Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryharry View Post
    OMG it's ridiculous.. hahaha

I'm a big fan of Mao but it's soooooo obvious that it's A RULE FOR HER.

3S: 4.2, <I>4.5</I> (-0.3)

3Lo: 5.1, <I>5.0</I> (+0.1)

3F: 5.3, <I>5.5</I> (-0.2)

3Lz: 6.0, <I>6.0</I> (no change)-no change?? I don't get it..

3A: 8.5, <I>8.2</I> (+0.3)- up AGAIN???
    and etc etc etc

Well I think it's not good for the u.s ladies apparently..like Mirai nagasu.
    she had a slight chance of winning but now...I don't think she can bit mao
    Actually Mirai will also benefit from the new under-rotate/downgrade rule

vCash
    What my friends said over .
    - Soccer fan: Hit the goal post then it's an intermediate goal and 0.7 point.
    - Basketball fan: Hit the rim out of 3 points line then it's an intermediate goal and 2 point. Hitting the back board, 1 point. Out of half line?? Well.. 4 and 3 each.
    - Baseball fan: Fly out near the warning track... It's an intermediate home run and (1 + Runner(s)) * 0.7 point.
    - Football fan: Failed touchdown 5yds away from the opposite end zone.. It's an intermediate touchdown and 4.2 point.

Easy! easy! Just jokes from other sport fans.

vCash
    Just my curiosity...

What would be the over rotated double or triple jumps?
    Underrotated triples or quads? or just turn over?

vCash

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    - Basketball fan: Hit the rim out of 3 points line then it's an intermediate goal and 2 point. Hitting the back board, 1 point. Out of half line?? Well.. 4 and 3 each.
    - Baseball fan: Fly out near the warning track... It's an intermediate home run and (1 + Runner(s)) * 0.7 point.
    - Football fan: Failed touchdown 5yds away from the opposite end zone.. It's an intermediate touchdown and 4.2 point.

Can't believe this comedy is really happening in FS

vCash

The difference though is while fouls etc may happen and be called. Its pretty obvious when the soccor ball goes in the goal, or the basketball goes in the hoop. When it comes to underrotated jumps, its a lot more subjective.

vCash
    Yay, the trolls are crawling out of the woodwork

The difference between baseball/football/etc and figure skating is that figure skating is judged. It's really not a valid comparison.
    Last edited by oleada; 05-07-2010 at 06:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Yay, the trolls are crawling out of the woodwork :eyeroll:
    It is the off season.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Yay, the trolls are crawling out of the woodwork

The difference between baseball/football/etc and figure skating is that figure skating is judged. It's really not a valid comparison.
    Truly, that's why I called them jokes.
    And the sports also have judges(or Referees) moving here and there.

Any Idea for my curiosity?
    What would be the over rotated double or triple jumps?
    Underrotated triples or quads? or just turn over?

vCash
    Do you guys remember the poll "When will Yuna Kim's record score(228.56) be broken"?

Now, no one has chance to close the record..
    Just wait for the next rule change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Skaters will now enable to perform more interesting and spectacular sequences without having to worry about the features.

I like this a lot as well.
    However, I'm not clear on something: is this rule for an "extra" stepsequence in the program? Does the first one get the levels?
    Is this a replacement? Could a skater perform 2 step sequences?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millyskate View Post
    Just wait for the next rule change
    Or wait and see if Mishin's Elizaveta makes it past puberty. She has 3/3s that we've all seen and reportedly has the 3axel in practice. With the new rules in place, a lady with all the triples, a 3axel and a 3/3 could dominate.

vCash

Sports you listed actually have large fan bases, while figure skating is in desperate need for more maoney.

It's not really going to matter.
    Even with proposed rules, margin of victory in Vancouver would be over 15 points.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 05-07-2010 at 07:28 AM.

vCash
    Loving the proposals (so far).

The "<" and "<<" distinction and freedom to award GOE is encouraging for Nagasu and Czisny (and Wagner to a lesser extent). And obviously very helpful for Asada and Ando (and the bunch of young Russian girls if this rule was to stay til Sochi). Sigh, Nakano retired too early.

Now Mao can do a 3flip3toe, 3axel and 3loop to counter Kim's 3lutz3toe, 3flip and 2axel + crazy GOEs. Ando's 3lutz3loop will likely return. However, with everyone trying 3/3s again, GOE will continue to be of importance for placement. I don't think Kim is doomed just yet but I don't think she can ever win comfortably just based on her sp lead alone now.

I think part of the reason for decreasing the value of the sal and flip, besides to bring them closer in value to the toe and loop, is to slightly counter the advantage of counting half loop sal/ flip as a combo.

I am very glad they are attaching more importance and value (if ever so slightly) to the camel and layback, and then less value to sit, and downplaying upright altogether. It's about time we lose those spin layouts with 90% of sit positions collecting all the features. And on getting rid of COE on the back sit and on all upright spins!

I love you can only collect 2 features on each foot now and most importantly you can no long repeat backward entry, any COE and any difficult variation as a feature! I wish the rules were a bit clearer though. What if I did back (or COE) camel on my first spin and back (or COE) sit on my second? Can I count both?

Hopefully we can finally see interesting, complex but non-repetitive spins next season.

I think getting rid of the ! and the mandatory negative GOE means Asada and Wagner can (and should) keep their flutz because they were able to do very difficult steps directly into it before.

I think it can be a little counter-intuitive to lessen the penalty on mistakes (cheated rotations and wrong edge takeoffs) but I hope this also means they will reward proper technique more (fully rotated jumps and correct takeoffs ala Kim).

In any event I think it's safe to say Lepisto is doomed unless she started to (semi)rotate

that there is still no thoughts on encouraging jumping variety and applying PCS properly.

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    I think GOE has been playing too big a factor recently. So much that competitions can be won by racking up GOE points. The new rules are taking base values of jumps into more consideration, which balances things out a bit. And I don't think the execution of a double can be compared to the execution of a triple jump. Just because a skater executes good doubles doesn't mean they are capable of executing good triples.
    ETA: I just saw the 30% reduction in GOEs for triples san axel.

Rewarding difficulty is one thing. Not rewarding quality is another. I would probably be OK with either one or the other proposal but not both at the same time.

Now I think Kim is doomed.

I wish the coming Worlds is won by Stojko-esque and Bonaly-esque skaters. Difficulty my arse.
    Last edited by Marco; 05-07-2010 at 08:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Well sadly it's not a rule but a reminder that the judges will just ignore.

Could judges also be reminded that PCS scores have actual guidelines?
    These two things bug me so much. Kostner and Plushenko

Skaters will now enable to perform more interesting and spectacular sequences without having to worry about the features.
    I haven't seen a step sequence done with natural flow and actual musicality in quite some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eyh201 View Post
    Finally the rules are changed the way the Japanese media reported.
    Who did you think pushed for those rules in the first place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwantumleap View Post
    Would Evan have won the Olympics or even been top 2 with this system?
    Evan and Plushenko shouldn't have been gold and silver medalists repsectively under the CURRENT system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    The new jump base values seem so odd to me. Why did the values of 1A and all the double jumps go up when they're considered easier, yet the values of some of the triple jumps, like flip and Salchow, and the 2A went down when they're considered more difficult? Makes no sense!
    Easier and more difficult than what? Doubles are still worth less than triples. They are just adjusting the values of these jumps and this probably has something to do with the 1.1 combination bonus and the half loop sal/flip proposals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Who did you think pushed for those rules in the first place
    With one of their own on the technical committee, it's not surprising the ISU quickly adopted those changes, no vote required at the Barcelona Congress.

vCash
    1.1% bonus for jumps done after the halfway point plus 1.1% bonus for combos probably means even more jumps after the halfway point. I mean starting with a jump is traditional and may get the skaters mind right into the competition but with these bonuses now what is going to be the difficulty level of that opening jump or jumps as everyone saves energy for after the halfway point where there is just a total bonanza of free points available in every single direction! Triple axel double toe combo was already worth over 10 points after the halfway point with positive GOE and now there would be more bonus points for it! Well no one will know anything until the first competition under this system and I hope Patrick Chan, Brezina, Contesti, are a part of it for obvious reasons.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast