Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Any word on Parenthood?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    There was already talk that next season will actually have the cast go backwards in time (5 years+) with William Walker still alive (thus Tom Skerritt comes back).
    I love Tom Skerritt, that'd be awesome. Though they'd have to get new actors to play Sarah's kids, it'd be pretty hard to reverse the kids that play Paige & Cooper 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    Any word on Parenthood?
    I hope it's safe, I am really enjoying it.

vCash
    I'm not sure how the networks expect a 'big' show along the lines of Flash Forward to do well when they yank it around the schedule and schedule long breaks. 24 and Lost can do that since they have a rabid following (aren't coming back/big star attached/etc.).

It's like Firefly or Journeyman (with Kevin Kidd as the time traveling cop) - Loved both and lost both after an abbreviated first season. Either give it a full 2 years to make a mark or make it a 1 year longer miniseries type show with a start/middle/end (and a chance for spinoffs or prequels).

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Didn't Journeyman also suffer from the writer's strike? I remember there were a bunch of fledgling series that got majorly derailed by the strike because they hadn't had time to develop a following. I liked that show a lot.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    Any word on Parenthood?
    Renewed.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Renewed.
    That doesn't surprise me, given the cast I can't imagine that they'd pull the plug on that show too quickly. Plus, it's a good show.

vCash
    That must mean then both "Parks and Recreation" and "The Middle" may be in trouble if these two are being renewed.
    P & R got a very early renewal this winter. Amy Poehler's expecting her second child and the show had to start taping some of Season 3 (or their second full season) this spring to make up for when she's unavailable later this summer.

Starring in a TV show and the mom of two kids under two. Even with nannies that sounds completely exhausting. (OTOH, this is the woman who had enough energy to be Palin-rappin' a week before she had the first youngun. )

vCash
    for Castle!!! I love that show!

vCash
    There was already talk that next season will actually have the cast go backwards in time (5 years+) with William Walker still alive (thus Tom Skerritt comes back).
    I don't watch this show, but I read an interview with the producer that they are planning on jumping forward a year. That way they can bypass the aftermath of a major character leaving. They definitely are going forward, since Giles Marini will be a regular next year.

It's too bad, because I love Tom Skerritt.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    I don't watch this show, but I read an interview with the producer that they are planning on jumping forward a year. That way they can bypass the aftermath of a major character leaving. They definitely are going forward, since Giles Marini will be a regular next year.

It's too bad, because I love Tom Skerritt.
    I read the same thing about Brothers & Sisters moving forward one year. I wouldn't mind seeing how the family was when William was alive but maybe they can just do a flashback somehow to that time.

I'm nervous for V and Flashforward. I don't watch too many shows anymore but those are two of my faves. IMO, they both suffered due to the long breaks they had around the Olympics and I hope ABC gives them a chance to have a second season to see if they can grow their fanbases with regular airings. I don't feel like either show got a fair chance with those long haituses this year. Quite frankly, V wasn't even supposed to start airing until this past winter or spring, so they didn't do the show any favors by starting it early and then yanking it off the air just when it was starting to find a steady audience.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I routing for V & Flashforward! I love both these shows! Hope I get great news about them soooooon. *knock on wood*

vCash
    I hate when shows to time jumps, so I'm disappointed about B&S. It would have made more sense to go back rather than forward though, so Rob Lowe's absence wouldn't have to be explained and Callista's reduced screentime could be explained by Kitty living in NYC.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Criminal Minds has been winning Wednesday nights pretty consistantly this season, so I'm pretty sure it's safe.

vCash
    I didn't realize Rob Lowe had left B/S....

vCash
    Aw, Rob Lowe is leaving Brothers & Sisters? He was so great in that show, really a breath of fresh air. I'll never forget the episode where his character told off all the Walkers, told them they needed a filter on their mouth, all of 'em.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I didn't realize Rob Lowe had left B/S....
    He hasn't actually left yet. I think he's leaving after this season is over.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I do kind of like Mercy, I think they should give the show a chance. I found Cold Case getting as dull as dishwater. In the beginning, it was good, but it's jumped that proverbial shark for me; don't know when, it just did. That leading lady, Kathryn Morris, acts as if she's on some sort of drug.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Criminal Minds has been winning Wednesday nights pretty consistantly this season, so I'm pretty sure it's safe.
    It better be or it's WAR!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    He hasn't actually left yet. I think he's leaving after this season is over.
    Yes, that's correct. The reason for his leaving is he feels he's not getting utilized enough and requested to leave. ABC claims it was for budgetary reasons. So maybe it was mutually beneficial?

But he isn't disappearing. He's going to join Parks & Recreation. I haven't even heard of this show (I'm a bit of an ABC snob), but I might have to watch a few episodes, as it sounds promising.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I do kind of like Mercy, I think they should give the show a chance. I found Cold Case getting as dull as dishwater. In the beginning, it was good, but it's jumped that proverbial shark for me; don't know when, it just did. That leading lady, Kathryn Morris, acts as if she's on some sort of drug.
    I semi like Mercy too!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast