Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

2010-2011 US Senior Ladies

Top 5- byes to Nationals
    Flatt, Nagasu, Cohen, Wagner, Gao

Next 5- likely GP spots and possible byes to Nationals
    Amanda Dobbs, Alexe Gilles, Emily Hughes?, Alissa Czisny, Caroline Zhang

EAST
    Melissa Bulanhagui, Samantha Cesario, Blake Rosenthal, Rebecca Stern, Angela Maxwell (or Mids?), Kristine Musademba, Taylor Firth, Yasmin Siraj*, Kendall Wyckoff*

MIDS
    Becky Bereswill, Agnes Zawadzki*, Kiri Baga*, Marissa Secundy*, Molly Oberstar

PAC
    Laney Diggs, Kristiene Gong, Ellie Kawamura, Karen Zhou, Lindsay Davis*, Angela Wang*, Vanessa Lam*

----------------

* indicate the 2010 Juniors- not all the juniors will move up, but I suspect several of them will. Several of these will be on JGP and may get byes if they make JGPF.

Anyone I am missing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Top 5- byes to Nationals
    Flatt, Nagasu, Cohen, Wagner, Gao

Next 5- likely GP spots and possible byes to Nationals
    Amanda Dobbs, Alexe Gilles, Emily Hughes?, Alissa Czisny, Caroline Zhang

EAST
    Melissa Bulanhagui, Samantha Cesario, Blake Rosenthal, Rebecca Stern, Angela Maxwell (or Mids?), Kristine Musademba, Taylor Firth, Yasmin Siraj*, Kendall Wyckoff*

MIDS
    Becky Bereswill, Agnes Zawadzki*, Kiri Baga*, Marissa Secundy*, Molly Oberstar

PAC
    Laney Diggs, Kristiene Gong, Ellie Kawamura, Karen Zhou, Lindsay Davis*, Angela Wang*, Vanessa Lam*

----------------

* indicate the 2010 Juniors- not all the juniors will move up, but I suspect several of them will. Several of these will be on JGP and may get byes if they make JGPF.

Anyone I am missing?
    Kimmie, if she comes back may get SA and have to compete at sectionals to qualify for nationals considering Emily had to do regionals this year. Kimmie would compete at Easterns if she does in fact come back and doesn't get two GP events. Also, Cesario may compete on JGP and if she does well she may get a bye to nationals.

vCash
    Mids -- I believe Kiri Baga is staying junior another season, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, Molly Oberstar is no longer skating competitively, IIRC.

vCash
    It's nice to know Sasha is staying another season!

I hope Kimmie comes back. She's had so many injuries and I feel she really deserves to compete again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    It's nice to know Sasha is staying another season!
    We don't know this for sure yet.

Yasmin Siraj already has tested up to Senior in the US. I believe Blake Rosenthal is retiring (heard she will enter Harvard this fall).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Mids -- I believe Kiri Baga is staying junior another season, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, Molly Oberstar is no longer skating competitively, IIRC.
    My guess is Kiri will do another season on the JGP but compete as a senior at nationals. She might as well, that way she will have already made her debut for 2011 nationals when her goal will likely be to make the world team. Maybe she wants to win the junior title though? In which case she'd compete junior at nationals again, but I don't really see that happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I hope Kimmie comes back. She's had so many injuries and I feel she really deserves to compete again.
    ITA. I'd love to see her compete at nationals again. I read this recently on Icenetwork...

Kimmie Meissner, the 2006 World champion and 2007 U.S. champion, has left her most recent training site in Coral Springs, Fla., for Fairfax, Va., where she will be coached by Chris Conte. Conte has worked as a technical consultant for U.S. Olympians Timothy Goebel, Sasha Cohen and Emily Hughes.
    Sounds like she's definitely planning on a comeback.

vCash
    I wonder if Melissa B is bringing back the 3A now that there's more incentive to do so even if it's underrotated?

vCash
    I bet Sasha's not coming back when she didn't even show up to most of her events last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I bet Sasha's not coming back when she didn't even show up to most of her events last season.
    It will be interesting to see if she gets Grand Prix assignments ...........
    .... and then how much we argue about whether she deserves them.

vCash
    Joelle Forte has registered for SP and FS at Liberty in July (coach is Elaine Zayak). My guess is she wouldn't enter summer comps unless she was planning to compete for the entire season.....question is, for what country?

vCash
    Probably Joelle is coming back to skate for US- I'm sure she learned her lesson about AZE and to go for another country would be really nuts. If she and Kimmie are back at Easterns, I hope that some of Melissa Bulanhagui, Samantha Cesario, Angela Maxwell, and Kristine Musademba get some conflicting assignments to thin out the field at Easterns a bit.

vCash
    Probably Joelle is coming back to skate for US- I'm sure she learned her lesson about AZE and to go for another country would be really nuts.
    That's really sad, she just wanted a chance to be able to compete internationally, submitted all the papers she was supposed to and they just ignored her it seems.

vCash
    If she and Kimmie are back at Easterns, I hope that some of Melissa Bulanhagui, Samantha Cesario, Angela Maxwell, and Kristine Musademba get some conflicting assignments to thin out the field at Easterns a bit.
    I thought Angela Maxwell was Mids, guess not?

Oh, something else I noticed from the Liberty entries - Zawadzki and Secundy are both signed up for Senior, so I assume both are moving up. Ashley Wagner is signed up for the SP.

No sign of Yasmin Siraj, yet. Or Kimmie.

Senior Ladies at Liberty may actually be interesting this year.

vCash
    Maxwell represents the SC of New York now, so she would be skating at Easterns.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Aside from a couple that may or may not develop into something special I think that the ladies are medicore at best. I will give exception to Mirai who I believe has yet to really hit her stride.
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Probably Joelle is coming back to skate for US- I'm sure she learned her lesson about AZE and to go for another country would be really nuts. If she and Kimmie are back at Easterns, I hope that some of Melissa Bulanhagui, Samantha Cesario, Angela Maxwell, and Kristine Musademba get some conflicting assignments to thin out the field at Easterns a bit.
    I tend to think Cesario will get JGP assignments and Maxwell and Musademba could get a Senior B and maybe a GP too so idk if that would give them a bye out of sectionals but it might.

vCash
    Sasha would Def be a huge threat to be US National Champ if she is injury free

vCash
    What about Taylor Firth? I know she's listed on IceParterSearch but has she said for sure whether she's officially done with singles? She'd be Easterns, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by longingfornia View Post
    Sasha would Def be a huge threat to be US National Champ if she is injury free
    From what I know of the rules, I don't think Sasha can get Grand Prix assignments.........
    Of course, she couldn't get any last year either.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast