Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    Lori did Swan lake with Kostner in 2008, but Carolina dumped the program after a couple of outings. But I would really really LOVE for Mao to do Swan Lake. No one would do it justice like her. This could be her masterpiece.
    Sounds good to me , maybe the Black Swan perhaps? That way Mao can be elegant and graceful but still get to incorporate a little bit of her feisty Russian side

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    Wasn't Kostner's program that year some combo of Tchaikovsky's Piano concerto+Swan Lake?
    No, it was all Swan Lake. I really liked the program too...

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    MR-FAN, I really liked Verner's "Zorba" so I guess that's one.
    Great taste

vCash
    I don't necessarily think it's a match made in heaven, but I think it's a step in the right direction. Mao has some beautiful qualities in her skating that I just don't think were put on display last season -- no fault of Mao's, just the choreography did not seem to showcase her best qualities.

O-

vCash
    Asada and Liebestraum would be heaven!

vCash
    Lori did Swan lake with Kostner in 2008, but Carolina dumped the program after a couple of outings.
    It's no one's fault but her own (or her coach's) that she started to lose her jumps and blamed it on the program.

I actually thought the program was great for her. But then she went back to the black swan program which I also like so that's okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's no one's fault but her own (or her coach's) that she started to lose her jumps and blamed it on the program.

I actually thought the program was great for her. But then she went back to the black swan program which I also like so that's okay.
    Not black swan - the first part of the music in Kwan's 2001 LP was the Song of the Black Swan by Villa-Lobos, but the music in the second part (and in Kostner's LP) is actually Dvorak's Dumky Trio, no relation to swans whatsoever

I think this is a good move for Mao. At least for the time being, it's probably a good idea to go back to the tried and true, and Lori's programs for Mao have been solid if not fantastic (even Czardas holds up pretty well compared to her stuff from the last two years!)

vCash
    Mao's 2009 Clair de Lune SP was my favorite Mao program to date. If Lori did that, she's got my vote!

vCash
    Swan Lake + Mao... I really like the idea of that. She moves like a swan, even though its over-used, I agree with whoever said that if done right, it could be a signature program for her.

I think that even though the programs TT gave Mao were too big for her for the most part, they still really helped Mao grow and expand her expression. I think once she starts doing programs that are suited to her skating style again, you'll see all of the improvements TT made with Mao come through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Swan Lake + Mao... I really like the idea of that. She moves like a swan, even though its over-used, I agree with whoever said that if done right, it could be a signature program for her.
    I think Asada and Swan Lake could work. But I would hate to see her use the most common cuts. The cuts used by Murakami this past season was less used, refreshing and would likely help Asada project to the audience more. Emoting is so much more than just flailing your arms.

Either that or do Black Swan ala Weir and Baiul. That could be a classic but likely can be boring as a lp.

I think that even though the programs TT gave Mao were too big for her for the most part, they still really helped Mao grow and expand her expression. I think once she starts doing programs that are suited to her skating style again, you'll see all of the improvements TT made with Mao come through.
    Perhaps, but if that was the intention all along I think it was silly to risk both technically and artistically in an Olympic year.

vCash
    I also think Mao's working with Lori is a right direction, but honestly, I can hardly expect something fresh from Lori. Hope I would watch a new side of Mao next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post

I think TAT has done a lot for Mao to help her improve her posture, line and footwork. As much as I admit it was not a very smart idea to choose such a challenging program for the Olympics, I still admire Mao for the challenge, and think all the hard work and efforts Mao put into that dark, powerful and heavy program will pay off some day and help her in the future.
    Her performance at the worlds was not bad, she was quite expressive and emotional. I think Mao is a pretty versatile skater now.

vCash
    What were so challenging about Masquerade Waltz and Bell? There wasn't that much going on in the program besides the straight line step sequence...

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    What were so challenging about Masquerade Waltz and Bell? There wasn't that much going on in the program besides the straight line step sequence...
    Masquerade had a lot of transitions and moves in the field between the elements, and the program emphasized power and speed throughout. Bells had face slaps.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Masquerade had a lot of transitions and moves in the field between the elements, and the program emphasized power and speed throughout. Bells had face slaps.
    I was just about to mention that too! Her Masquerade SP at the Olympics (not the LP version from last year) was actually quite well choreographed and difficult. Bells was just empty...

Of course Mao is prob the only lady that can skate to Swan Lake the best, but personally I want to see her skate to something not overused. Sasha's original version done by Tarasova was brilliant, and that's how I'd like to remember Swan lake for the final time. With Liebestraum there are many moments where something interesting can be done with the choreography...plus I think it can push Mao to show how fluid her skating used to be. It doesn't have to be princessy, but with her ballet mastery it can actually come across looking professional. Of course Lori may consider R&J but I think she has reserved it for Kimmie

vCash
    My own two cents--I would really like for Mao to skate to a string version of Adagio for either her short or long program (most likely the short). Albeit, somewhat overused, I am in love with that music and I think that Mao will do it great justice!

vCash

Thumbs up

I completely agree.
    Masquerade also had a constant beat that required one to keep up and keep a dance-like feeling.
    Bells...
    yup, face slaps.

vCash
    Is Brunner a Diva?!?

Details
    Eh NO! She is not...at all.

vCash
    I am SO happy to hear that Lori will be choreographing Mao's LP! I might be one of the few here, but I loved Mao's Czardas, for me that program was a lot of fun!!

I can't wait to see what they come up with for the upcoming season!

vCash
    I would really like Mao Asada to skate to
    Tomaso Albinoni - Concerto a cinque in D-minor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtoFfQ3JMD0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234