Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    In some states, yes. In some states, no. In this one, for example, I am not allowed to charge ANY of those fees, except transportation for out of municipality work. Some states allow you to charge by signature, some only by document. And so on.

All of that will probably be covered in Rex's seminar.
    I am pretty sure that in most states if the home or office visit fee is stated to the client IN ADVANCE, and accepted prior to visit, there are no restrictions for a fee above the "transportation expenses".

"Transportation expenses" may be "normed", but out-of office notary is also allowed to also charge: additional fee for emergency/rush service, extra time at signing location, holidays, and after 7 or 6 PM (depending). All that can add up to $25 to $50 or even more.

vCash
    Well, it's either this or selling bean pies . We'll see what happens.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I'd be more likely to buy a bean pie from you than your fancy stamp. Just sayin'.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash

Notary

I am a notary as well. In my profession you have to be. Honestly, there is nothing to it. Always remember that you are only responsible for the actual signature not tha accuracy of the document. So, if the document is written in german and it says that the person is going to bomb a bank, thats not your problem and you cant be held liable. As long as those people appeared before you with adequate ID and you SAW them sign it, you are ok. Its pretty easy.

having a nice day
    vCash
    What kind of bean pies?

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    Ooh, you gonna be a moozle selling bean pies at intersection islands before the onramp?

This is all very fascinating. The only time I went to a notary (for traveling abroad as a student), I got overcharged, and didn't know it.

But my friend is a notary in CA, and it makes a full-time income for him! He's never told me the details, but I know that he drives to the customer, and it's hundreds of pages of real estate stuff usually.

vCash
    Bump. Two-year old bump.
    FINALLY got approved for online training, which I am taking a break from now. They kept saying that they needed to find the funding available - the course is less than $200USD!!! Should be done by day's end. I hope anyway. And I will make it clear that it will be for Coast Guard-related stuff only. There is a state rep's office where they can get personal stuff done.

Rinkside on my iPhone
    vCash
    Congratulations!
    This space for rent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    The other annoyance is that you have to find another notary for your own documents.
    But you'd have to do that even if you weren't a notary!

vCash
    Yikes! I'd suggest any Notary never never never notarize something for family or close friends! Definitely not "best practice" as the expression goes and notarizing something for your family is illegal here in ND. My stamp stays in a drawer at work.

If swomething is brought in already signed, I make the person re-sign it in front of me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12