Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deedeelocks View Post
    Well... From what I heard he was tested for H1N1 after SA (where IIRC he skated with a 39C fever) and it wasn't that. Anyway, after SA he was in bed for 5 days and then he did decide to do GPF and Cze nationals. He never really had time to properly recover.
    Besides that he had another kind of flu over christmas and lost 3 kilo....he only started training again about 1.5 weeks before Europeans.

Actually last april he told me he was going to the hospital again, to find out why he had been so weak/sick all season long. I don't know what came out of that however...
    Either way, he was seriously ill during Olympic year when his countryman competitor was having a breakout season and all that coupled with his nerves led to a very disappointing season. I mean, Tomas has never been the most consistent and he may never be, but he used to frequently perform well, making several GPFs, medaling twice at Europeans and twice finishing 4th at Worlds. Even this fall before he got sick, he won silver at TEB with two solid performances. I think he can bounce back and I think Brezina will force him to work harder and become more competitive. I really hope training overseas works out for him! We love you Tomas

vCash
    Speaking about illness, in this interview Tom said: "My only serious problem is lack of hemoglobin, I'm almost on the border of anemia, which can cause reduced immunity". So looks like it's not only about flu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laire View Post
    Speaking about illness, in this interview Tom said: "My only serious problem is lack of hemoglobin, I'm almost on the border of anemia, which can cause reduced immunity". So looks like it's not only about flu.
    Anemia is such an eville illness.

Speaking of Brezina, I think we do have yet to see him trying (and landing) quads in competitions. I'd be rather careful to say he "has" them both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I think Brezina's choregraphy will improve in time though. He mentioned in an interview that right now he can't afford to work with the best choregraphers (In North America) but I suspect once he starts earning more money that the choregraphy will improve.

Tomas is great, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a great competitor. It would be wonderful though to see him pull a Buttle because he's a great skater.
    Michal was working in Milano with Camerlengo on his new SP at the start of May. Cannot publicize the music yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    Michal was working in Milano with Camerlengo on his new SP at the start of May. Cannot publicize the music yet.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Thanks so much for the news!

Camerlengo is one of the coolest choreographers around.

I am so happy to hear that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Thinking of Buttle, I kind of think he'd be a good choreographer choice for Tomas, and if Tomas is already going to be in Toronto...
    So many choreographer options for Tomas... I hope he tries someone new for at least one of his programs. I also hope he eases off the movie-character programs, because he's capable of being more creative/interesting than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ninadel View Post
    So many choreographer options for Tomas... I hope he tries someone new for at least one of his programs. I also hope he eases off the movie-character programs, because he's capable of being more creative/interesting than that.
    I agree, I love love loved his tango LP from 08-09 season when he was all silly and slapped himself in the face and blew kisses . So cute

vCash

Tomas can't pull a Buttle. Buttle managed to win without a quad, but if Tomas wins, it will be very likely with the quad.
    When I was talking about pulling a Buttle I was talking about an inconsistent skater Buttle may have world medals but they were with a lot of falls, who gets surprassed by his country man. (Chan beat him at Nationals that year) Pulling it together and delivering strong performances to win Worlds.

Speaking of Brezina, I think we do have yet to see him trying (and landing) quads in competitions. I'd be rather careful to say he "has" them both.
    The reports were he was doing them in official practices. The thing is I agree with you. But the thing with Michal is that his triples are so huge, and delayed. And alot of them look like they could handle an extra rotation. Kurt Browning even though his triple axel (could handle an extra rotation). So for me the idea that Michal has those jumps in practice, isn't ridiculous whatsover. Jumping seems to be an easy thing for him.
    Last edited by bek; 05-18-2010 at 05:38 PM.

vCash
    Speaking of Brezina, I think we do have yet to see him trying (and landing) quads in competitions. I'd be rather careful to say he "has" them both
    The reports were he was doing them in official practices. The thing is I agree with you. But the thing with Michal is that his triples are so huge, and delayed. And alot of them look like they could handle an extra rotation. Kurt Browning even though his triple axel (could handle an extra rotation). So for me the idea that Michal has those jumps in practice, isn't ridiculous whatsover. Jumping seems to be an easy thing for him.
    Here some videos of Michal doing 4T and 4T-2T in practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cewy74dXsWg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnO51_0bHVM

And for Tomas: I hope this training overseas will help him!

vCash
    I guess only Tomas can exorcise his own demon. I hope he finds training overseas conducive to getting it done. If Michal can do 4T with consistency, he will be my fav Czech.

vCash
    IIRC, Brezina's 4S is more consistent than his 4T.

He had 3salchow very early on in his FS last season as a possible quad spot.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Having a close competitor in their own home country can only help them both. It's nice to hear Tomas is trying to improve his mental approach to competitions. He's always had technical and performance ability to spare. He's also a much better skater than his results last year would indicate -stating the obvious, I know. I think the fact that he came out of it wanting to improve and working towards that goal is a very good sign. Fingers crossed this works out for him!

Quote Originally Posted by oubik
    Could you please tell us if it's something *other* than jazz ? Looking forward to the new program, in any case.

vCash
    I have a good feeling about this because:

Miki Ando: disaster olympics in 06 --> changed coaches , moved to US (North America) --> won world title in 07 w/ 3-3 in SP and LP
    Miki is a great jumper

so maybe

Tomas Verner: disaster olympics in 10 --> changes coaches, moves to US/Canada (North America) --> wins world title in 11 w/ 4-3 in SP and LP
    Tomas is a great jumper

Who's with me?

vCash
    I am totally for Tomas for the world title!!! Tomas for gold! Or actually any world medal for that matter, as long as he doesn't bump Brian off the podium after 5 consecutive years!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele_ View Post
    I am totally for Tomas for the world title!!! Tomas for gold! Or actually any world medal for that matter, as long as he doesn't bump Brian off the podium after 5 consecutive years!
    How about Brian, Tomas, and Jeremy for the World podium next year ? I also love Brezina and Rippon but they still have plenty of time. I would so love to see the Vancouver disasters rebound to medal at Worlds next year, and we all know those three men have the talent and QUADS to land on the podium if they can put two programs together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    How about Brian, Tomas, and Jeremy for the World podium next year ?
    In any order.

vCash
    Replace Jeremy with Contesti and you get damn good looking podium

How about Brian, Tomas, and Jeremy for the World podium next year ? I also love Brezina and Rippon but they still have plenty of time. I would so love to see the Vancouver disasters rebound to medal at Worlds next year, and we all know those three men have the talent and QUADS to land on the podium if they can put two programs together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    Replace Jeremy with Contesti and you get damn good looking podium
    Can you say YUM on ice? . Is Contesti retiring though? He's like 28...

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Can you say YUM on ice? . Is Contesti retiring though? He's like 28...
    Oh, is he retiring? Maybe he wishes to spend more time with his wife and baby. What a handsome skater and daddy he is!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Oh, is he retiring? Maybe he wishes to spend more time with his wife and baby. What a handsome skater and daddy he is!
    He is hot and cute at the same time!
    I think if we're going for hotness on the podium, I can also have Tomas, Brezina and Brian as well! Or in fact, cant we just convert Bourzat from ice dance to males single and put him on the podium up there with Tomas and Brian for my eyes pleasure?
    As for a real podium, Tomas, Abbott and Joub would be a dream come true for me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast