View Poll Results: Who Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Multiple Votes Allowed)

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ageless and Ever…Ever…greeeeeen!!!! (I Liked Everybody Tonight)

0 0%
  • Casey James

9 21.95%
  • Crystal Bowersox

33 80.49%
  • Lee DeWyze

8 19.51%
  • Michael Lynche

5 12.20%
  • I’m Holding Out For A Hero… (Didn’t Like Anybody Tonight!)

8 19.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Okay, if Crystal gets bounced on the same night as the Penguins, I'm going to need a hug. And a hot fudge sundae.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Mike goes home.

vCash
    I think it had to be Mike. I thought the save was used correctly, but he's been in the bottom quite a few times since then, so it was his time to go.

vCash
    This was definitely the right decision.

vCash
    I feel bad these two were the final two. But Mike will be fine. He's gonna get a R&B record deal, he can fill the niche in the R&B genre. Since Gerald Levert died, the genre misses a "big teddy bear" croner.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Simon and Mike are having quite a conversation...maybe he'll have a deal sooner than he thinks.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I like Mike MUCH better than Lee, but this is good for Crystal. Now the two white boys will split votes, ensuring Crystal a spot in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by shells View Post
    Simon and Mike are having quite a conversation...maybe he'll have a deal sooner than he thinks.
    Well since Ruben has been one of AI's biggest successes, they'll want to cash in with Ruben 2.0...

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Well since Ruben has been one of AI's biggest successes, they'll want to cash in with Ruben 2.0...

literally biggest or do you mean sales?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I'm not upset with the results. In fact, I've finally given up on Lee. I'm frustrated that with a voice like that (I love it), he can't seem to stay in key on most nights. I don't want an Idol who can have his voice fixed in studio to sound good on radio. I want someone who can sing live too. Are they going to auto-tune him when he does his victory tour of the press? On stage during tour?

I've been upset that they haven't had ear monitors this year, but truthfully some of them (Crystal, Mike) can sing in tune all the time. Mike is too over-the-top and boring, so I'm not upset he's gone. But Lee should be able to stay in tune by now. He was an early favorite of mine, but I've gone cold on him now.

Casey - I'm glad he's still in it. I'd rather a final 2 be him and Crystal, because he has been in tune for most of his work this season. His performances may not have been as standout as many, but who really has this season other than Crystal? Casey's "goat" as people have labeled him doesn't bother me, as Chris Daughtry's doesn't. It's called a vibratto, it means the note is being hit correctly, and while they could perhaps tone it down a little, it's not bad. Many singers have been quite successful with the same quality to their voice (Eddie Vedder, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, etc).

So yes, for me a Casey/Crystal finale with Crystal winning would be good for me. I just can't back Lee anymore. Like I said, I want my Idol winner to actually be able to sing.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    There's vibrato and there's vibrato. Casey needs to learn to reign his in a bit and lengthen those wavelengths. Dolly Parton is the only one who can get away with that.

I'm happy enough with the final 3. I think Casey has more potential than Mike if he can learn to just let go and not be so reserved and controlled. That's been a problem with all of the contestants this season and as a result I have no emotional connection to any of them. Give me back Didi and all the tears!

vCash
    Sad to see Mike go - Should have been Lee or Casey - neither is really that good. Have to say this year has been really uninspiring!

vCash
    I'd prefer a Casey/Chrystal finale too. I like Lee but he hasn't improved either his stage presence or in staying in tune.

vCash
    I'm with Marilou - this season has been the worst since I started watching AI 4 seasons ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    There's vibrato and there's vibrato. Casey needs to learn to reign his in a bit and lengthen those wavelengths. Dolly Parton is the only one who can get away with that.
    That I can agree with.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I feel bad these two were the final two. But Mike will be fine.
    They never said Crystal was in the bottom two, and I'll bet actually got the most votes.

Count me among those who would prefer a Crystal/Casey finale to a Crystal/Lee finale. I think I'd prefer his album to Lee's. Yes, Casey's vibrato sometimes is too much, but I have the sense that it's a problem with nerves and he sings better when the pressure isn't there. I don't expect to hear any barnyard animals on his CD.

But, Crystal's CD definitely is the one I'm most likely to buy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    They never said Crystal was in the bottom two, and I'll bet actually got the most votes.

Count me among those who would prefer a Crystal/Casey finale to a Crystal/Lee finale. I think I'd prefer his album to Lee's. Yes, Casey's vibrato sometimes is too much, but I have the sense that it's a problem with nerves and he sings better when the pressure isn't there. I don't expect to hear any barnyard animals on his CD.

But, Crystal's CD definitely is the one I'm most likely to buy.
    Agree with you and most here. Crystal should win.

I do like the sound of Lee's voice, but he just doesn't seem to be able to stay in key and that's a big problem. And while he tries to do what the judges ask, he's not been as successful.

Casey can also be a bit unpredictable, sometimes he sounds really good and sometimes not. But, as others have said, he does seem to be able to stay more in tune. I also agree that the vibrato can be partly nerves, which he'll get over since he's improved pretty much everything the judges have asked him to work on. Another thing in Casey's favor, which maybe should not count, but I think does: his guitar playing is awesome!

Crystal is the only one who sounded great every time. I don't fault her for having two "less than" weeks, it was not her style at all. And I sincerely believe that had she tried to make those genres her style they would have been disasters. She did what she could with what they gave her. And even her worst was better than anyone else's best.

I also agree that Mike will be fine. I also noticed the "talk" with Simon. Perhaps Mike will be doing well soon .

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Having barely paid attention all season, I played a hunch and bought Crystal and Lee's duet.

Now, that's good music. And her voice is so strong and true. If she doesn't win it's a travesty, really.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Another thing in Casey's favor, which maybe should not count, but I think does: his guitar playing is awesome!
    I think it does count, both because people are going to see his guitar playing if they see him concert and because it affects his choices of material.

I'm guessing the producers did not think that Casey was going to get to the final three. It looks like they've got almost nothing planned for him for his homecoming:

http://mjsbigblog.com/crystal-bowers...htm#more-25308

I hope someone gets Crystal's concert on video. She's doing some originals.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Finally home from the hospital and can post my thoughts about AI on Tues/Wed.

First thought: damn, I was relaxing with a jar of morphine and the solos sounded bad . I can only imagine what they sounded like while lucid.

Of the four, Crystal's was the best done. Good choice for her, and I loved as Caddyshack is part of the soundtrack of my youth.

Casey's Mrs. Robinson was second best to me, but it was rather whiny from what I remember. Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

Mike did absolutely nothing with the Free Willy song, which I never liked to begin with. He himself wasn't awful, but the arrangement was not good, and the descending gospel choir was too Reuben Studdardesque for my liking.

Which brings me to Lee. Ear-splittingly awful. Seal should beat his ass for that performance.

Duets by far were better than the solos. I'm in the minority here, but I *hated* Kris Allen's version of Falling Slowly and thought the duet was much better. Casey and Lee were way off in a few parts but overall it was good, and Casey's guitar playing saved it. Please, though, put that damn song out to pasture, AI.

Results show:

(Still doped on morphine following surgery in the afternoon).

Maybe it was the meds, but damn, I was hoping for a group sing to Lindsey Buckingham's Holiday Road.

Fantasia: Still FANT ASIA, but she's grown up. A lot. Don't like that kind of song, but she was great.

Daughtry: Proof that goat-throat can be (relatively) tamed. There's hope for Casey.

Bon Jovi: Missed them due to vampire nurse taking blood from my arm.

It was Mike's time to go, but I'd have been happy with Lee being booted after the turd he laid on the stage Tuesday night.

vCash
    I want a Casey/Crystal finale too. Lee just can't stay in tune to sing live; frankly I don't see the love for him, as he can be quite boring as being just sounding good on an engineered cd and be passably cute but not smokin hot or fashion forward looking, is not enough to really stand out in today's music/video business, esp., if one does not have a regular tv appearance each and every week to remind people who you are as an artist, and the reality star factor of being famous just cauz you are on TV is no longer working for you. It almost seems that comming in second or even 3rd is the path to the greatest level of overall success...so I am torn as to whether Crystal should win the contest, or be placed 2nd, giving her more time to win the overall record sales war....I see Casey and Crystal as being the most ready to jump in and make a record as they both have a good idea of what they bring to the table. OTH, Lee would have to be really guided and engineered properly to bring out the best in his voice or risk blowing everything if he has to go out and tour but not be able to pull off live what he did on a rushed to press Idol winner CD. His fans should hope he comes 3rd in order to get his own sound and vibe just right, or he could be a flash in the pan, with no staying power. I mean one can be wildly successful runner up --- Hudson, Lambert, Daughtry, Aiken come to mind, or be a nice guy winner like Taylor Hicks but who sold virtually nothing once his 15 min was up...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast