Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sorry I meant her work will be too much to take for Asada.
    Care to explain? Mao is a beautifully expressive skater.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Great choice! Asada is such a joyful and light skater, these are qualities that Nichols seems to excel in bringing out of her students. I think Mao's programs will be much better next year, she will be skating with more confidence and I would not be surprised to see her become 3 time World Champ.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I think it's a good choice. I love her Nocturne program, it's probably one of my favorite short programs ever. Claire de Lune, Fantaisie Impromptu and So Deep is the Night were lovely too. Didn't like Czardas though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!
    But between TAT and Nichol, I'll take the latter any time, any day.

Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    I personally don't think she has the artistic maturity and flair of Lambiel to pull off Salome Brunner programs.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post

I personally don't think she has the artistic maturity and flair of Lambiel to pull off Salome Brunner programs.
    True that. ^^
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    It was reported at Ballerina on Ice that Mao's exhibition will be coreographed by Lori and Tatiana.

vCash
    That choice seems very Blah to me, but the programs are guaranteed to be COP- savvy.
    Still, with Dickson, Brunner, Bourne, Camerlengo, Miyamoto, Yuka Sato, sometimes Wilson, Platov, Browning and more thinking out of the box, Nichol seems a safe, but uninspired choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    That choice seems very Blah to me, but the programs are guaranteed to be COP- savvy.
    Still, with Dickson, Brunner, Bourne, Camerlengo, Miyamoto, Yuka Sato, sometimes Wilson, Platov, Browning and more thinking out of the box, Nichol seems a safe, but uninspired choice.
    ITA. I think it's a safe choice, I guess. Lori's programs for Mao were okay, but to me they were not special. This could have been a great opportunity for her to try someone else, so I'm dissapointed a little.

So, her SP will be choreopraphed by TAT, LP by Lori, and EX by Lori and TAT...hmmmmm I really wanted to see a different side of Mao next year... oh well...

vCash
    Although I don't always like Nichol's programs, I think that she is a MUCH better fit for Mao than TT. Too bad she isn't doing the SP as well....

vCash
    At first I was wondering if Mao left TAT. To me that would have been a good thing.
    I felt her programs were very dark this year - music was too strong, and I didn't think they fit her too well. TAT usually has her own ideas about her skaters. I was disappointed how she seemed distant to Mao all season. I'd love to see Mao move on to another coach closer to home.

vCash
    This is an article in “Nihon Keizai Shimbun” in Japan.
    Translation into English. 
    Asada requested the choreography to Nichol.
    May 10th, 2010 JST

As for the next season when she aims at the championship for two seasons running in the Worlds (at Tokyo in next March), Mao Asada (Chukyo University) revealed that she requested the choreography for the free skating to Lori Nichol, in May 10th.
    As for the choreography for the short program, Tatiana Tarasova who canceled a exclusive contract as for the coach with this season takes care of it also in next season.

As for making the program with Nichol after interval for two seasons, Asada said, "I look forward to it with feeling a longing for those days and would like to skate to the music which is composed mainly by the slow tempo because I had skated to the powerful music for the last two seasons". She is going to go to Russia and Canada in June to choreograph.

The judging system is revised so as to evaluate the challenge to the high difficulty jump from next season, but she said, “My consciousness doesn't change, because I only do firmly what I can do”. (Kyodo Com)

The article:
    Asada requested the choreography to Nichol.
    http://www.nikkei.com/news/category/...2E2E2E2;at=ALL

Reference:
    The programs choreographed by Nichol (quote from wikipedia)

2008-2009 FS
    Claire de Lune
    by Claude Debussy

2008-2009 EX
    Sing, Sing, Sing
    by Louis Prima

2007-2008 SP
    Fantaisie-Impromptu
    by Fréderic Chopin

2007-2008 EX
    So Deep Is The Night
    Étude Op. 10, No. 3
    by Frederic Chopin
    vocals by Lesley Garrett

2006-2007 FS
    Nocturne No.2 Op. 9-2
    in E flat major
    by Frederic Chopin

2006-2007 SP
    Csárdás
    by Vittorio Monti

2005-2006 SP
    The Nutcracker
    by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

2005-2006 EX
    Over the Rainbow
    by Harold Arlen
    vocal by Eva Cassidy
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 05-11-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I'm glad to hear about this change and I think it will suit Mao well this year. She needs something a little less tense for an LP this year.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I'm not really a fan of Nichol, but I've enjoyed the programs she's done for Mao, so I'm happy to see this news.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Perfect fit for Mao... Although the rest of the programs she has choreographed for other skaters (ie Caroline and Mirai's Carmen early this season) have been boring and empty, the programs she did for Mao fit her skating style perfectly.

vCash
    I'm guessing that Brunner turns a lot of skaters down. I don't think she likes to be McChoreographer like SOME PEOPLE, lol.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I am so glad to hear that!
    I love her 'Clair de Lune' and 'So Deep Is The Night'. Lori is a good fit for Mao, IMO.

vCash
    Even though Lori's choreography has been kinda boring recently, she's a big improvement over Tarasova and I think fits Mao a lot more. I'm disappointed that she's keep TAT for the SP, but I did like the Ladies in Lavender program she did for Mao. As I've said before, as long as TAT doesn't make Bells of Moscow into the SP, than it should be OK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    I really wanted to see a different side of Mao next year... oh well...
    Isn't that what she did last season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    You are right. Look at her ex programs such as Tango and Caprices. She is beautifully expressive with such passion, power, joy, and happiness with a slight touch of coquetry and sophistication. She may not be matured enough to perform the Bells of Moscow yet, but I think she is a pretty versatile skater now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Isn't that what she did last season?

Exactly.

I love this SP-TT, LP-LN idea much better than SP-LN, LP-TT or all LN or all TT.
    I can't wait to see Mao's new programs as always
    I guess we'll get to see Mao's new EX number in couple of months. I'm expecting fourth masterpiece. (So Deep..-Por Una Cabeza-Caprice- ? )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast