Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Copley is such a disappointment for me. She had way more to give.

The rest had gone as far as they were going to go, to Sebesteyen and Poykio for programs over the last decade (here and there )

As much as I disliked Langois as a performer, she helped Cody become a pretty class A pairs partner. I hope he continues as I feel he has MANY more years in him and could be stellar with a good female.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Tanith & Ben?! Really?

Really, the door was slammed in their face this year at Olympics, I would take that as a "please retire" from the judges!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MOIJTO View Post
    Really, the door was slammed in their face this year at Olympics, I would take that as a "please retire" from the judges!
    In my opinion, the judges slammed the door to the wrong couple!

vCash
    Any news whether the Kerrs are continuing or retiring? Considering the 2012 Euros in GB I really hope they stay until then, but you never know.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    I have slowly come to the realization that few skating careers end on a totally happy note. Anyway, here we have a team who have only won 2 ISU events, and have never won a competition off of American soil. Maybe they want to achieve at least one more significant victory before retiring. This would increase their value in the touring circuit.
    It depends on the expectation of the skater (or fans).
    If the skater thinks that nothing but the Olympic medal and world gold will fulfill his/her potential--something FSUers tend to believe themselves-- then very very few skaters end on a happy note, because only skaters like Tara and Evan fit the bill. Even Brian, with his one world gold, is saidto have not fulfilled potential (while true, he certainly has fulfilled a lot).

If the expectation is just to medal at a big event, then we have a max of 15 skaters who fit the category (15 medals at world / Oly. per O cycle).

If the expectation is just to have skated clean competitions or end with a strong competition, then more skaters fall into that category. Even KVP can say he ends happily (if he retires now).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Any news whether the Kerrs are continuing or retiring? Considering the 2012 Euros in GB I really hope they stay until then, but you never know.
    I think they plan on competing one more season, but until 2012 would be great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    What does it take to get rid of them????
    They should retire and start making babies (shudders at the thought of a John Baldwin III)!!!
    They will have a baby girl and a baby boy twins and once they grow up they will become a Baldwin/Baldwin pair team.

Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Gimazetdinova retired too right?
    I haven't seen or heard any announcements. I guess you would expect her too but then I am hoping she's going to skate until she's 57 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    No definite decision yet. Last I heard they were still thinking about whether to retire or continue a bit longer.

vCash
    I understand that Khoklova is going to Shpilband, tried out with Stagniunas. But that didn't result in a team.

Zaretskis are retiring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Zaretskis are retiring.
    Really?

vCash
    Dance: Andrea Chong & Guillaume Gfeller. He retired and Guillaume said in the article that he doesn't know what Andrea will do.
    An article in French:
    http://linformationdunordvalleedelar...137066&id=1425

vCash
    Really?

Yes, it's not surprising really. They've been skating for a long time. They are ready for a new adventure. Roman is 27 (birth date 4/83) and has had some injuries. They have done remarkably well and should be very proud of how well they represented Israel. And Israel should be proud of them. I wish them all the best.

vCash
    Yes, it's not surprising really. They've been skating for a long time. They are ready for a new adventure. Roman is 27 (birth date 4/83) and has had some injuries. They have done remarkably well and should be very proud of how well they represented Israel. And Israel should be proud of them. I wish them all the best.

Will Alexandra search for a new partner? She's still young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quebecoise View Post
    Dance: Andrea Chong & Guillaume Gfeller. He retired and Guillaume said in the article that he doesn't know what Andrea will do.
    An article in French:
    http://linformationdunordvalleedelar...137066&id=1425

I liked them the few times I saw them this season...

vCash

Will Alexandra search for a new partner? She's still young.
    I don't think so. She's been skating since she was very young, I think she wants a life.

vCash
    I don't think so. She's been skating since she was very young, I think she wants a life.
    Oh, I see.

I wish both of them the best in their life and good luck on whatever they plan to do in the future!

vCash
    I understand that Khoklova is going to Shpilband, tried out with Stagniunas. But that didn't result in a team.
    So is she partnering with Fedor?

Zaretskis are retiring.
    Bummer, I was hoping they'd skate for another year or 2, but I can understand. I wish them the best. Does Israel have another dance team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    So is she partnering with Fedor?
    I've heard rumors, but nothing substantial.

Bummer, I was hoping they'd skate for another year or 2, but I can understand. I wish them the best. Does Israel have another dance team?
    None of any status, that I'm aware of.

vCash
    In my opinion, the judges slammed the door to the wrong couple!

if we think of the same couple, I agree

Zaretskis are retiring.
    . for me that's quite unexpected!

btw, goo Gizmoo, skate till 80!

vCash
    Last I heard Brooke Frieling and Lionel Rumi were representing Israel..not much high level experience, however. Rumi did some JGP's for France, I think Freiling's highest US finish was 10th or 11th in Novice with Buck Withrow. She trained with Ben Westenberger for a few months and eventually moved to PA where she partnered with Rumi, after working with a Russian dancer. I think they did one Int'l last year.Haven't heard much since then, though. Could turn out to be pretty good with a bunch more experience together.Only saw one video, so it's hard to tell, they were still pretty raw. It took Copley and Saguinas time to gel so who knows.

vCash
    wow... after Worlds in Torino i just thought the Zars could be verrry close to the Euros podium.
    would have like to see other FD from them, but hey they can do other things than skating... thanks to them !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast