Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    I value pitching in very highly but for the most prestigious jobs, I don’t see that it is about pitching in at all. It is about “will you be good at the job”?

And sometimes that is based just on someone’s perception of your skill level , leadership skills, or some other not so defined factor. For that book anyway, it wasn’t so much about getting a good performance review but how to get to top positions. There are administrative assistants who are GREAT at pitching in and being helpful. But it they aren’t perceived as having the right qualities (leadership, etc.) They are not going to get key promotions to truly move ahead.
    Figure skating is hard.

vCash
    Joining all the others here who are keeping you in their thoughts.
    I hope that everything went as well as it possibly could, whatever the decision.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    No. Worse. I'll just tell you. He caught me in his email. I never go into his email, just his calendar. But I really didn't realize what I was doing and didn't realize I was in his box ... I was thinking I was in my own, I clicked on a message that had chart only in it that he had just sent moments before. He was walking right by my desk at the time and saw it. I did quickly close it, but looking back, it was like I closed it quick because someone was walking by. Well, it was part "oh no" and part "someone is walking by" and he saw it on my freaking 21 inch monitor.

He waited about 20 minutes (I guess running to HR deciding what to do), came over and tersley said "can we talk", took me in the huddle room and told me "I just saw a doucment on your screen that I only sent to HR" (of course it had to be HR .. but it was just some stupid chart about nothing; not personnel issues or anything). He waited for an explaination, I panicked, I denied it, he said "are you telling me I didn't see that on your screen?", I still panicked, I said something like "I don't even remember what I was doing the last 20 mintues .. .I was talking travel, I answered some messages, I was working on org chart", I kept denying it. Then finally I was like "if I clicked on something I shouldn't have I apologize for that". He repeated several times "are you telling me I didn't see it on your screen", and something about "I have shared a lot of information with you that normally I wouldn't have. I feel like I have kept you in the loop (referring to reorginzation ..which he did)." I could tell me he was very angry and disppointed. Oh GAWD the look on his face looking at me! I never really said "yes I was in your email. it was a mistake", which is what I should have said. I continued to lie (I panicked!!) and then finally did say the lame fake apology.

I'm really scared. He is an ex-military, by the book man. I am really scared I am going to go back to work on TH and he is going to fire me! Can you get fired for that? When I started working for him, its just habit that I give myself access to everything on the delegate box, but when he said he didn't want me managing his email, I just never went into it, but I still had the access. This goes for two other managers as well. I have the acces, just don't manage it. One of those disappeared on Friday (like he went to her), the other was out on FR, but I bet its gone today. This is why I am scared. "They" didn't give me the access, it was automatic thing that I just click all the boxes in "delegate" so I have it.

Why didn't I just admit that when he confronted me! Why didn't I just say "yes, you saw it on my screen. I know you don't want me managing your email. I don't go into it. I really wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and I didn't realize I had clicked into your box". But I didn't .. I panicked and lied.

I'm really scared I am going to get fired. Can they fire you for that?

That is shameful behaviour. Your boss is the kindest soul in mankind if he allows that kind of behaviour to pollute the workplace. And you are on frickin' PAID LEAVE?! WTF. That boss of yours is a kind gentleman.

And the thing is, you're not 21 and is not your first job. I'm guessing...roughly, 55 years of age, why would anyone loyal employee do that kind of stuff? Hacking into boss' email (yes, hacking, as it was done with intent to view private messages), okay. Then friggin' thinking its a smart move to LIE? pfffffffffft.

Save the drama. I sincerely hope the boss fires these kind of people.

Admin Edit: No need to yell, especially in huge red letters. If there's something needed to be said in big red letters, we'll let you know. Thank you.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    did you register just so you could make this post?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    it looks that way
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    And apparently in such a hurry that they couldn't even spell their user name correctly.

vCash
    arena_gal searches for ignore list feature.... Great Success!

((BaileyCatts))

vCash
    At least we know BC was correct in her opinion of her co-workers.

vCash
    forget the ignore list, i reported it to the moderators. i hope they do something

vCash
    I did as well. It's obviously someone who got an account just to be a jerk (probably one of those not-so-friendly coworkers we've heard about.
    Erm.... I got nothin'

vCash
    She doesn't need to see your post!

vCash
    Shame on you, NoSymphathy. Everyone makes mistakes, and the point of BaileyCatts post was to get advice.

BaileyCatts, I'm terrible with time differences, but I have been thinking of you (it's 6 a.m. Wednesday here.) Do remember, that whatever happens, you have a supportive sister, you have friends, and FSU at which to vent. (((((((hugs)))))))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by talulabell View Post
    I did as well.
    Me three, in regards to the reporting.

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    At least we know BC was correct in her opinion of her co-workers.
    I did as well. It's obviously someone who got an account just to be a jerk (probably one of those not-so-friendly coworkers we've heard about.
    I think we are on the same wavelength here.
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Me three, in regards to the reporting.
    Ditto!

vCash
    Speaking of BC, it's now after 6:00 EST. Wasn't her meeting at noon today? This can't bode well, because I'm sure she'd be jumping in here to let us know if the news was good news.

vCash
    Actually, I'm kinda hoping the opposite. If it was bad, and she was let go, we would have heard. If she was only disciplined, then she wouldnt risk logging on to FSU, for fear of being watched. [ /wishful thinking ]
    Erm.... I got nothin'

vCash
    Actually, I'm kinda hoping the opposite. If it was bad, and she was let go, we would have heard. If she was only disciplined, then she wouldnt risk logging on to FSU, for fear of being watched. [ /wishful thinking ]
    True. I'm used to working at a company where IT has better things to do than spy on co-workers (he also works in Purchasing) who spend time online when we aren't being inundated with calls from customers wanting to buy steel. I myself do my own share of web-surfing, while keeping my ears peeled for the sound of my boss's high heels coming down the hallway so I can knock the browser down to the task bar.

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    I've been thinking of you for days too! We all care!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And apparently in such a hurry that they couldn't even spell their user name correctly.
    They were actually trying to write NoSymphony but got it wrong.

What a dreadful horrible thing to say. Wishing all the worst of karma on them.

As for BC, my thoughts are with you and really hoping that you get through it. There are many of us who understand what you are going through so you are amongst friends (except for the moron above).
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast