Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

vCash

TV Shows Cancelled, Renewed, and New - US Network TV Upfronts

It's approaching upfront time again, and the US tv networks have begun announcing renewals, cancellations, and new series for next year.

TV shows felt by many to be in danger of cancellation: V, Flash Forward, One Tree Hill, Medium, Caprica, Cold Case, Life Unexpected, Heroes, Numbers, Mercy, Trauma, Melrose Place, Better Off Ted.

I think Numbers is gone. David K. has already found a new job on another series.

TV shows already announced as ending or cancelled: 24, Ugly Betty, Til Death, Scrubs (again), Past Life, Lost, Hank, Sons of Tucson, Eastwick, Dollhouse.

Shows already renewed include: Castle, Cougartown, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Gossip Girl, Smallville, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, American Idol, Fringe, Glee, Community (YIPPEEEE!!!!).

The dates of the upfront presentations this year, when all will be revealed:

Monday, May 17
    NBC (Morning)
    FOX (Afternoon)

Tuesday, May 18
    ABC (Afternoon)

Wednesday, May 19
    CBS (Afternoon)

Thursday, May 20
    The CW (Morning)
    Use Yah Blinkah!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm hoping that at least one of V or Flash Forward will be renewed. I also want to see more of Caprica. Heroes got better at the end of the season but they still pretty much lost me last season.

I also hope Medium survives I lurve me some Allison DuBois.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I am so glad Castle got renewed and I am very hopeful that both V and Flashforward will also be renewed. I read somewhere about some of the ideas for V's 2nd season that the folks behind the series are planning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

I also hope Medium survives I lurve me some Allison DuBois.
    Medium's doing well in the ratings, but it's been on for so long that it's gotten expensive. That's never a good thing.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    V and Flash Forward can go for all I care. I tried, I really did, but they could not hold my attention.

Really glad Community is renewed. I hope The Good Wife is picked up again as well as Modern Family. I doubt either of those will be in any danger, though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I never heard about Up Front before. Whatever it is if it gives me 411 I am happy.

Any work on The Good Wife and Damages. I don't think TGW has any concerns, but Damages ended as though it could be OVER.

Numbers doesn't surprise me. After the first couple of years, it lost it's "real" feel, and became so technical (but more complicated to be complicated ), my husband and I never understood what was going on, but we always figured it had been a "good show".
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Any news on Brothers and Sisters? Last I checked the ratings were slipping. I was kind of worried.

vCash
    I hope V stays. I love that show and it is starting to get really really good. Glad that Vampire Diaries is staying and same with Gossip Girl. I know sad that I like them...haha.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I hope The Good Wife is picked up again as well as Modern Family. I doubt either of those will be in any danger, though.
    The Good Wife has been renewed. I don't know about Modern Family. I'll look it up.

ETA: Modern Family has been renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Any news on Brothers and Sisters? Last I checked the ratings were slipping. I was kind of worried.
    Renewed!

Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    I never heard about Up Front before. Whatever it is if it gives me 411 I am happy.
    The Upfronts happen in NYC every May. They're when the network channels present their fall schedules to their advertisers. They announce launch dates for new fall and mid-season shows, and show previews of the shows.

These are huge presentations that take place in, for example, Lincoln Center or Carnegie Hall. There's often a major person presenting, skits and musical numbers, and guest appearances from stars, etc.

There's often a party afterwards, where the advertisers get to mingle with the stars of some of the shows on the network, get their pictures taken with the cast of Lost, etc.

Example of one such photo:
    http://photos1.blogger.com/img/77/5935/640/Lost1.jpg

Bet you can tell who the advertiser is. And since then said advertiser has learned to do as the actresses do - you stand sideways for photos, so as not to look as large as a house.

And give me a break. I'd just had a baby. But yes, it was this upfront photo that prompted me to try to get fitter, as I saw it and realized that I was three times the size of the woman who plays Claire. Sigh.
    Last edited by GarrAarghHrumph; 05-07-2010 at 02:45 AM.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    TV shows already announced as ending or cancelled: 24, Ugly Betty, Til Death, Scrubs (again), Past Life, Lost, Hank, Sons of Tucson, Eastwick, Dollhouse.
    Almost seems like the end of era with a lot of those shows.

I'm really glad The Good Wife was picked up again. It is a really good show, and Julianna Margulies is an amazing actress.

vCash
    There was a legal show that was on around the time of the Olympics, The Deep End (I think?). I wonder if that'll come back again, I really enjoyed it.

Glad to hear about Brothers & Sisters it's one of 2 shows I make sure I never miss. (the other being House)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    I'm really glad The Good Wife was picked up again. It is a really good show, and Julianna Margulies is an amazing actress.
    Me too. I really enjoy it and I'm glad it's doing well.

vCash

Cougartown, Community
    That must mean then both "Parks and Recreation" and "The Middle" may be in trouble if these two are being renewed.

Glad to hear about Brothers & Sisters it's one of 2 shows I make sure I never miss. (the other being House)
    There was already talk that next season will actually have the cast go backwards in time (5 years+) with William Walker still alive (thus Tom Skerritt comes back).

vCash
    The Good Wife has been renewed.
    glad, it is a good show. in some ways a typical procedural law show, but the whole thing with chris noth's character/situation, and the great acting, I really enjoy this show.

vCash
    If "Numbers" is gone, I'm very sad.
    Charlie Epps and his family are wonderful.

I'm glad that David Krumholtz has found another series.
    I recently saw a very early episode of "Law and Order" in which he appeared.
    He is a teriffic actor.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 05-07-2010 at 05:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    That must mean then both "Parks and Recreation" and "The Middle" may be in trouble if these two are being renewed.
    Both have actually already been renewed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_E View Post
    Both have actually already been renewed.
    Thanks! I was expecting ABC/NBC to change those nightly blocks at least a little bit, but it appears it's status quo for next year.

vCash
    I like Mercy and Trama (Trama a bit more) and I like Flashforward.

vCash
    The new shows I really cared about (Cougartown, The Vampire Diaries) are safe, so I'm okay. Add in Glee, Modern Family, V and Flashforward, this has been a very strong season for new shows. If both V and Flashforward are done, I'll live, although I probably prefer V.

vCash
    Does this mean Criminal Minds is safe for next season?

CM's the only prime Time show I watch semi-regularly.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast