Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele_ View Post
    Or in fact, cant we just convert Bourzat from ice dance to males single and put him on the podium up there with Tomas and Brian for my eyes pleasure?
    Wow, wouldn't it be too much beauty for our eyes to bare?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele_ View Post
    He is hot and cute at the same time!
    I think if we're going for hotness on the podium, I can also have Tomas, Brezina and Brian as well! Or in fact, cant we just convert Bourzat from ice dance to males single and put him on the podium up there with Tomas and Brian for my eyes pleasure?
    As for a real podium, Tomas, Abbott and Joub would be a dream come true for me!
    Yes, like Tomas! Although Tomas was not looking so hot at the Olympics, he was pale and sickly and skinny (and sad) ! Once he's back in form though he will be as cute/hot as ever though http://www.jalta.cz/photo/news/verner01.jpg . And I don't know if Contesti is retiring or not I just know that he is one of the older skaters still competing at that he did well at Worlds in his home country so it could make sense if he did retire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Wow, wouldn't it be too much beauty for our eyes to bare?
    well, that would be the beautiful manly men podium, but if we were going for a strictly pretty podium, I think that would be comprised of Rippon, Brezina, and Kozuka, though they all are still very boyish and small.

vCash
    One of my favorite Verner performances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns02x...eature=related

How could you not like Tomas Verner? Hope he comes back stronger than ever next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    One of my favorite Verner performances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns02x...eature=related

How could you not like Tomas Verner? Hope he comes back stronger than ever next season.
    I agree, his exhibition pieces are always fantastically charismatic. His best technical performance ever though was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGQCqgTFFn8. Where the base value of 4t has been raised I'd love if he went back to the layout with two 4t and just one 3a, as the 3a seems to give him more trouble then the quad and when he lands the quads they are always huge and beautiful. This performance was magic, if he had had a better SP at that Worlds he would have medaled, and now where his overall skating and components have improved, if he could perform a program with that kind of content next season, it would be amazing and he'd be a real threat.

vCash
    Thanks for that link, pinky166. I remember that program well but wasn't sure of the year. Verner was amazing -- his jumps were brilliant (the unexpected fall on last jump, IMO, should not have taken away from his performance). I still think he should have won the bronze that year. Tomas has a kind of puckish, graceful quality about his skating. Some of his moves don't always seem to be precise and finished off, but the way he moves with a seeming carefree abandon makes me want to watch -- he's very entertaining. This 2008 Worlds sp with different music for skating really suits his style, and he had a blast performing to it (I thought he should have received higher scores).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqWCwcYq4Fg

I haven't seen a lot of Verner's countryman, Michal Brezina, but of what I have seen, he seems to be a good, consistent jumper, pleasing to judges, has fairly uninspiring costumes, and pretty much old school choreo -- perhaps Michal will find his own unique style someday and get better costumes and choreo, but I prefer Tomas. Oh, what skaters go through -- the ups and downs. I actually hadn't heard about Tomas' illness this past season. Hope he rebuilds his stamina and confidence, and also finds the right music to inspire him once again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Thanks for that link, pinky166. I remember that program well but wasn't sure of the year. Verner was amazing -- his jumps were brilliant (the unexpected fall on last jump, IMO, should not have taken away from his performance). I still think he should have won the bronze that year. Tomas has a kind of puckish, graceful quality about his skating. Some of his moves don't always seem to be precise and finished off, but the way he moves with a seeming carefree abandon makes me want to watch -- he's very entertaining. This 2008 Worlds sp with different music for skating really suits his style, and he had a blast performing to it (I thought he should have received higher scores).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqWCwcYq4Fg

I haven't seen a lot of Verner's countryman, Michal Brezina, but of what I have seen, he seems to be a good, consistent jumper, pleasing to judges, has fairly uninspiring costumes, and pretty much old school choreo -- perhaps Michal will find his own unique style someday and get better costumes and choreo, but I prefer Tomas. Oh, what skaters go through -- the ups and downs. I actually hadn't heard about Tomas' illness this past season. Hope he rebuilds his stamina and confidence, and also finds the right music to inspire him once again.
    I love that program too. I agree about Brezina as well, I think his great jumps and consistency win the judges over. Clean Tomas could probably edge Brezina out at this point though, or at least if he starts skating well again to get his PCS back up. Both Czech's are amazing and it's exciting, so great for their country, I hope they both win a world medal at some point, they've come so close in the past, I think they can do it.

vCash
    To make things a little bit more clearer (no matter what Czech Press wanting and writing about) I was speaking with very close and Tomas is still uncertain about the coaching change for 2010/2011. He is going abroad for two longer training camps when he will be giving it a try at different cities, however he still did not close the doors with Huth and Koprivova and at the time being still considering Oberstdorf as his next season training center (and as Caro is back in Oberstdorf it is understandable because Tomas was always favoring to working with her). One thing is for sure, as he is wanting to get rid off most of unsuccesfulls at Oly season it seems he is surely looking for a new choreo and would not be using Lori´s anymore (now I know this is a good news for Ziggy ). We will know more in the midle of August,

vCash
    Yay!

Thanks a lot for the news, Oubik. You're amazing as always!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    To make things a little bit more clearer (no matter what Czech Press wanting and writing about) I was speaking with very close and Tomas is still uncertain about the coaching change for 2010/2011. He is going abroad for two longer training camps when he will be giving it a try at different cities, however he still did not close the doors with Huth and Koprivova and at the time being still considering Oberstdorf as his next season training center (and as Caro is back in Oberstdorf it is understandable because Tomas was always favoring to working with her). One thing is for sure, as he is wanting to get rid off most of unsuccesfulls at Oly season it seems he is surely looking for a new choreo and would not be using Lori´s anymore (now I know this is a good news for Ziggy ). We will know more in the midle of August,
    Carolina is back to Huth?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laire View Post
    From what I've heard, she is still "coached" by Frank Carrol and Christa Fassi, but is currently training in Italy.

vCash
    She hasn't been coached by Carroll for a long time now, only spent a very short period of time with him and then moved to Fassi exclusively (and then spent some time in Italy with Eduardo de Bernadis).

vCash
    Well this is sort of what I understood from Czech press...
    ""Nevím, jestli mi to bude v zámoří vyhovovat. Pokud se mi tam zalíbí, zůstanu tam. Když ne, budu trénovat tady v týmu,"

That he is looking for new choreo is new to me though, I do kind of like that. I loved what Lori did for him, but I was already afraid she was going to pick something (even) more generic for him, since she has a tendency to do that sometimes with skaters ...
    Hopefully he won't work with some choreographer... but I think/hope he's smart enough
    "it doesn't matter if you love what you do, but that you do what you love"
    a quote Tomas Verner () gave me to think about...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laire View Post
    That´s in the making, however her move back to Oberstdorf is nearly reality, the coach is still written somewhere in the stars.

vCash
    From what I have heard, he is just keeping his options open. If he likes training abroad then he will likely stay there to train, but if the style doesn't suit him, he will go back to Huth and Koprivova. As far as I can tell, it seems like he plans to move overseas to train as long as he likes it, and is just keeping Huth and Koprivova in contention as a backup plan should things not go well in the US/Canada. I tend to think he will like it overseas though and will switch to a new coaching team. Huth has a lot of inconsistent students so I don't know what his deal is. I know Brezina trains in Obersdorf as well though and his consistency is excellent, don't know who his coaches are but I know they aren't Huth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deedeelocks View Post
    Hopefully he won't work with some choreographer... but I think/hope he's smart enough
    You have to believe in your SunnnyBoy, dear Dee

However, I do think both last year´s Lori´s programmes were well constructed for Tomas, I have a little doubts about both themes if suited him well.

The generic dilemma is there with me, too.

Your translation was nearly perfect , my notes were mostly for other Czech Press whining about his "divorce" with long time Czech coach and about other posters thinking the American Course is the sure thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I know Brezina trains in Obersdorf as well though and his consistency is excellent, don't know who his coaches are but I know they aren't Huth.
    Petr Starec (in Brno), Karel Fajfr (in Oberstdorf), but he is using great Oberstdorf facilities as most of the Czech A team.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234