Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Her lutz is absolutely glorious.

Speaking of height, isn't Nicole Bobek also 5'5 (and now Mirai Nagasu must be 5'4?)?
    An article before the Olympics said Mirai was 5'3.5" which I think is about right because she didn't look much bigger than Rachael, Ashley, and Sasha who are all about 5'2" in the podium pictures from nationals. Further, those couple inches can make a difference. Lots of successful ladies singles skaters are 5'4" (Yuna, Mao, Miki, Alissa, Caroline, Sarah Meier, Laura, half the ladies at US nationals, a lot og the juniors, etc), but only a handful are 5'6" or 5'7", virtually none are taller than that. It may be a coincidence that Carolina, Cynthia, Alexe, and Kiira all struggle with their jump consistency, but it may also have something to do with the fact that they are all 5'6" or 5'7".

vCash
    Oh and I wonder if Agnes is working on fixing the lip yet. I know Tom helped Rachael successfully fix her flutz so maybe he can do the same for Agnes's lip?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think it's much more important for her to work on her speed. Did the article mention that anywhere?
    Most skaters coached by Tom Zakrajsek are either adequate or slow. I don't know how much that will be addressed. I hope it will!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Oh and I wonder if Agnes is working on fixing the lip yet. I know Tom helped Rachael successfully fix her flutz so maybe he can do the same for Agnes's lip?
    Tom said he would work on that in the off season in an interview after Junior Worlds.

I think the other thing Agnes has to fix is her right arm/shoulder. It needs to be pulled back further to ensure she has enough torque for the rotation and to ensure she doesn't overrotate the takeoff.

vCash
    A few updates...

Kiri Baga - registered for Senior at a Minnesota club comp. in late June
    Unfortunately, Kiri tweeted this week that her injury (unspecified stress fracture) will keep her off the ice for 2 more weeks, plus 2 additional weeks of no jumping after that. So it appears her competition debut will delayed for a while.

Reposting the following about Amanda Dobbs from the Programs thread in GSD:
    Quote Originally Posted by fogerty View Post
    Amanda debuted her short program a couple of weeks ago at the Central Valley Open [June 4-5] and landed the 3 Flip in the program.
    Registered for the Senior Ladies event at L.A. Open in mid-July: Kristiene Gong (her debut with Frank Carroll), Karen Zhou (Angela Nikodinov is listed as a coach) and Lindsay Davis.

Vanessa Lam currently has the highest Senior Ladies club comp. score of the young season (146.77 at the All Year FSC comp. in early June).

A friendly public service reminder that the Kiss and Cry forum where summer competition news, events & results are discussed will require a Season Pass or paid subscription starting on July 1st -- see this thread in the Board Business forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73939

vCash
    Somebody asked about Angela Maxwell's plans in the Programs thread in GSD and I'm cross-posting my reply here.

There hasn't been any official-type announcement that I know of, but it doesn't look like Angela Maxwell will be competing this season, unfortunately. I just noticed that Maxwell's name (link) has been removed from the Team C envelope on USFS' Athletes/Team USA page.

ETA question posted in the Programs thread in GSD:
    Also, is DeeDee Leng still skating? I know she was injured last season but I haven't heard anything about her recently.
    I only have second-hand hearsay info that DeeDee may not be skating these days -- I don't know if that means she has quit for the time being due to injury or other reasons.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-19-2010 at 07:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    There hasn't been any official-type announcement that I know of, but it doesn't look like she will be competing this season, unfortunately. I just noticed that Maxwell's name (link) has been removed from the Team C envelope on USFS' Athletes/Team USA page.
    Noooooooooooooo.

Angela is such an expressive, ballsy, original skater. Much more exciting than your average lady.

She will be missed.

vCash
    Ditto on Ziggy. I should know by now that fantastic skaters named Angela with amazing potential are only going to break my heart. She had some good accomplishments, but she really could have done some incredible things...I'm glad I was able to enjoy her for as long as she competed anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    There hasn't been any official-type announcement that I know of, but it doesn't look like Angela Maxwell will be competing this season, unfortunately.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    So sad. I loved Angela's skating. She was one of a kind and so much fun to watch.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    ^^ Agreed! It's funny, I'm also a big fan of Angela Wang, who despite her 7th place finish in juniors at nationals, I'm really hoping gets JGP assignments this season (I felt she was a little wuzrobbed at nationals, she's better than Davis and as good if not better than Baga and Jiang, all of whom beat her). I guess there just must be something about skaters named Angela

vCash
    ^^ Agreed! It's funny, I'm also a big fan of Angela Wang, who despite her 7th place finish in juniors at nationals, I'm really hoping gets JGP assignments this season (I felt she was a little wuzrobbed at nationals, she's better than Davis and as good if not better than Baga and Jiang, all of whom beat her). I guess there just must be something about skaters named Angela
    Four of Wang's 6 triple jumps were URed in her Nationals FS, as well as one of her 2A's, so I'm not sure she "wuzrobbed." She's a great all-around skater, but if she had a weakness/area to work on, it would definitely be the height of her jumps. Hopefully we'll see an improvement in that aspect of her skating this season because I think she deserves to be on the JGP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Noooooooooooooo.

Angela is such an expressive, ballsy, original skater. Much more exciting than your average lady.

She will be missed.
    Angela is recovering from an ankle injury and is currently in Texas. We are all hoping she will get back on to the ice soon.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    Angela is recovering from an ankle injury and is currently in Texas. We are all hoping she will get back on to the ice soon.
    Thank you very much for the news! Hopefully she's going to return to competition.

vCash
    If Angela was removed from the USA envelopes AND the international selection pool, does that mean that she has essentially scratched on the whole season, or just the fall season? Skaters have had injuries in the summer before, but they didn't get removed from the envelopes. One would pretty much need to tell USFS "I'm out, don't count on me anymore" to get taken out of the envelopes, right? So although crzesk8dad's news sounds hopeful (and thank you very much for it!)...I just don't know what to make of it.

vCash
    Does Angela have a bye to Nationals?

vCash
    Yes, I agree, that is strange. Also, she is in Texas? Has she moved back to the Midwestern Section now? I actually hope she does, because the Senior Ladies field at Easterns is already shaping up to be a very difficult event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Skaters have had injuries in the summer before, but they didn't get removed from the envelopes. One would pretty much need to tell USFS "I'm out, don't count on me anymore" to get taken out of the envelopes, right?
    Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Does Angela have a bye to Nationals?
    No.

vCash
    Well, it doesn't matter what section she's in if she's not competing this season. :p But who knows. But yes, Easterns is tough this season, potentially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Four of Wang's 6 triple jumps were URed in her Nationals FS, as well as one of her 2A's, so I'm not sure she "wuzrobbed." She's a great all-around skater, but if she had a weakness/area to work on, it would definitely be the height of her jumps. Hopefully we'll see an improvement in that aspect of her skating this season because I think she deserves to be on the JGP.
    Still. She's much better usually than a lot of the girls who placed ahead of her at nationals, so I'm just hoping the 7th place won't hurt her chances of getting JGP assignments. Plus 3lo is her best jump!

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast