vCash

Documentary about Lambiel

Very interesting and in-depth documentary made by Swiss TV about Stéphane Lambiel. You can see him backstage, in ballet class, preparing with Salomé Brunner his new program, talking about Vancouver, about future plans.

You can watch it on-line here, or download from here.

I found some translation to English here, but I think it's interesting to watch even if you don't understand French and don't read translation.

Pity that it's so short, less thаn half an hour...
    Last edited by reut; 05-14-2010 at 11:02 AM.

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    I love it! Thank you so much for posting! I should keep up more with what/how Stephane is performing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Very interesting and in-depth documentary made by Swiss TV about Stéphane Lambiel. You can see him backstage, in ballet class, preparing with Salomé Brunner his new program, talking about Vancouver, about future plans.

You can watch it on-line here, or download from here.

I found some translation to English here, but I think it's interesting to watch even if you don't understand French and don't read translation.

Thank you reut

vCash
    THANK YOU!!!! Fascinating! And that Ray Charles program looks like it's going to be another classic
    Last edited by shine; 05-15-2010 at 12:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post

If Weir can have a full length documentary and a series, than so should Lambiel. He's far more fascinating.

eta: at some of the shots from 2:10 to 4:00.

*downloads to hard rive*
    Last edited by casken; 05-15-2010 at 02:38 AM.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    If Weir can have a full length documentary and a series, than so should Lambiel. He's far more fascinating.

eta: at some of the shots from 2:10 to 4:00.

*downloads to hard rive*
    um, WOWWWWWWW!!! This video of Stephane and his sexy bum and bulge clad in sporty underwear deserves an honorary spot in the sexy figure skater hall of fame alongside Joubert's underwear clad elliptical exercise video working those world famous glutes of his. Such sexy ASSets on both of them! Now when are we going to get a steamy group shower video with Trankov, Smirnov, Yagudin, Lambiel, Joubert, Abbott, Buttle, Szolkowy, Verner, Brezina, Ponsero, Brubaker, Moir, and White?

The new Ray Charles program looks to have a Kurt Browning flair to it. Should be very fun to watch the finished product!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 05-15-2010 at 03:29 AM.

vCash
    This is such a nice film - great footage and editing - and yes, seeing Stephane half naked is always amusing, but what I really like about the video is that the focus is on the skating - most of the footage is of Lambiel and Brunner working on the new program. So nice to see how simpatico they are with each other - and Brunner is such an beautiful and elegant lady!

Interesting what Stephane has to say about his Olympic experience - that he wishes he had fallen on his first jump in his freeskate so that he wouldn't have had the pressure of winning hanging over him - sounds like he regrets more that he skated so tentatively rather than not winning gold. Makes me think that perhaps Takahasi's fall on his quad attempt was a blessing in disguise - maybe it cost him the gold, but he did skate like he had nothing to lose afterwards.

And he had to order tickets for the Olympics a year beforehand??? At $300 a ticket? I thought he hadn't decided to compete in the Olympics until the fall of last year - if he bought the tickets and then didn't compete - would he get his money back?

Also interesting the inspiration for Ne Me Quitte Pas - I thought it was directed at the audience - not to leave him after he retired - but it's more poignant to realize that it's about his skating and his fear that he might not skate again because of his injuries.

I wish there were more programs like these about other skaters - and that they do more about Stephane as well - he's a great subject.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post

And he had to order tickets for the Olympics a year beforehand??? At $300 a ticket? I thought he hadn't decided to compete in the Olympics until the fall of last year - if he bought the tickets and then didn't compete - would he get his money back?
    Based on what was said in that clip, it sounds like the prices went up to $3000 by the time the games came around, so Stephane could have made quite the profit if he wound up not needing the tickets.

INTJ
    vCash
    Thanks so much! Stephane is such a refreshing skater. Put my cereal box bilingualism to the test!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Based on what was said in that clip, it sounds like the prices went up to $3000 by the time the games came around, so Stephane could have made quite the profit if he wound up not needing the tickets.
    sorry - i think I wrote that wrong - he said that the tickets were $500 a piece and he had to get 6 altogether for family. So that would have been $3000 in total - but you are right that somebody did say that the tickets eventually were going for $3000 each - which I have a hard time believing....

INTJ
    vCash
    I think that was Jeff who said that and it sounded like it was intended to be a bit of an exaggeration. I think he was just trying to make him feel better about the situation. At least that's how I interpreted it. Though lower bowl tickets were going for over $1000 easily...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    Though lower bowl tickets were going for over $1000 easily...
    Upper bowl tickets were going for over $1000 on the Fan-to-Fan site.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    Interesting what Stephane has to say about his Olympic experience - that he wishes he had fallen on his first jump in his freeskate so that he wouldn't have had the pressure of winning hanging over him - sounds like he regrets more that he skated so tentatively rather than not winning gold. Makes me think that perhaps Takahasi's fall on his quad attempt was a blessing in disguise - maybe it cost him the gold, but he did skate like he had nothing to lose afterwards.
    Somehow it doesn't surprise me that what he regrets the most is not being able to skate freely, even if not perfectly, like he did at 2007 Worlds or 2008 Euros. Even he had fallen, if he was able to skate the way he had envisioned himself skating at the Olympics (his last one and the last competition of his eligible career) I think the comeback would've been hugely satisfying for him. He always cared the most about the performance aspect of the competition. Even as a fan I know I will always wonder what if he had skated differently and how the results would have turned out. I can't imagine him looking back at this competition and not feeling a sense of regret every time.