View Poll Results: Who Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Multiple Votes Allowed)

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ageless and Ever…Ever…greeeeeen!!!! (I Liked Everybody Tonight)

0 0%
  • Casey James

9 21.95%
  • Crystal Bowersox

33 80.49%
  • Lee DeWyze

8 19.51%
  • Michael Lynche

5 12.20%
  • I’m Holding Out For A Hero… (Didn’t Like Anybody Tonight!)

8 19.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    It is so wrong that this is only the 41st post in this thread. Last year, I didn't miss a second of the show, now I can leave halfway through and not care. Sigh.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Both duets had it for me. Crystal and Lee were fantastic. Mike and Casey were kinda cheesetastic, but the guitar work made up for the song.

Kinda hoping big beefy boy takes the walk of shame, but it probably should be Casey.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    It is so wrong that this is only the 41st post in this thread. Last year, I didn't miss a second of the show, now I can leave halfway through and not care. Sigh.
    I let my Tivo handle the first 50 minutes, then caught up by the time the show ended. This year, there's way too much Seacrest and not enough interesting talent.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    Thank you for posting this. Let's just say Randy and Kara did not fare well in my review of them.
    The survey was cool. When they asked who I'd like to have be future mentors, I wrote - and I am serious about this - Ozzy Osbourne and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    I didn't like Casey's version of Mrs. Robinson. I can't remember anyone ever singing it other than S&G.
    How about the Lemonheads? Their version is pretty well known.

I liked Casey's version. His voice (and hair) reminded me a bit of Evan Dando's from the Lemonheads, which is not a bad thing.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    I thought Lee was the weakest last night, but I'll be really surprised if he doesn't end up in the finale. IMO, his solo was the worst of the night. And the duet with Crystal clarified in my mind what his weaknesses are. I couldn't help but compare him to Kris. Lee has better tone, but Kris is so much better when it comes to arrangements, phrasing, and stage presence. Adam kind of put his finger on it when he said that Lee's face is vacant. I'm not sure it's just the face, though. It's like the brain and heart are absent when Lee is singing.

I'm pretty sure Casey is going home, but I'm not sure Simon is really helping his own cause to boot him by calling him lazy. It ticks me off. Singing a song with a more chill vibe is not "lazy." Casey clearly puts a lot of work into thinking about and creating his arrangements and learning much more complex guitar parts. I really liked what he did with both songs.

I though Crystal was better this week than the last couple of weeks, but still not as good as she was earlier in the competition. I wish she had picked different songs.

Mike would be my choice to go home tonight, though I did like his duet. He and Casey had a good vibe with each other, and maybe because it was a duet, he didn't seem to be quite as in love with himself as he usually does.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    If next season is anything like this one, I'll be finished with AI. I predict there won't be an active AI thread for a year this time around.

Bring on X Factor.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I can't blame any of the contestants for the crap that went on last night. Did you all see the song choices? I wanted to smack Simon when he made the comment about choosing between "thousands" of songs. Ummm, NO! There were about 30 songs!!!!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I can't blame any of the contestants for the crap that went on last night. Did you all see the song choices? I wanted to smack Simon when he made the comment about choosing between "thousands" of songs. Ummm, NO! There were about 30 songs!!!!
    True, although they can ask for other songs to be cleared. I think that's how Kris ended up doing "Falling Slowly" last season. Adam also asked for songs not on the list. They don't always get the clearance, but they do have more options than just what is on the list and if I had been given that list, I would have looked elsewhere. But, I agree that the judges routinely make it seem like they can choose from tons and tons of songs when they can't. Even with that list, though, I think that Lee could have found a song that better suited his voice.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Fantasia sounded great.

Casey is safe, I'm surprised.
    Last edited by soxxy; 05-13-2010 at 02:19 AM.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I think maturity has really improved Fantasia. I really liked her.
    (eta-really!)

Daughtry!!!11!! Goatboy 1.0
    Bleh.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Lee is safe.

vCash
    So it's down to Big Mike & Crystal to go home. I don't really enjoy Crystal, but it really better not be her that leaves.

vCash
    They'd be pretty pissed if their saved one beat out their chosen one. It's gotta be Mike going home. Seriously.

vCash
    I just realized that Ryan mentioned songs on I-Tunes. I bought a TON of stuff from there last year, but I haven't even thought about looking for anything this year. That's sad.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Jon Bon Jovi is aging incredibly well.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shells View Post
    I just realized that Ryan mentioned songs on I-Tunes. I bought a TON of stuff from there last year, but I haven't even thought about looking for anything this year. That's sad.
    Can you still get Adam and Kris Americal Idol stuff from last year? It's been so long since I went to Itunes I forget how to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Jon Bon Jovi is aging incredibly well.
    I find him much more attractive now; I never got the big deal about him when he was younger.

Wouldn't it be a shocker if Crystal went home?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Can you still get Adam and Kris Americal Idol stuff from last year? It's been so long since I went to Itunes I forget how to do it.
    I'm not sure, I have Itunes on my other computer... There used to be an American Idol page you could download the songs from. But, I'd just search on their names and see what comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy74 View Post
    I find him much more attractive now; I never got the big deal about him when he was younger.

Wouldn't it be a shocker if Crystal went home?
    It's about that time in the competition though, isn't it?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    a surprise eviction might perk everyone up
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast