Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Bereswell and Young are planning to skate at regionals and sectionals.
    Pairs don't have to compete at Regionals (Becky's new regional is EGL if she is planning to compete in singles this season) -- Bereswill/Young will be at Midwestern Sectionals in November.

At the St. Clair Shores Autumn Classic in Michigan last week, the Senior Pairs SP unofficial scores for the 2 teams were:
    Katz/Lynch 46.34
    Bereswill/Young 42.64 (their competition debut)
    Only Katz/Lynch registered for the FS but I don't know if they competed.

Good luck to Zhang/Toth and Donlan/Speroff in their senior international debuts at Nebelhorn Trophy this week!

Zhang/Toth officially have been named to the 3rd pairs spot at Skate America (as published on both the ISU and USFS sites today).

vCash
    So, Rockne found a new partner.
    Trevor Young found a new partner.

I am feeling even worse for Drew Meekins. :

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    So, Rockne found a new partner.
    Trevor Young found a new partner.

I am feeling even worse for Drew Meekins. :
    Rockne lost his bye, so he has to go through sectionals. I hope they will be ready on time.

vCash
    I am excited for Rockne! Thanks to Haribobo, I just watched his new partner skate and she's damn good!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQ2k8Cz3oQ

Way better than the washed up drag queen anyhow.

Decent basics, perky, has the sbs jumps, strong spins. The whole package.

I am also worried they might not be ready for Sectionals though. :/

vCash
    No worries -- it's looking like every Senior pair team that competes (or elects not to compete) at Sectionals will advance to Nationals -- please refer to: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...48#post2881848
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-22-2010 at 02:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I am excited for Rockne! Thanks to Haribobo, I just watched his new partner skate and she's damn good!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQ2k8Cz3oQ

Way better than the washed up drag queen anyhow.

Decent basics, perky, has the sbs jumps, strong spins. The whole package.

I am also worried they might not be ready for Sectionals though. :/
    huh? You don't even make sense sometimes. And they've already done a summer competition, so they'll be able to put at least something out there at Sectionals. As Sylvia mentioned, all Senior pairs will advance to Nationals, so it won't really matter how ready they are. There's still 4 months to Nationals, which isn't a lot of time, but at least there won't be any pressure in November.

vCash
    It's starting to sound like it will be a tough season, even with a bye. Mary Beth and Rockne should really put their programs out in front of the judges to see where they stand. The Grand Prix is not an option, so they probably should do Sectionals.

Then at Nationals, they will be up against teams that have been together for years. Making the World team will be very hard.

vCash
    I don't know what Marley/Brubaker's goals are for their rookie season together, but considering she is brand new to pairs and, I assume, also hopes to qualify for Nationals in singles at the Junior level for the first time, I would imagine that the primary focus is for her to learn as many pair skills as possible, start gelling as a team, and set themselves up for long-term success.

vCash
    A tough season? They are two fantastic skaters just teaming up for the first time a few months ago- let's celebrate that! What are you so worried about Polymer? This view that anything less than a National title and a world medal is a failure is so nauseating. They're doing great. Let them develop at their own rate. Even if they finish 8th or 10th at Nationals, that will be a good accomplishment, and they will likely get some international assignments to build on next season.
    Last edited by haribobo; 09-22-2010 at 02:35 PM.

vCash
    want to watch the video, and I can`t..... video not availaaaaaaaaaable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Mary Beth and Rockne should really put their programs out in front of the judges to see where they stand.
    They already have at St. Moritz. And I'm sure they will again.

The Grand Prix is not an option, so they probably should do Sectionals.
    I don't know why they wouldn't.

Then at Nationals, they will be up against teams that have been together for years. Making the World team will be very hard.
    There's a lot of great US teams to root for this year- C/S, M/B, D/S, Z/T, S/M, E/L, D/B. IMO they are all great to watch and it will be fun to watch such a deep field at Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Let them develop at their own rate. Even if they finish 8th or 10th at Nationals, that will be a good accomplishment, and they will likely get some international assignments to build on next season.
    That's probably the best attitude to have at this point. They seem to be very talented, and will only get better as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    want to watch the video, and I can`t..... video not availaaaaaaaaaable
    I can see the video. YouTube is weird. It's blocked in some places. For example, you can't get it in China.

vCash
    For those who may have missed it, JadeDixon posted her first-hand impressions of Marley/Brubaker's debut at the Skate St. Moritz club competition earlier this month in this now-locked Brubaker thread (starting with post #248): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=74154&page=13

Additional reports can be found in the Skate St. Moritz thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75003

Evora/Ladwig are scheduled to make their season debut at their home club's competition (Nancy Archie-Meyer Memorial) this weekend in Ellenton, Florida. I haven't heard which pair teams may be competing in the Pikes Peak Classic in Colorado Springs this weekend.

vCash
    Just saw that Micael Stewart is listed on Ice Partner Search. Partnership with Ameena Sheikh probably didn`t work out.

vCash
    I've cross-posted this article link about the Felicia Zhang/Taylor Toth and Gretchen Donlan/Andrew Speroff in the Nebelhorn Trophy thread in Kiss and Cry (it also explains why Donlan/Speroff withdrew from the Middle Atlantics club competition in NYC earlier this month): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

This article summarizes the pair seminars that were sponsored by the Skating Club of New York at the Middle Atlantics comp. and mentions Castelli/Shnapir's throw 3A: Remembering Will Sears by developing U.S. pairs
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-23-2010 at 02:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    huh? You don't even make sense sometimes. And they've already done a summer competition, so they'll be able to put at least something out there at Sectionals. As Sylvia mentioned, all Senior pairs will advance to Nationals, so it won't really matter how ready they are. There's still 4 months to Nationals, which isn't a lot of time, but at least there won't be any pressure in November.
    What didn't make sense?

And I'm pleased to hear they don't have to worry about not making it through Sectionals.

That means they can focus on long-term work.

Obviously they won't be ready-ready by Nationals and realistically they should aim at trying to make the top 10 there.

But I do think that Marley has potential (the only problem is she might grow too much and we'll end up with the same problem as with his two previous partners), which in time will be realised.

vCash
    What didn't make sense?
    Just nevermind.

But I do think that Marley has potential (the only problem is she might grow too much and we'll end up with the same problem as with his two previous partners), which in time will be realised.
    I don't see that as a real problem. Oh yeah... You were the one who said last season, seconds after M/B set a personal best in the SP at 4 Continents, that McLaughlin had grown too much. I can tell you are very difficult to please and excessively negative about nearly every pair team (I saw you want Yuko Kavaguti's arm to fall off, you think Pang/Tong are terrible, etc). Rockne's previous partner had clearly gotten too tall (over 5'4") for it to be manageable, but I think he could have managed fine with Keauna had they kept training, and I don't think there would be an issue with Marley since she is not likely to be a tall person either. You could be right, maybe she could have a big growth spurt or two, as she's not close to 16 yet... But even if she grows a few more inches and fills out (which would still probably put her around only 5'0 or 5'1"), I think they could make the necessary adjustments and work with it. Rockne is on the short side, but he's built strong. More of a potential problem for the future, I think, may be her balancing singles with pairs. But would she really grow 4-6 inches after 15 years old? Maybe, but probably not very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    Just saw that Micael Stewart is listed on Ice Partner Search. Partnership with Ameena Sheikh probably didn`t work out.
    That was quick. She moved to Canada and everything, so that's too bad for them that it didn't work out.

vCash
    Yes, I am very difficult to please and I consider being honest more important than being positive. Yuko is just awful and would finally like her to retire. And Pang/Tong have poor basics and most of their programs are poorly constructed and have very basic choreography and transitions. And I want them to retire too.

But that's for another thread.

Keauna did grow too tall last season though. And it became visible on the elements. I think that even somebody's from Rockne's camp admitted it indirectly in a thread (which caused major drama to everybody's merriment).

As for Mary Beth, I guess you are right. She's already past her puberty (I didn't know how old she was) which means that she shouldn't grow too much any more.

I would imagine that if the partnership works out and they become successful, she is going to give up singles.

For now, whilst things are very much up in the air, it's a smart move for her to continue.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 09-24-2010 at 01:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    You could be right, maybe she could have a big growth spurt or two, as she's not close to 16 yet... But even if she grows a few more inches and fills out (which would still probably put her around only 5'0 or 5'1"), I think they could make the necessary adjustments and work with it. Rockne is on the short side, but he's built strong.
    Rockne has a short, powerful build that goes well with pairs.

I don't remember the details, but a couple of years ago, I read that pairs get extra points for being close in height and weight. I can't recall if that's an official rule or some psychological factor that affects judges.

vCash
    Yes, I am very difficult to please and I consider being honest more important than being positive. Yuko is just awful and would finally like her to retire. And Pang/Tong have poor basics and most of their programs are poorly constructed and have very basic choreography and transitions. And I want them to retire too.
    I understand where you're coming from, I just can't believe you said you wanted the girl's arm to fall off. And if she's awful, what do you think of actual awful skaters? I'm not a huge Yuko fan either, but that is harsh. You're right, this is for another thread.

Keauna did grow too tall last season though. And it became visible on the elements. I think that even somebody's from Rockne's camp admitted it indirectly in a thread (which caused major drama to everybody's merriment).
    Ugh, no, it was a general statement that got misinterpreted by a couple posters, that was all. Subsequent posts clarified what the comment meant. I thought it was clear what the comment meant, but some people take things the wrong way just to start unnecessary drama that really isn't there. I think there were things M/B could have done in future programs to make it easier on themselves since they didn't have the biggest height difference, but she wasn't too tall for him. He wanted to keep skating with her.

As for Mary Beth, I guess you are right. She's already past her puberty (I didn't know how old she was) which means that she shouldn't grow too much any more.
    I don't think she's past puberty at all, I just don't think girls typically grow a massive amount in height at 15. I mean, some do, but it probably doesn't happen that often. She can probably afford to grow a few inches because she's short, but I don't see her ending up 5'3"+ or anything. Maybe I will end up wrong, who knows.

For now, whilst things are very much up in the air, it's a smart move for her to continue.
    We agree on something.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast