Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    I hear that "Law & Order" has not been renewed....

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    V Renewal Story at EW I really hope he's right!

Not so good news from EW about four other shows including Flashforward Not happy to hear the news about FF at all.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    That's scary. Law & Order has been on TV for exactly half of my life. It's kind of a shame because the new cast has grown on me over this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    V Renewal Story at EW I really hope he's right!

Not so good news from EW about four other shows including Flashforward[/URL] Not happy to hear the news about FF at all.
    Three for "V"!!! I am soooo HAPPY!!!! BUT at L&O and FF not being renewed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    That's scary. Law & Order has been on TV for exactly half of my life. It's kind of a shame because the new cast has grown on me over this year.
    Yeah, I've actually been watching some of the eps this season. I've always eschewed the original L&O because SVU and Criminal Intent were edgier and sexier. But both of those shows are boring me now and I have found the original show to be quite solid. I lurve Abigail.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Happy about "V" but very sad about "FlashForward".
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Even better, I read yesterday that L&O is cancelled, but #*(&@$ Heroes is getting another shot.

Pffft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Even better, I read yesterday that L&O is cancelled, but #*(&@$ Heroes is getting another shot.

Pffft.
    Sad for L&O. I don't watch Heroes so I have no opinion on it.

vCash
    Vaguely sad re: FF, but not unexpected.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Aw bleep, Better Off Ted officially gone. ABC, you freaking idiots. It was the most hilarious show on TV, IMO so much better than the bland amusement of other sitcoms that get so much more attention - Modern Family on the same network, Big Bang Theory on CBS, Community on NBC.

But it was out and out farce, which oftentimes just doesn't play well on network TV. Even though 30 Rock, which has also become just a farce, but an unfunny one, lives on into a fifth season. (And I speak as someone who has a vague acquaintance with one or two of that show's writers.)

Oh well, just hope P & R can stay decent.

And even though I think Flash Forward's a hot mess, I still watch it sometimes. (I liked the book the idea was based on.) I haven't heard whether the plot will be tidied up at season's end.

vCash
    It will be a long while before something as satisfying to the adult audience as the "Law and Order" franchise, arrives to replace it..

vCash
    Most network TV is so inferior anymore. Even cable is starting to annoy me. The shows try too hard to be shocking and edgy, and they end up coming across as ridiculous. I stopped watching Psych and Burn Notice for those reasons too.

vCash
    Rex, agree. I've watched basic cable (i.e., USA/TNT) shows at other people's house or on Hulu, and I've rented DVDs of high-end cable (HBO, Showtime) shows. I usually find the USA/TNT/FX-type shows blah and not compelling enough to keep me searching them out.

And most of the HBO/Showtime stuff of recent seasons has been outright disappointing to me, after hearing such hype about the shows - good production values, but characters or storylines that just don't draw me in. (Weeds, Deadwood, True Blood.)

The last highly-rated cable show which really made an impression on me was Six Feet Under.

vCash
    Loved SFU. I used to watch most of the cable series, but like I said, they reek of desperation and look-how-edgy-and-crazy-my-characters-are. Enough already.

vCash
    YAY CHUCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    It's been on for basically my entire life!

My mother is going to be very sad about Better Off Ted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It will be a long while before something as satisfying to the adult audience as the "Law and Order" franchise, arrives to replace it..

Law & Order: Los Angeles seems to be pretty certain for a NBC spot next year. It sounds like it will use the same formula as the original, just with a different cast and setting. So the show may fill the same niche as the current show.

I think the nail in the coffin for the original L&O was the TNT deal. With the commitment to buy 20 years of episodes for syndication, Wolf could take less from NBC and still make money. TNT doesn't have to buy more episodes, since it has such a large number to air already and, presumably, with more of its own programming, it will cut back on the the L&O marathons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post

Pffft.
    Exactly how many shots has Heroes gotten?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Not happy about FF at all, but they blew it with the long break - the real time aspect is gone, too many characters moving in and out. So of the 6 acted shows I watch regularly, only 2 are sure to return.

Lost, FF, Tudors -- gone
    Numb3rs - probably cancelled
    Bones, Modern Family - renewed

I guess I will go back to House and maybe I will get Fringe DVDs and try to pick that one up. When does the Borgias start?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Not happy about FF at all, but they blew it with the long break - the real time aspect is gone, too many characters moving in and out. So of the 6 acted shows I watch regularly, only 2 are sure to return.

Lost, FF, Tudors -- gone
    Numb3rs - probably cancelled
    Bones, Modern Family - renewed

I guess I will go back to House and maybe I will get Fringe DVDs and try to pick that one up. When does the Borgias start?
    Sadly, not till 2011.

I'm bummed about Flash Forward. It was never as good as Lost, but has really gained momentum.

I'm not going to be left with many dramas to watch regularly, either. I haven't been watching House on Mondays because of DWTS, but decided to watch it last Monday. It was really I hope that was just a one time thing.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast