View Poll Results: Who Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Multiple Votes Allowed)

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ageless and Ever…Ever…greeeeeen!!!! (I Liked Everybody Tonight)

0 0%
  • Casey James

9 21.95%
  • Crystal Bowersox

33 80.49%
  • Lee DeWyze

8 19.51%
  • Michael Lynche

5 12.20%
  • I’m Holding Out For A Hero… (Didn’t Like Anybody Tonight!)

8 19.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

Duets by far were better than the solos. I'm in the minority here, but I *hated* Kris Allen's version of Falling Slowly and thought the duet was much better. Casey and Lee were way off in a few parts but overall it was good, and Casey's guitar playing saved it. Please, though, put that damn song out to pasture, AI.
    Your meds must have been good because Lee was paired with Crystal, not Casey!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    CYN One of the funniest posts ever!

I wonder if Lee had to clean his turd up?

Hope you are doing better. Hope the surgery was nothing too serious. Hugs for you feeling just perfect, ASAP!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Your meds must have been good because Lee was paired with Crystal, not Casey!
    D'oh!!

You're right, it was Crystal/Lee and Casey/Mike. I still stand by my assessments of the duets, though .

Oh, and to add one thing, Jamie Foxx absolutely sucked as a mentor. Equally if not more worthless than Miley Friggin' Cyrus.

vCash
    Oh, and to add one thing, Jamie Foxx absolutely sucked as a mentor. Equally if not more worthless than Miley Friggin' Cyrus.
    Yeah, and after that huge build-up about him being so great last year they had to ask him back .

I think that the most effective mentor so far (in any year) was Harry Connick Jr. Maybe because he is a composer on a level that most pop singers are not. He composes orchestrations, so he understands all of the harmonies, and the relationship of one note to another, and blending notes. He seemed to be able to explain how they should do things musically, but more importantly he explained why, the mechanics of it. Plus, he really seemed like he did it for the contestants, not for his own celebrity.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Jamie Foxx was the worst. The best he could come up with was an idea to give out "contestant" and "artist" shirts, really?! My friend and I just laughed when we first saw that. My teachers in kindergarten did the same thing, except they gave us gold star stickers when we were good!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I definitely thought Harry Connick, Jr. was the best mentor. In addition to being very helpful, he was very entertaining. I didn't care much for his own performance, though, and would have been happy to have a different theme that week.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Harry Connick, Jr., as well as Adam Lambert, were the mentor highlights of this season.

It may be the meds I'm still on, but I think (and this is of course inspired by MamaSox's performance last night) Kenny Loggins would be a great mentor on AI, especially for a "Movie Song" theme night. A lot of his music is Lite-FM (of which I usually hate with the fire of a thousand nuns), but damn, the dude is undoubtedly talented and has had some great songs over the past 30+ years. He also knows a thing or 100 about bringing good, high energy to the performance of a song.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I'm guessing the producers did not think that Casey was going to get to the final three. It looks like they've got almost nothing planned for him for his homecoming:
    Of course they didn't think he'd get final three. They would rather coronate Lee, their chosen one. Casey puts a dent in their plans, hence the Kris-bus they drove and backed over Casey.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Harry Connick, Jr., as well as Adam Lambert, were the mentor highlights of this season.

It may be the meds I'm still on, but I think (and this is of course inspired by MamaSox's performance last night) Kenny Loggins would be a great mentor on AI, especially for a "Movie Song" theme night. A lot of his music is Lite-FM (of which I usually hate with the fire of a thousand nuns), but damn, the dude is undoubtedly talented and has had some great songs over the past 30+ years. He also knows a thing or 100 about bringing good, high energy to the performance of a song.
    I like Kenny Loggins, expecially the stuff when he was with Jimmy Messina. I actually got to meet Kenny Loggins a few years ago, he's really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Of course they didn't think he'd get final three. They would rather coronate Lee, their chosen one. Casey puts a dent in their plans, hence the Kris-bus they drove and backed over Casey.
    Do you really think they prefer Lee over Crystal? I wonder if they're just trying to throw everyone off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Do you really think they prefer Lee over Crystal? I wonder if they're just trying to throw everyone off.
    I think they care more about who makes the finale than they do about who wins. They want Lee and Crystal in the finale. Those are the two they want to sign to recording deals. I think it's really, really clear. I think they're confident Crystal will make it to the finale and the overpimping of Lee has been an effort to make sure he gets there, too.

Personally, I think they're not seeing an opportunity to get Casey doing some bluesy southern rock combined with some Keith Urban like country to get him into that country music niche. That might sell just as well as Lee doing Nickelback-like music. And I think Casey will be more popular in concert, in part because of his guitar playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I think they care more about who makes the finale than they do about who wins. They want Lee and Crystal in the finale. Those are the two they want to sign to recording deals. I think it's really, really clear. I think they're confident Crystal will make it to the finale and the overpimping of Lee has been an effort to make sure he gets there, too.
    Yeah, I agree. I think they expect Crystal to be in the top two, probably win and they want the final to be between her and Lee. Wouldn't it just blow them away if it wound up being Crystal and Casey? I would love it!

Personally, I think they're not seeing an opportunity to get Casey doing some bluesy southern rock combined with some Keith Urban like country to get him into that country music niche. That might sell just as well as Lee doing Nickelback-like music. And I think Casey will be more popular in concert, in part because of his guitar playing.
    I think we're totally on the same page with the guitar part! He's awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Did the Kris bus ("Danny was better on the duet") previously belong to David Cook? ("Archie, you were the clear winner tonight!")

If so, that bodes well for Casey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I don't know if they prefer Lee over Crystal, it may be like what Allskate said, they want their dream final 2.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Did the Kris bus ("Danny was better on the duet") previously belong to David Cook? ("Archie, you were the clear winner tonight!")

If so, that bodes well for Casey.
    Yep, same bus, just more drivers.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm not sure why people think that the AI people want Lee in the final two instead of Casey. Lee is the guy from the paint store who sings on his coffee breaks and Casey is the SMOKING hot dude who rocks his guitar and could end up being the male Carrie Underwood (he's almost as beautiful)!

P.S. Does anyone else get the feeling that all Casey wants out of this is a steady gig as a guitarist that pays more than 50 bucks a night??

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    literally biggest or do you mean sales?
    Neither. Just being bitchy and sarcastic.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I don't go to itunes nor do i download from there, but if PrincessLeppard downloaded only one this year and that was one of Lee's performance perhaps the his has a higher download record than Casey? And PL did download quite a few from AI in the past - maybe she is typical?

Not that I mean PL is a typical person, she is a

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    P.S. Does anyone else get the feeling that all Casey wants out of this is a steady gig as a guitarist that pays more than 50 bucks a night??
    I don't know if that's all he wants. But, I do think he knows he's not the best singer. And I think he knows that he blows them out of the water with his guitar playing. I think Crystal is a pretty accomplished guitarist as well, but her style is more subtle. I'd like to see her buff up on her piano playing.

vCash
    Lee is NOT a dude from a paint store. He had a contract with an indie record label in Chicago, he has released two albums (one of them came out, conveniently, during Hollywood week) which are for sale in major retail outlets such as Borders, and has performed regularly in the Chicago area, including at major venues like the House of Blues.

With all that, he still can't stay on key for more than 45 seconds at a time and has zero performance ability and zero charisma on stage. And the reason everyone knows that AI wants him in the finale with Crystal is the fact that the off-key singing is barely ever mentioned, and when it is, it's immediately followed with "but we love you!" or "but you're great anyway!"
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsit View Post
    And the reason everyone knows that AI wants him in the finale with Crystal is the fact that the off-key singing is barely ever mentioned
    And taking all that into consideration, he's still better than Andrew, Katie, Mike, Casey, Tim, Aaron, and sometimes Siobhan. So IMO he still deserves to be there - all his strongest competition- Didi, Alex, Lilly, Katelyn- got the early boot, and then there was Siobhan who slowly flamed out. :/ Save for a couple blah weeks, Lee has always been pretty good. Being consistently in perfect pitch isn't everything! (although I preferred Alex's voice AND he stayed in pitch, so that was a wacky elim)

vCash
    I think Casey is much better than Lee... he's only really had one bad performance (on Sinatra night) and the judges absolutely destroyed him for it.

I thought Lee was about on par with Aaron actually; both were typically off-key for at least part of every song (Aaron is actually a better singer though), neither has much stage presence, and just about every performance was interchangeable.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    IMO the Casey had 3 strong performances so far- Jealous Guy, Don't, and Hold On/I'm Comin. Mrs. Robinson wasn't bad. The rest were pretty blah, and I'd say Blue Skies was the only wreck, but his top 3 were great.

Lee had Treat Her Like a Lady, You're Still the One (the studio version is awesome), Lips of an Angel, Fireflies, Beast of Burden, The Boxer, and That's Life - those are the ones I thought were good to great. Granted, he had some stinkers in there like Hey Jude and Kiss from a Rose, although even those were liked by many.

Aaron, to me, was a pretty good singer but didn't have a single song/performance that made me excited to hear more. There was something low-watt/grade about everything he did. He didn't hold a candle to Alex or Didi IMO.

Well that's how I see it anyway.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast