Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    ^ I never understood that... I mean some of these entries (back three turn into triple axel) are definitely very very difficult, but is really something like a spread eagle or an ina bauer that difficult into something like a flip or a lutz? After all, right before the jump you'll get back on two feet with the balance you need to do it.
    What do you mean, "right before the jump you'll get back on two feet with the balance you need to do it."? To do a RFO spread eagle into a lutz, you just lift the leading foot, reach back with it and pick for the takeoff. At no point do you get to bring your feet together first and re-balance over both feet. In spread eagle or Ina Bauer position, both feet are on the ice but wide apart, so that your weight is centered between your two feet, not balanced over one foot or the other. When you lift one of those feet off the ice, you need to shift all of your balance to the other foot and bend that knee deeply without changing edge, then take off from that foot. Not an easy transition, and even harder from an Ina Bauer.
    Last edited by Doubletoe; 05-17-2010 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    This guy at the rink I used to skate at did a RBO hydrant spiral and would immediately step down into an axel. Of course he'd pop it into a beautiful waltz more often than not

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12