Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I don't get much variety with Erin, really--I get "scared stiff" and sour-looking. She really doesn't look happy, even when she is. And Chad TRIES to come across as...whatever, but in the long shots when he's not paying attention to the cameras he looks surly. Evan looks nervous waiting for results, but overall seems happy to be there and upbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I don't get much variety with Erin, really--I get "scared stiff" and sour-looking. She really doesn't look happy, even when she is.
    I can see how you might view her that way -- during the live shows. I think that in the rehearsal footage, she exhibits a much wider range of expression. But maybe that's because I've seen her a lot before DWTS.
    And Chad TRIES to come across as...whatever, but in the long shots when he's not paying attention to the cameras he looks surly.
    Not sure what Chad is trying to convey ... but then I'm not a 25-year-old male.
    Evan looks nervous waiting for results, but overall seems happy to be there and upbeat.
    Evan does seem generally positive -- mostly in a very low-key, subdued way, although bits and pieces of his humorous side do emerge at times. Ditto for Erin. Neither of them seem to be as naturally out-going and warm as Pam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Don't start throwing things at me anyone but Nicole in her 50s Paso reminded me of Dorothy Dandridge from the movie "Carmen Jones".

http://www.daddypapersurfer.com/wp-c...idge_cdm_1.jpg
    Re Nicole's 50's Paso.

Nicole’s hair style reminded me of “Vargas Girls” in the late 40’s.

Their dance reminded me of a) West Side Story/I want to be in America/Rita Moreno, and b) Grease/Dirty Prom Dance/with J. Travolta and “Bad Girl”.

Re Niece....
    Niecy is annoying. She can PR until cows come home her “jiggle parts”, but she is not pleasant to look at. Just because one is allowed by law to say “fat is beautiful”, does not mean it is beautiful.

I think the only reason Niecy is being “voted to stay” is because of several PR tendencies in America today. She can’t dance, and her “jiggly parts” look nasty.

Evan dances and moves on the floor a little more gracefully than on the ice. I don't see why some girls find him "hot"...... Judging by how he talks and what he talks about, the guy has never read a decent piece of literature, nor visited a museum, nor attended a theatre...... He never heard of "Carmen" until 22!!!??? and he is very "suburban", and he dances like he has good potential but not the true understanding of the essence and origins of the dances he performs...... I don't see what's so "hot" about him.....

The only two participants that I like are from separate teams: Nicole and Maks.

gold dust woman
    vCash

Beach Bum
    vCash
    My mother commented on Evan's monotone voice - she said he sounds bored all the time. I actually have a monotone voice and it is hard to change without sounding artificial, but after years of public speaking, I find ways to project different tones/emotions. It isn't all that easy though.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    Evan dances and moves on the floor a little more gracefully than on the ice. I don't see why some girls find him "hot"...... Judging by how he talks and what he talks about, the guy has never read a decent piece of literature, nor visited a museum, nor attended a theatre...... He never heard of "Carmen" until 22!!!??? and he is very "suburban", and he dances like he has good potential but not the true understanding of the essence and origins of the dances he performs...... I don't see what's so "hot" about him.....
    Well, obviously Tanith saw something in him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Well, obviously Tanith saw something in him!
    yeah...... until she found Charlie White, who plays a violin, skates, plays hockey, who is a student at University of Michigan and shows some education and knowledge, or at least the look on his face is "intelligent" and not a of "zorba the fisherman".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    I think the only reason Niecy is being “voted to stay” is because of several PR tendencies in America today. She can’t dance, and her “jiggly parts” look nasty.
    You do realize that she was voted out, right?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    You do realize that she was voted out, right?
    But only last night.... She should have been voted out 4th or 5th week.... after her 10th "jiggle parts and big girls are beautiful" comment.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Nicole, Derek, Evan and Anna are on the cover of next week's tv guide.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash

My sil who is sweet but is intolerant of certain groups of people, asked me tonight if Evan was the same as every other male ice skater, you know gay. I chose not to give a straight, no pun intended, answer. Just said he has dated other figure skaters. I was very vague indeed.

Not my business, nor anyone else's business unless Evan is your SO. And definitely ticked me off with the implications.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post

My sil who is sweet but is intolerant of certain groups of people, asked me tonight if Evan was the same as every other male ice skater, you know gay. I chose not to give a straight, no pun intended, answer. Just said he has dated other figure skaters. I was very vague indeed.

Not my business, nor anyone else's business unless Evan is your SO. And definitely ticked me off with the implications.
    Irony was all the skating people who'd ask me about my ballroom pros "So..are they...you know........" And I'd be like "Just say 'gay', and no, they're not."

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    This issue is something that drives me crazy too. I have several good friends (who are my age or a wee bit older, thus more senior than most FSU'ers) who just assume that any male who is a figure skater or any kind of dancer is automatically gay. These are folks who are indeed tolerant to gay people and have gay friends and support gay causes. They just assume anyone in these fields is gay. If I talk about any straight skater or dancer dating someone, they'll go "yeah...right!" Of course these people don't have a background in the arts or skating. And they aren't being judgemental about the gay lifestyle. They just assume.....

vCash
    Not saying these people aren't homophobes (because well...) but some people want to know if someone's gay before the decide to crush or not. I can understand in real life why that could be important but on tv and sports crush away. They aren't someone you're likely to meet anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Not saying these people aren't homophobes (because well...) but some people want to know if someone's gay before the decide to crush or not. I can understand in real life why that could be important but on tv and sports crush away. They aren't someone you're likely to meet anyway.
    It never even mattered to me whether the objects of my crushes were dead or alive (back in early teen years, I was fixated on some movie actors who were older than my parents' parents ... those who were still among the living, that is. Quite a few had passed on).

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    It never even mattered to me whether the objects of my crushes were dead or alive
    I hear you. I've been smitten since I was 11 with a guy who was born in 1754.

vCash
    I can understand in real life why that could be important but on tv and sports crush away. They aren't someone you're likely to meet anyway.
    Seriously. Whether my celebrity crushes are gay or straight, one thing is pretty certain: I ain't got a chance with them either way.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I hear you. I've been smitten since I was 11 with a guy who was born in 1754.
    Right there with ya. Well, probably not the same person but same idea. One way or another, it will NEVER happen, so who cares what their crush is?

It just always struck me as that people I knew from SKATING were so...mealy-mouthed about it! You're in a SKATING CLUB. You cannot turn around without tripping over a gay man. We had a married couple who coached--they're both men! Just say "gay" if that's what you want to know!

vCash

Nah -- I still think Rock Hudson is cute. Even after I learned he was playing for the other team. Still enjoy thinking about MacMillan & Wife, and that fabulous house in San Francisco.

I admit to having some curiosity -- as well as tremendous admiration for skaters like Rudy who came out while he was was still competing -- but mostly I don't particularly care, and it doesn't seem to affect whether or not I like the skater.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    Actually I think what she does as a pussycat doll is primarily burlesque with hip hop flavor and more rooted in jazz and contemporary dancing. But I'm not a dancer and that's just my impression.
    I don't know either, but I'm all for one season of "Dancing with the Stars Who Dance." Get every potential ringer out there. A Broadway show dancer, the winner of SYTYCD, whatever Nicole is supposed to be, Tanith and Ben with different partners (Tanith with Max ; Ben with Edyta),etc., etc. There's no shortage. It would probably get the highest ratings.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast