Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 279
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,138
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    That's true. It's too bad he didn't know of the withdrawls of the other two men before he himself pulled out. Otherwise he could've just taken the ice and qualified. I recall this happening a few years ago (with Tim LeDuc, IIRC). We were all baffled when we saw a segment score of something like 3.96

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    655
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Hmm. Was Tommy Steenberg required to compete at SA to continue the season? Wesley Campbell has been pretty much MIA this season also.
    Wes moved from Nashville to Boston and is training both singles and pairs. Can't wait to see how his programs have developed. His short was gorgeous this summer.

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,025
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nashvilledancer View Post
    Wes moved from Nashville to Boston and is training both singles and pairs.
    Does he have a partner? He was still listed on IPS last time I looked at it.

  4. #84

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,574
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42553
    I've heard that Wesley Campbell does have a partner (also new to pairs, I believe?) but they are not planning to compete this season. Campbell has competed a short program only (Liberty, Cranberry Open) but AFAIK is scheduled to compete in the Senior Men's event at Easterns.

  5. #85

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,574
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42553
    Here's a new Richard Dornbush article (with quotes from the Dresden JGP) -- he has qualified for his third consecutive JGP Final (3rd in 2008, 4th last year) and was 11th in his senior debut at 2010 US Nationals: http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/102410.shtml

  6. #86
    Title-less
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    8,767
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6417
    I know it's rather early for predictions, but what do others think the US men's field is playing out? I'm sure most will agree the title is likely contested between Rippon and Abbott. But other than the two no one has jumped out as a favorite medal contender at nationals--it could be Mroz, Armin, Miner, Messing, Dornbush, or perhaps Carriere (if he improves). It's pretty wide open at this point. I suspect it will be like 2007 nationals, with two men going for the title and one spot wide open.

    My guess is whoever gets the quad down will be the one that gets the nod. Thoughts?

  7. #87

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,729
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6669
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    I know it's rather early for predictions, but what do others think the US men's field is playing out? I'm sure most will agree the title is likely contested between Rippon and Abbott. But other than the two no one has jumped out as a favorite medal contender at nationals--it could be Mroz, Armin, Miner, Messing, Dornbush, or perhaps Carriere (if he improves). It's pretty wide open at this point. I suspect it will be like 2007 nationals, with two men going for the title and one spot wide open.

    My guess is whoever gets the quad down will be the one that gets the nod. Thoughts?
    Please come back, Ryan Bradley?

    I think you are right and it is completely up in the air ( the third spot, that is). I was disappointed that Icenetwork did not put up Southwestern Regionals Senior Men, becasue I am curious about Mroz's programs. His scores were not too good- but then it's very early.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    RYAN BRADLEY - 2011 US NATIONAL CHAMPION
    Posts
    800
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Do not rule out Messing for any color of medal. Messing has been attempting the quad on the JGP circuit. He has it planned for his Nationals FS along with his signature triple axel.

    and I agree, PLEASE come back Ryan Bradley :'(

  9. #89

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eagerly awaiting the Olympics!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    18,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10229
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    Do not rule out Messing for any color of medal. Messing has been attempting the quad on the JGP circuit. He has it planned for his Nationals FS along with his signature triple axel.
    Is his triple axel special in some way?

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    RYAN BRADLEY - 2011 US NATIONAL CHAMPION
    Posts
    800
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Is his triple axel special in some way?
    It's his best jump, he's been having a bit of trouble with it due to a growth spurt... but he's been somewhat better with it this season so far.

  11. #91

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eagerly awaiting the Olympics!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    18,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10229
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    It's his best jump, he's been having a bit of trouble with it due to a growth spurt... but he's been somewhat better with it this season so far.
    I just don't see how something can be a "signature" if it is a move required to be competitive as a senior and not different in any way.

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    RYAN BRADLEY - 2011 US NATIONAL CHAMPION
    Posts
    800
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I just don't see how something can be a "signature" if it is a move required to be competitive as a senior and not different in any way.
    I am sorry I used that word then, just a bad choice of words.

    But also, a lot of senior men don't have a 3a. I am not sure Caluza has his, and Gonzales just mastered his over the summer.

  13. #93

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,000
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1017
    I don't think Caluza and Gonzales will be challenging for the podium at Nationals, anyway, triple Axel or not.

    I agree that gold and silver is between Rippon and Abbott, and bronze will be contested between 6-7 different guys. Here's how they stack up this season:

    Jeremy Abbott, NHK Trophy (218.19)
    Brandon Mroz, SW Regionals (198.56)
    Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Nebelhorn (196.17)
    Richard Dornbush, JGP Germany (195.23)
    Joshua Farris, JGP Sheffield (187.74)
    Keegan Messing, JGP Romania (187.38)
    Ross Miner, NHK Trophy (186.62)
    Alex Johnson, SW Regionals (184.60)

    Grant Hochstein, Finlandia Trophy (183.51)
    Andrew Gonzales, SWP Regionals (182.11)
    Jason Brown, JGP Courchevel (180.57)
    Jason Wong, Nebelhorn, (179.55)
    Sean Rabbitt, SWP Regionals (176.29)
    Jonathan Cassar, Finlandia Trophy (171.95)
    Scott Dyer, SA Regionals (168.24)
    William Brewster, Coupe de Nice (167.67)

    Adam Rippon scored 166+ for his Japan Open free skate, and he competes this week at Skate Canada.

  14. #94

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,574
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42553
    Upcoming international assignments for U.S. Senior men:

    Skate Canada: Rippon, Hochstein
    Cup of China: Mroz, Miner
    Skate America: Rippon, Carriere, Mahbanoozadeh
    Ice Challenge (Sr B in Graz, Austria): Douglas Razzano
    Cup of Russia: Abbott
    TEB: Mroz
    Junior Grand Prix Final: Dornbush, Messing, Farris (plus Max Aaron who is staying Jr. in US)

  15. #95

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Somewhere obsessing about ice dancing
    Posts
    1,086
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Upcoming international assignments for U.S. Senior men:

    Skate Canada: Rippon, Hochstein
    Cup of China: Mroz, Miner
    Skate America: Rippon, Carriere, Mahbanoozadeh
    Ice Challenge (Sr B in Graz, Austria): Douglas Razzano
    Cup of Russia: Abbott
    TEB: Mroz
    Junior Grand Prix Final: Dornbush, Messing, Farris (plus Max Aaron who is staying Jr. in US)
    Only one U.S. man for CoR and TEB?

  16. #96

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,729
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6669
    Icenetwork posted Brandon's SP ( Southwestern regionals). No long yet.
    Last edited by dinakt; 10-26-2010 at 04:00 AM.

  17. #97
    The wiener takes it all
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minor Planet Johnnyweir 12413
    Posts
    11,591
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1728
    Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl View Post
    Only one U.S. man for CoR and TEB?
    Yes.
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=2165

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    RYAN BRADLEY - 2011 US NATIONAL CHAMPION
    Posts
    800
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    I don't think Caluza and Gonzales will be challenging for the podium at Nationals, anyway, triple Axel or not.
    I didn't say they were, I was just pointing it out.

  19. #99

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    The Ryan Bradley thread says Ryan is redoing his Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ex as an LP. Perhaps Ryan (dressed as Willie Wonka) will be at Nationals! (If so, I hope he grabs the 3rd spot.)

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    RYAN BRADLEY - 2011 US NATIONAL CHAMPION
    Posts
    800
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    The Ryan Bradley thread says Ryan is redoing his Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ex as an LP. Perhaps Ryan (dressed as Willie Wonka) will be at Nationals! (If so, I hope he grabs the 3rd spot.)
    I would love this

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •