Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    They had a free slot to fill between the 8pm rerun of L&O and the 10pm rerun of L&O.
    Creating drama!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

No surprise about venerable shows that didn't have much new territory to cover (Cold Case, NUMB3RS), and I don't know how Gary Unmarried and especially Accidentally on Purpose even made it through their first seasons.
    I can tell you what happened to Gary Unmarried (at least from this viewer's POV) - for some reason, they totally revamped the show in season 2. Gary suddenly had a new job, new best friend and whole new set of coworkers. They attempted to replace his ex-wife with similar-but-not-quite character as his girlfriend, reducing Paula Marshall's screen time when she and her chemistry with Gary was one of the best things about the show. They also rewrote one of the children, changing him from a smart ass to an airhead, who knows why. I enjoyed the first season, gave up on the second.

As for Accidentally on Purpose, I see where it was helped by its initial slot between How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men - but is it any surprise that ratings dropped when they put it on hiatus for months, then quietly put it on another night, after another show they've just canceled? Honestly I thought the characters on that show were really well drawn, and I'm going to miss it.

Funny thing is, they've picked up Rules of Engagement, a mid-season starter for several years now that has always benefited from the same timeslot that Accidentally on Purpose had, so how do they know it can stand up on its own?

I'm not a network executive, but I've never understood the strategy of moving shows to different timeslots, doing a poor job of letting fans know, and then being surprised when they lose viewers. Or of putting shows on hiatus for months, and expecting viewers to stay loyal after such a long break, and without knowing when, if or where they might return.

vCash
    How the feck is One Tree Hill not cancelled?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MOIJTO View Post
    Law and Order's last show will be May 24th. 20 years, they join only a few primetime shows with that honor. Bonanza being one.
    Bonanza was on the air from 1959 to 1973. Perchance are you thinking of Gunsmoke (1955-1975)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    How the feck is One Tree Hill not cancelled?
    Wow, I thought this show had been cancelled several years ago....

vCash
    Mercy & Trama done according to TV.com
    http://www.tv.com/mercy/show/76649/m...;topic_title;0

And The Forgotten seems to be finished although they say Hiatus.

vCash
    I can tell you my theory of numbers123 liking or getting invested in a show = a higher than expected level of cancelled shows. And if I dislike a show, it is likely to survive beyond any expectation (i.e. L&O).

I'll stick to watching NFL football, college football, NBA and college basketball. If I wait a few more years to get invested in the WNBA, those ratings might take off big time.

vCash
    Fox picked up Human Target! Wheeeeeee, love this show

vCash
    Oh lord! Tell me tonight episode of Flashforward is not the end of the show! Tell me their is going to be a movie or mini series to tie up the loose ends.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Oh lord! Tell me tonight episode of Flashforward is not the end of the show! Tell me their is going to be a movie or mini series to tie up the loose ends.
    The season finale is next week so you have at least one more week of Flashfoward.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    The season finale is next week so you have at least one more week of Flashfoward.
    sniffle...sniffle... thank you, I feel better now, but it only delays my pain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    CBS renewed Medium.

I came here looking for this info b/c I was worried after seeing the last show of the season - it seemed to be an ending type of show...

Hope my guilty pleasure Ghost Whisperer can get picked up somewhere else - maybe on ScyFy (or however they spell that nowadays!).

vCash
    I used to love ghost whisperer but after Melissa's husband died and came back in somone else's body I stopped watching. Just did not seem the same after that. To besides, the whole show is about helping the dead move on but her own husband gets to stay, resume their relationship and have a kid with her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    To besides, the whole show is about helping the dead move on but her own husband gets to stay, resume their relationship and have a kid with her.
    How did I miss this show?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I've missed most of this season of GW, but I think going 5 years forward was a mistake. I was on board with the whole Jim's dead/Jim's still around/she's marrying someone else that's really Jim last season (even though I didn't like it initially), but it bugs that there is no longer any reference to the fact that "Jim" is really a different body now. I didn't notice anyone calling him by the other name (I can't remember it now)...Grandview is a small town - did everyone just accept that the crazy ghost lady in town got her new guy to assume her dead husband's name?

The finale seemed kind of series finale-ish, and based on the quality of the episode, I'm ok with it being gone. The problem with introducing a kid that young as a major part of the story is that the plot and writing becomes extremely basic. That chain of passed over kids of light illuminating the whole town and banishing the shadows forevah!...well, it was lame.

Medium's ep also seemed like it could have been a series ender but it was really well done. The only problem I see is - how will they top it whenever the show really does come to an end?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    The Ghost Whisperer has lost a step but I think CBS treated the show poorly. If they were gonna cancel the show, they should've given the creators time to make an actual series finale.

vCash
    I saw an ad on NBC, I think, for Law and Order Los Angeles -Hooray

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Bones is renewed?
    Thanks for the info.

Watched the finale last night......I was nervous that it was a show ending finale.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Bones is renewed?
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    ABC's confirmed fall schedule is here:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...e_is_here.html
    Thanks for the link...wow the only show I watch ABC is Grey's...I am surprised.

I keep thinking I should like Private Practice......but then when I try to watch it.......can't do it.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    The Ghost Whisperer has lost a step but I think CBS treated the show poorly. If they were gonna cancel the show, they should've given the creators time to make an actual series finale.
    I feel the same way about "Numbers".
    I never thought that the long-anticipated wedding would be the finale!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast