Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's a Florida article about a fundraising exhibition that took place in Ellenton on June 30th: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...-Ellenton-rink
    Excerpt:
    Noticeably missing in action were Ellenton-trained Olympic and World Team pairs Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett, and Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig.

However, the pairs clad in Team USA gear did join the skaters for a final bow.

Denney, 17, is recovering from a bout of bronchitis, and Evora, 25, has just returned from a five-week hiatus after injuring her knee at a "Stars on Ice" performance.
    Denney's younger sister, Haven, also showed promise and fluidity on the ice with new [Junior level] partner Danny O'Shea, in their first time skating together in an exhibition.

vCash
    Isn't it about time to start speculating about which pair and dance teams will skate at which sectionals? Many teams get to choose between two sections.

vCash
    Rena and John have withdrawn from the Grand Prix.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    FYI, there are currently two threads about U.S. pair teams in Great Skate Debate...

Denney/Barrett announce coaching change to John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana (8/23 USFS press release): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74764

Inoue/Baldwin have withdrawn from their one Grand Prix event (NHK Trophy): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74735

Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Isn't it about time to start speculating about which pair and dance teams will skate at which sectionals?
    I've started a separate thread on this topic (to include dance as well as pairs) : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74733

The 5 U.S. pairs currently with byes through Sectionals in November to 2011 U.S. Nationals are:
    Denney/Barrett, Evora/Ladwig and Inoue/Baldwin (top 3 at 2010 Nationals), plus Yankowskas/Coughlin and Simpson/Miller (due to the timing of their respective GP events).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-23-2010 at 10:58 PM.

vCash
    I just saw Kendra Moyle listed on icepartner search. After watching her and Pottenger at the Indy Challenge I am not surprised. Is he still skating?

vCash
    Oh thank god. M/P really needed to move on...all those failed lifts, just, omg. Really surprised they stuck with it as long as they did. They had some good SPs last year though.

vCash
    I see that Kendra Moyle is no longer on icepartnersearch. Did I miss something?

vCash
    Any early predictions on who will be at Nationals and who will finish on the Podium? Will it be the two Florida Teams at the top? Will Marley and Brubaker make a big splash? Will it finally be Yankowskas and Coughlins turn at the top? Will we see some new faces in the top six? I think it could be a potentially very exciting season for US Pairs.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    For those who enjoy comparing scores across competitions , here's a compilation of all known U.S. pairs scores from summer club competitions that have been officially published online to date: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...pairs-results/

Not included yet is Tiffany Vise/Don Baldwin's total Senior score of 131.64 (47.24 in SP, 84.40 in FS) in their exhibition performances at the Glacier Falls Summer Classic in August.

ETA - Scheduled to compete in the Senior Pairs event at Golden West in L.A. this weekend:
    Aaron/Cohen
    Davis/Leftheris
    Dobbs/Jacobsen
    Vise/Baldwin
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-01-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Two Senior pairs competed at Golden West this weekend and Davis/Leftheris won over Vise/Baldwin (the Golden West thread in the Kiss and Cry forum has more info and discussion).
    ETA: Davis/Leftheris' FS score at Golden West was 96.22 (51.81 TES + 44.41 PCS, according to TanithandBenFan who wrote down these scores at the rink) for a total of 149.87, which is the third highest U.S. Senior Pairs score so far this summer.

Article on the 2010 U.S. Novice pair champions, Ashley Cain and Joshua Reagan, who will make their JGP debut at the 5th JGP in Sheffield, GBR: http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/090510.shtml
    (This article link could be cross-posted in the U.S. Junior Ladies thread since Cain is the 2010 Novice Ladies silver medalist and currently a JGP alternate in singles.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-06-2010 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    Could someone tell me about Donlan/Speroff? I've never heard of them. I watched their videos on youtube and they are a deeply talented pair IMO and could really shake things up. His grace and extension matches hers and that is something unique for US pairs - looks almost Russian-esque

Alas, I did a google search and came up with nothing really useful.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    There was quite a bit of discussion last month about Gretchen Donlan/Andrew Speroff in the Cranberry Open thread in the Kiss and Cry forum -- I guess you don't have access there?

Short summary: They paired up last season and placed 8th in Junior at 2010 U.S. Nationals. Donlan was/is new to pairs and previously had competed in singles twice at U.S. Nationals at the Novice (2008) and Junior (2009) levels. Speroff is a veteran pair guy (he won the 2004 Intermediate Pairs title with Rachael Flatt) and competed on the JGP with Brittany Chase. Donlan/Speroff are coached by Bobby Martin and Carrie Wall in Boston and train alongside Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir. Donlan will be 17 in November and Speroff turned 22 this past May. IMO, they have made tremendous progress as a team since Nationals and, as a result, many fans who have seen them live this summer and/or have watched their videos on youtube from Indy Challenge (FS) and Cranberry Open (SP) are excited about their potential.

ETA: Donlan/Speroff's 151.66 total score at the Cranberry Open is currently the second highest Senior Pairs total score from summer competitions. Their Cranberry FS score was 102.65 (54.13 TES+48.52 PCS).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-06-2010 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    There was quite a bit of discussion last month about Gretchen Donlan/Andrew Speroff in the Cranberry Open thread in the Kiss and Cry forum -- I guess you don't have access there?

Short summary: They paired up last season and placed 8th in Junior at 2010 U.S. Nationals. Donlan was/is new to pairs and previously had competed in singles twice at U.S. Nationals at the Novice (2008) and Junior (2009) levels. Speroff is a veteran pair guy (he won the 2004 Intermediate Pairs title with Rachael Flatt) and competed on the JGP with Brittany Chase. Donlan/Speroff are coached by Bobby Martin and Carrie Wall in Boston and train alongside Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir. Donlan will be 17 in November and Speroff turned 22 this past May. IMO, they have made tremendous progress as a team since Nationals and, as a result, many fans who have seen them live this summer and/or have watched their videos on youtube from Indy Challenge (FS) and Cranberry Open (SP) are excited about their potential.
    Thanks Sylvia. I have to get off my lazy butt and pay for the access again.

They look like they have natural speed and power along with extension and grace? Their twist and throws are great! That's an incredible mix of talents [deadly, if you are their competitor ].

I just see that they need to step up on the SBS jumps and of course spend more time together to completely gel

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I've cross-posted this news in the Nebelhorn Trophy thread in Kiss and Cry:

Gretchen Donlan/Andrew Speroff have replaced their rinkmates, Castelli/Shnapir, at Nebelhorn Trophy (C/S received a 2nd GP assignment at Skate America) and, IMO, really deserve this first-ever international assignment after their performances at Liberty, Indy and Cranberry Open. Quite an accomplishment for a second-year team that placed 8th in Junior at 2010 Nationals!

Castelli/Shnapir and Donlan/Speroff are scheduled to compete at the Middle Atlantics club competition in NYC this weekend.

vCash
    Donlan/Speroff!

vCash
    Good for them. Very well deserved!!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's an article about Britney Simpson and Nathan Miller who will make their Grand Prix debut in Russia this fall: http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/091910.shtml

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tiffany Vise tweeted that she & Don Baldwin have been assigned to their first Senior B comp. (Ice Challenge) and will receive a bye through Sectionals to Nationals: http://twitter.com/icetiff/status/24711306723

ETA: U.S. Pairs (Juvenile-Senior) that are known to have competed so far this summer (including the teams that have since split): http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...pairs-results/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-20-2010 at 07:20 PM.

vCash
    Bereswell and Young are planning to skate at regionals and sectionals. Oh and we have a new nickname for them. It's Trecky (and Becky approved of this)

vCash
    Andrew Speroff is <3

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast