Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    That lutz/loop is IMO what killed her career. She was doing it over and over and over again at those Nationals, and she had zero rhythm, it was basically just muscling it. My hip was hurting watching her do them repeatedly, because it was not what one would describe as easy. Then she had her hip problems and never regained her momentum. I would never want to see that combo, because it was the beginning of the end for her. Was she with Frank by that time, or still with Tiffany Chin?

vCash
    She was still with Tiffany Chin then and stayed with her for another year after that before moving on to Christy Ness.

vCash
    One of my favorite skaters to watch.

This is one of my favorite exhibition performances of any skater, ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjOFj...os=DZ4ncROIRTk

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    It was the first by a US woman. Miki Ando and probably a couple of other non-Americans had already done it at that point.
    The first ever was Irina Slutskaya in 1999. The first American to attempt it was Michelle Kwan in 2001.

vCash

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by personwhoishere View Post
    One of my favorite skaters to watch.

This is one of my favorite exhibition performances of any skater, ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjOFj...os=DZ4ncROIRTk
    Thanks for the link. That was a beautiful exhibition - I'll miss Bebe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    It was the first by a US woman. Miki Ando and probably a couple of other non-Americans had already done it at that point.
    Do you think the judges were giving her full credit for completing this combination? She still couldn't crack the final group in those years at Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    The first ever was Irina Slutskaya in 1999. The first American to attempt it was Michelle Kwan in 2001.
    In light of COP, does anyone think that Irina's lutz/loop combo at that GPF would have been ratified? It was so clearly UR'd, like not even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Do you think the judges were giving her full credit for completing this combination? She still couldn't crack the final group in those years at Nationals.
    In 2003 for Bebe? She had a mistake in the short (she didn't attempt the 3-3 there) so she ended up in the penultimate group, so that couldn't have helped. She did the triple lutz-triple loop in the free skate by all reports cleanly but I have no idea how the rest of the skate went as it wasn't on TV.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From Skateweb's 2003 U.S. Nationals report (r = Rittberger, or loop):
    Beatrisa Liang (8): 3z/2t, 3f step out, 2x. I thought her speed through the first two jumping passes was greatly improved since last year, but she slowed down noticibly in her footwork.
    Beatrisa Liang (7): 2x, 3z/3r!!, 3f fall, wimpy flying sit/mushroom/scratch spin, 3r, layback, spirals, circular steps, 3s, death drop, 3z, 3t, charlotte, spin combination ending with Y/back scratch. Once again she started out strongly (good for her to get that triple/triple, in particular!), but her speed and ice coverage deteriorated quite obviously by the end of the program, and she was also sloppy about not extending fully or holding her positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    Wow, if you know a link to a video of MK's attempt, I'd be interested to see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Screenie View Post
    Wow, if you know a link to a video of MK's attempt, I'd be interested to see it.
    2001 Skate Canada FS.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234