin Pla doing these days?
    She is a student at "Esmod" (Superior School of Arts and technic for Fashion) and wants to become a stylist. I think she has designed outfits for Candice Didier.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    I know it might sound silly, but I really loved the way James and Bonheur looked together, because of their skin colour. They looked like two yummy chocolates - add some ice looking like some yummy cream I hope it doesn't offend anyone, they have both beautiful skin colour and it looked so amazing on the ice. But of course, that's not a reason to keep a pair together anyway, I really love Vanessa, so hope she can achieve a lot with her new partner.

vCash
    Wow. I hope all these new teams work out. Pairs has the potential to be really interesting in the next 4 years.

vCash
    Well, if Vanessa and Maxime are going to go outside France for coaching , I wish they'd go to Richard Gauthier..I think they could look pretty wonderful together ,they already have good skills , and he's about the best polishing master out there, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I know it might sound silly, but I really loved the way James and Bonheur looked together, because of their skin colour. They looked like two yummy chocolates - add some ice looking like some yummy cream I hope it doesn't offend anyone, they have both beautiful skin colour and it looked so amazing on the ice. But of course, that's not a reason to keep a pair together anyway, I really love Vanessa, so hope she can achieve a lot with her new partner.

I agree with you.

vCash
    Thanks for this information Sylvia. In a TC thread I asked about Maximin Coia but no one answered.

Wow, the French Federation can be ruthless when it comes to pairs. But I suppose these two have great potential due to their consistency. I really hope they work out!

Vanessa James is originally Canadian, am I correct? From Montreal?

I am hoping to hear more on their progress.

vCash
    Not sure if Vanessa was born in Bermuda or Canada. I believe she acquired citizenship from her parents being orginally from Canada. She spent most of her youth attending schools and learning how to skate in Virginia, USA.

vCash
    I believe she was born in Montreal, but her parents moved elsewhere soon after.

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    Crud I really likes James & Bonheur together. They really set the crowd off at the 2009 Worlds in LA. They had a dynamic feeling about them, that made you feel like they could really be something after a few more years together.

I wish the new pairing of James & Coia the best of luck and I hope Yannick finds a new partner.

vCash
    So is the James-Bonheur split a done deal? If so I am really looking forward to seeing James-Coia!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticHaze View Post
    So is the James-Bonheur split a done deal? If so I am really looking forward to seeing James-Coia!
    Well it would be pretty hard for Vanessa to go back to Yannick now, all trust would be gone!

vCash
    Oh I am really disappointed. I loved James and Bonheur together. Their Romeo and Juliet program was excellent.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    LOL, I thought Maximin wanted to do tours in Canada...Anyway, Vanessa is beautiful and Maximin is a great skater. I hope it will work between them

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast