Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'd imagine Siraj, Davis, Baga, Jiang, and F. Zhang will all be in line before Angela Wang...though its possible Davis and Zhang could forego assignments to focus on pairs or something. Although with Gao, Sam Cesario and maybe Gong and Kawamura along with a novice or two also in the mix....things will be tricky. At least the ladies aren't confined to just a few spots like the men are this year!

vCash
    I really hope Kawamura and Gong don't get an assignment over Wang. Wang's younger, and has all the triples; which Kawamura does not. They all have big problems with under-rotation, but Wang outscored both as junior, while Gong and Kawamura competed as seniors.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I really hope Kawamura and Gong don't get an assignment over Wang. Wang's younger, and has all the triples; which Kawamura does not. They all have big problems with under-rotation, but Wang outscored both as junior, while Gong and Kawamura competed as seniors.
    Agreed. I'd add Davis too, I know she won junior bronze at nationals but she only has 3 triples (loop, toe, sal) and she often doubles them. Her footwork is really good though. I'm just hoping Wang with her UR issues doesn't turn into the next Caroline Zhang....they even look a bit alike, similar builds and arm movements, and costumes. Angela has some speed though.

I'm a little worried about Kiri though. The jumps have never been her strong suit to begin with, and now with the stress fracture I wonder if this will be an off-season for her. I mean you can't really expect someone to get their triple lutzes, flips, and loops down solid and consistent if they have a stress fracture.

vCash
    FYI, I've copied over the recent JGP ladies-related posts in this thread and reposted them in this thread that discusses potential JGP assignments: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...4&postcount=98

Yasmin Siraj debuted her new Senior free skate (tango theme) at the Boston Open yesterday and did a very respectable job, I thought! There's some discussion about it on page 3 of this thread in the Kiss and Cry forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=73513&page=3

vCash
    I think Kiri could be OK. Yeah, it's likely she won't do any summer monitoring events, but I think she can still be ready for the JGP if she "proves her readiness." She'll be jumping again in about a month, and then has about 2 months before the JGP starts. It's going to be tough, but it's possible! Thinking good thoughts for her!!

vCash
    I'm staying positive about Kiri, too! I really like how she attacks her jumps with good speed on entry -- this is especially noticeable when watching her in person re. her 3T and 3F jumps. At Junior Worlds practices back in March, she was landing the occasional 3Lz, and so I think it's just a matter of time, patience, and practice for her, once she is healed up from this injury setback, before she will be able to include this jump in competition.

vCash
    From Kiri's June 15, 2010 journal entry:

It's summer now and everything's changed. I got a new long, La Strada, which I LOVE! and for a while there I couldn't be happier with my training. This was until a couple weeks ago when I started having pain in my left ankle. Yesterday we got the results from my MRI, and I have a stress fracture... I was sad, but at the same time I know I'll be fine in a couple weeks. Thank goodness. I miss the rink already!

vCash
    Baga and La Strada? Yay! She is one of the more elegant and musical girls in the US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Baga and La Strada? Yay! She is one of the more elegant and musical girls in the US.
    It's going to be interesting to see how this little girl pulls off such big music.

vCash
    This is funny. On Mirai's Twitter, she responded to a post by Tinymavy15 over at the GoldenSkate forum.

http://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/16736205367

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how this little girl pulls off such big music.
    She pulled off Danse Macabre and Carmen just fine last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I agree, Marco. Kiri's strongest asset is her ability to interpret music in a way far beyond her 15 years.

vCash
    True. She does have a very commanding presence on the ice for someone so tiny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    This is funny. On Mirai's Twitter, she responded to a post by Tinymavy15 over at the GoldenSkate forum.

http://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/16736205367
    Mirai's so funny.

vCash
    That's great that Mirai loves her SP. I hope, LP she loves as well.

vCash
    Yasmine competed senior at The Boston Open. She's sooo tiny but such a lovely girl and an amazing skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icecat View Post
    Yasmine competed senior at The Boston Open. She's sooo tiny but such a lovely girl and an amazing skater.
    A video link to Yasmin Siraj's Senior FS program debut is posted in the U.S. club competitions thread in the Kiss and Cry forum (still open to all until July 1st): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...1&postcount=52
    (I believe we're only supposed to post links to current/2010-11 season competition videos in the Kiss and Cry forum.)

vCash
    Last edited by geod2; 06-25-2010 at 02:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geod2 View Post
    Sylvia, I looked everywhere but couldn't find anything more recent from you or on another thread.
    Surely, I can't be the first one to have noticed it.
    The earlier posting of GP assignments elsewhere was probably right under my nose and I missed it... If so, I'll just delete this message.
    Sorry.
    I posted all the U.S. Grand Prix assignments on page 5 of this thread : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=72852&page=5
    (There's also a humongous Grand Prix 2010-2011 thread in GSD. )

I've been using this thread more for news/competition updates about the lesser-known Senior Ladies. ETA: Such as:
    Agnes Zawadzki easily won the Senior Ladies SP Only event at the Broadmoor Open tonight (her unofficial score was 58.98). She skated to upbeat Latin ("Gopher Mambo") and her jumps were 3T+3T (pushed her free leg back on the 2nd), 3Lz high and flowy!, Ina Bauer to 2A.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-25-2010 at 04:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I posted all the U.S. Grand Prix assignments on page 5 of this thread : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=72852&page=5
    (There's also a humongous Grand Prix 2010-2011 thread in GSD. )

I've been using this thread more for news/competition updates about the lesser-known Senior Ladies.
    Thanx!
    I shouldn't try to catch up on reading this forum when I'm so tired from traveling.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast