Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    This is my first season of TAR. That ending sucked.

I'll probably watch again, though.
    You should! A lot of times I don't even remember who won, it's some of the other "also rans" who make the best memories. I was drawing a total blank and couldn't even remember who won last season! But I clearly remember the Globe Trotters and Mikah & Canaan's drama at the water slide.

I feel like if Cord had been the searcher in the Star Wars challenge that he would've been a little bit more aggressive about moving past Jordan. He seemed pretty much over the Little Bros at that point. I think what really did them in was not figuring out how to read that clue. Brent and Caite were able to totally catch up to them at that point.

I am not even going to say anything about Brandy's behavior except that I am now as embarrassed for her as I was for Caite at times on the race.

vCash
    I'm totally for the cowboys and at the brothers. They were annoying 3/4 of the season including tonight's episode.

So in TAR rules, you can only buy coach seats but can be upgraded to first class? Hmm smart move by the brothers.

I was disappointed at how anti climactic the "memory" challenge was.

Demon Barber
    vCash
    The Bros deserved to win today. Smart and always on the game. Backpack line game was stupid (hated it), but schmoozing their way to 1st Class won them the race. And keeping notes. So glad a fan won.

Cowboys - how long did they wait while Jordan was spinning? Geez. And not to realize why he was spinning? And not to take elimination notes? They could've done more. One of my favorite all time teams though.

Brandy - no doubt the ugliest finish line ever. Congratulations. Carol...RUN!!!!

vCash
    Cowboys had class to the end. I wish they could have won, what a great race. I'd just like to bring both of them home with me.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I think the cowboys will be just fine. They're the Michelle Kwans of TAR.

Jet really impressed me standing there while Cord tried to figure out what to do. So stoic--he stood there in silence and chewed his cud gum and patiently waited for Cord to tell him what to do. I don't think I have EVER seen anyone else in the race respond like that, especially not in the final leg. No "Come on, Cord," no frantic suggestions, not even a tense reminder that they were in a race. That was an amazing show of trust and faith.

There are some clips of Jet and Cord on YouTube; just be warned that Jet's horse class info goes on forever.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Demon Barber
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    And the Beauty Queens. Le sigh.

Jet really impressed me standing there while Cord tried to figure out what to do. So stoic--he stood there in silence and chewed his cud gum and patiently waited for Cord to tell him what to do.
    See, and here I wanted Jet to help out a little more. Not encouragement/yelling, but he was the one standing in front of Jordan when he was spinning for who knows how long. Couldn't he have said, "Hey is it time to spin?" Something, anything that wouldn't leave Cord all on his own.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Village Idiot View Post
    See, and here I wanted Jet to help out a little more. Not encouragement/yelling, but he was the one standing in front of Jordan when he was spinning for who knows how long. Couldn't he have said, "Hey is it time to spin?" Something, anything that wouldn't leave Cord all on his own.
    Both of them should have figured there was a reason Jordan was spinning around, yes. Cord knew about it, so it wasn't like he didn't have a clue of his own.

It would be one thing if Jet knew that he was supposed to spin around; if he realized it, I'm sure he would have suggested it. But I doubt that he knew they were all doing the same things--he ended up right where Jordan was, but Caite went off in another direction and for all he knew was doing something else.

So since he didn't know, he stood still, shut up, and trusted Cord to figure it out. Most of the time, that would work to their advantage. Too bad it didn't this time.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    and at Brandy's accusations and Carol's cringing. Congrats, little bros, and glad that someone who is a major fan of the show won (I'm just glad Caite/Brent didn't win). for the cowboys, and I was a bit surprised by the sort of less-than-pristine side they showed on this episode.

vCash
    RE: How close was it?
    I re-wound and looked at the goal post shadows. It looks like the Bros and Cowboys were very close in arrival time with the shadows about the same at 90 degrees from the posts. . B & C were much later - the shadows had moved maybe 30 degrees.
    I suddenly find myself older than I ever intended to be--Roxy Hart in "Chicago"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    This is my first season of TAR. That ending sucked.

I'll probably watch again, though.
    It was my first season, too, and I agree that the ending seemed to be kind of anti-climatic. (And, yeah, they had just been travelling 40,000 miles around the world so give them a break. ) I don't know what I was expecting, but that wasn't it...
    If ignorance is bliss, I'm overjoyed.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    The final leg of the race is often anticlimactic for me. The rest of the race is much more interesting.

But I will say this for TAR; it's a race, not a fairy tale, and the good guys don't always win. It would be a little suspicious if they did, you know? And you never know who is going to win because the winners of the race aren't necessarily being edited as "winners." It makes it more suspenseful, because you can't figure that Team X will win because they are the best racers or the nicest people or whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    It was my first season, too, and I agree that the ending seemed to be kind of anti-climatic. (And, yeah, they had just been travelling 40,000 miles around the world so give them a break. ) I don't know what I was expecting, but that wasn't it...
    There have been more exciting wins. I'm recalling some recent races where the team in the lead was passed on the memory task - Hippies passing Jeremy/Eric, Rachel/TK passing Christine/Ronald, Everyone passing Margie/Luke. And didn't leads change a few times within the last leg last season? Or what about season 1, when Margarita and Frank thought for sure they were the winners, only to be bested by the Lawyers in their home town with probably minutes between them. I agree that this final memory challenge was nothing compared ot challenges of the past. The flags in the Hippie's season or the surfboards in the Margie/Luke season seemed really hard.

What I don't like is when pure luck determines the winner, such as when James and Tyler got the cab driver who had the pass to get through the tolls, but Kimberly and (name escapes me) had the driver who didn't and had to wait in the longer line. And there was Lyn and Karlyn who were so far behind they weren't even a consideration.

So, at least the Little Bros used a little strategy and it appeared close. But the Cowboys are the winners in everyone's hearts!

One more thing - I was surprised by the lack of over the mechanical ascenders. They have been the downfall of more than one team in the past, although I guess everyone at the end here was pretty fit so it was hard, but not too hard for them.

vCash
    Crap ending. I really wanted the Cowboys to win. I'm glad that the sleazy airport conduct by the other brothers wasn't the reason for their win or I'd really be annoyed. But at least the Team Stupid didn't win. Caite once again proved how stupid she is. She was too stupid to understand when someone was pointing out how stupid she was. I really do prefer it, though, when people who played well throughout the race end up winning it.

vCash
    I'm just surprised/impressed that the winners are kept a secret from the general viewing public considering this had to have been taped beforehand. Like when the contestants go home it must be hard to not tell anyone what happened for fear it might leak out to the media.
    If ignorance is bliss, I'm overjoyed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    I'm just surprised/impressed that the winners are kept a secret from the general viewing public considering this had to have been taped beforehand. Like when the contestants go home it must be hard to not tell anyone what happened for fear it might leak out to the media.
    I've heard of contracts being written such that if you leak the ending you don't get paid. That's good incentive.

I know Joe and Heidi (I think- the morse code ones) did an interview that they were devestated having to watch that episode with their kids, because they were the kids "heros" and the kids were sure they had won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post

Jet really impressed me standing there while Cord tried to figure out what to do. So stoic--he stood there in silence and chewed his cud gum and patiently waited for Cord to tell him what to do. I don't think I have EVER seen anyone else in the race respond like that, especially not in the final leg. No "Come on, Cord," no frantic suggestions, not even a tense reminder that they were in a race. That was an amazing show of trust and faith.
    Their "class" throughout, certainly made me a fan!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Cowboys.

Little Brothers. Meh.

Caite confirmed that she is a total cow. If I were a taxi driver and a passenger called me a dumb ass, I'd have thrown them out right there and then. Caite is a peach alright. Shame she is rotten to the core.

Thought the playing up of the "mean lesbians" angle at the end was a bit unfair. It definitely felt a bit staged with Phil asking Brandy to comment. Has that ever happened before? Very childish and petulant of Brandy to say what she did though. Team Forrest Gump played by the rules.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Joe and Heidi had an even better reason to be bitter, but they didn't say a darned thing.

Was giggling at the look on the Cowboy's faces when Brandy screamed "You should have u-turned the cowboys!" They were like 'oh my gravy hit the fan".

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Joe and Heidi had an even better reason to be bitter, but they didn't say a darned thing.
    Well, I guess we'll never know as they weren't asked by Phil.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Don't fret, we'll see the Cowboys in TARSTARSII! :prays to Living Saint: Loved that our boys gave the series its second-ever uber rootable great racing team ($1 million-worthy "and" quotable "and" entertaining) (alongside the Chas). And unlike the Chas, that they raced all the way to the giant bathmat. Kudos, Cord and Jet!

I have to admit that I fast-forwarded through most of this leg after the Little Brothers moved to first class. I just knew "well, that's that" - Jordan wins.

Jordan and Dan are statistically the worst TAR winners ever, lagging far behind even the regrettable Eric & Dumbielle's average leg placement. Beyond mere stats, J&D are just bad winners for this franchise. They survived, nothing more, until the final leg -- which admittedly they were the best in. Even though I was rooting against Tall Detective, the RI boys' "performance" in the Final 4 (waiting for the Dutectives for 2 hours, then just following them until the formers' speedbump) was groan worthy. I'd have even given Caite and her doorknob of a boyfriend more applause in winning, as they were fighters throughout the season, and placed highly throughout.

Oh well, it's the journey. And TAR 16 was a pretty good journey.

Meanwhile, O.M.F.G. Brandy getting a beat-down from the "Queen of Dumb"! For the satisfaction of venting one last time (after dozens of earlier ventings) to a woman 20 years your junior, you throw a hissy fit that can now live in infamy on YouTube! Good going, Brandy ... you'll always be famous now. Carol, if you ever really were a couple, I hope that you've bolted to another city.

Brandy's "defence" on their Facebook (the SHOUTING, btw, is all her) hasn't helped.
    [Brandy:]
    HERE'S THE DEAL PEOPLE... THE FINALE HAPPENED 4 DAYS AFTER WE WERE U-TURNED... I WAS STILL REELING FROM BEING ROBBED OF MY CHANCE TO COMPETE ...PROPERLY FOR THE MILLION. THAT BEING SAID, THERE'S A GREAT QUOTE THE GOES, "DON'T PISS DOWN MY BACK AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING."
    One last thing, as the credits rolled, I realized that Caite droned on about "her dream," "her accomplishment", "her proving points" ... all while never mentioning or motioning to the bug-eyed meth model who raced with her. And such as it should be ... that guy was, is, and will be invisible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast