Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Yay! They deleted "difficult variation of lady's position" as a feature for death spirals, and clarified that both man and lady must be in low position for level features! No more ugly catch-foot spirals.

Again, does anyone know what a Pivot Figure is? The base value is lower than a level1 death spiral, so it must be easy, right?

Oh Amen.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    The new jump base values seem so odd to me. Why did the values of 1A and all the double jumps go up when they're considered easier, yet the values of some of the triple jumps, like flip and Salchow, and the 2A went down when they're considered more difficult? Makes no sense!

vCash
    Yay! They deleted "difficult variation of lady's position" as a feature for death spirals, and clarified that both man and lady must be in low position for level features! No more ugly catch-foot spirals.

Again, does anyone know what a Pivot Figure is? The base value is lower than a level1 death spiral, so it must be easy, right?

__________________________________________________ ______
    Read my danish figure skating blog www.sequinsgalore.blogspot.com
    And good for skaters. Hallelujah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    The new jump values seem so odd to me. Why did the values of 1A and all the double jumps go up when they're considered easier, yet the values of some of the triple jumps, like flip and Salchow, and the 2A went down when they're considered more difficult? Makes no sense!
    After Lepisto's bronze, I can imagine there will be many who won't be happy with this.

vCash
    The boy does a pivot holding the hand of the girl doing a spiral around him, so it's an easier position for the girl than a death spiral and requires less strength from the boy. It's often used in juvenile and lower pair competitions in the US.

That the ISU is adding it to their scale of values suggests that they may expect to see it in international competition, perhaps from new pair teams at the junior or novice levels who haven't mastered death spirals yet. Or just that they want to give guidelines to the federations on how to score that move at lower levels.

vCash
    Would Evan have won the Olympics or even been top 2 with this system?

vCash
    Great let's give even more value to cheated jumps just because people whine about it without backing it up with anything.

Meh.

vCash
    this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard since I watch this sports.

Anyway, what's the point of this rule changing?
    Is there a particular skater who can't skate without changing the whole system of figure skating?

Just absurd..omg
    People who submitted about this change should do their own competition.

I mean, this is a huge joke.
    If this is really happening, do the football players get a half point when they shoot the ball right at the goal post?

Uhh
    If This is really going to happen, I don't want to see any of figure skating competition, ever.

hope I could see the pro competition revive by Scott and other skaters.
    That would be so much fun and worth to look.
    Last edited by pearlsister; 05-07-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: spell check

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    The new jump base values seem so odd to me. Why did the values of 1A and all the double jumps go up when they're considered easier, yet the values of some of the triple jumps, like flip and Salchow, and the 2A went down when they're considered more difficult? Makes no sense!
    I can't address your point about the 3's as compared to the 2's, but I am absolutely thrilled with the changes for the 1A and 2's as compared to the singles, as well as the spin and spiral changes. IJS doesn't just apply to the senior elites and the system as it was set up for the elites was actually skewing things at the lower levels, if looking at the US Adult Nationals were any indication. Skaters were jumping below test levels, relying on flexibility or repetition in spins and spirals to carry them to high placements and it worked. That inequity is now gone.
    Last edited by sk8er1964; 05-07-2010 at 02:54 AM.

vCash
    Finally the rules are changed the way the Japanese media reported.

vCash
    Oh! Maybe I should think about competing.
    I could get points if I do the under-rotated jumps!

Yeah! It is quite a news for many people who doesn't do the full rotated jumps, isn't it?
    What a mess...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    I think this is the Ziggy rule.

Well sadly it's not a rule but a reminder that the judges will just ignore.

Could judges also be reminded that PCS scores have actual guidelines?

Would be nice.

I like the spin changes.

At first I was against not calling second steps and spirals but after thinking it through, it's a very good move.

Skaters will now enable to perform more interesting and spectacular sequences without having to worry about the features.

vCash
    Key:
    Jump: new base value, old base value (change in value)

Triples (toe through axel)
    Base Values
    3T: 4.1, 4.0 (+0.1)
    3S: 4.2, 4.5 (-0.3)
    3Lo: 5.1, 5.0 (+0.1)
    3F: 5.3, 5.5 (-0.2)
    3Lz: 6.0, 6.0 (no change)
    3A: 8.5, 8.2 (+0.3)
    Is there any explanation about the changes of the base value in the ISU communication?

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eyh201 View Post
    Is there any explanation about the changes of the base value in the ISU communication?
    No explanation is given, but I know some felt previously that a 3S was not 0.5 points harder than a 3T, so now the difference between them is less. I can understand why the loop got a boost but I am not so sure why the flip was decreased in value. It seems like they started with a 3Lz being worth 6 points and adjusted downwards from that point until they got to 3T.

vCash
    No explanation is given, but I know some felt previously that a 3S was not 0.5 points harder than a 3T, so now the difference between them is less. I can understand why the loop got a boost but I am not so sure why the flip was decreased in value. It seems like they started with a 3Lz being worth 6 points and adjusted downwards from that point until they got to 3T.
    Well, I think additional points should be given to the skaters who correctly jump both of the 3Lz & 3F.

In fact, there are a handful of skaters who correctly jump both of them. It means it's very hard to get both techniques. But unfortunately such a reality is not reflected in the rules.

I think the variety of the jumping techniques should be more favored in the new rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eyh201 View Post
    Well, I think additional points should be given to the skaters who correctly jump both of the 3Lz & 3F.

In fact, there are a handful of skaters who correctly jump both of them. It means it's very hard to get both techniques. But unfortunately such a reality is not reflected in the rules.

I think the variety of the jumping techniques should be more considered in the new rule.
    They already do. It's called "no deductions." ;P

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I think bonus points should go to skaters who can do all the types of jumps in one program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    I think bonus points should go to skaters who can do all the types of jumps in one program.
    Yeah I think it would be a good idea.

Limiting the number of 2axels to two and enabling skaters to perform half-loop combinations is going to help with this a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    ITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yeah I think it would be a good idea.

Limiting the number of 2axels to two and enabling skaters to perform half-loop combinations is going to help with this a bit.
    Maybe the variety of 3-3 jumps could be decreased if skaters opt for half-loop combinations in the next season.

vCash
    OMG it's ridiculous.. hahaha

I'm a big fan of Mao but it's soooooo obvious that it's A RULE FOR HER.

3S: 4.2, <I>4.5</I> (-0.3)

3Lo: 5.1, <I>5.0</I> (+0.1)

3F: 5.3, <I>5.5</I> (-0.2)

3Lz: 6.0, <I>6.0</I> (no change)-no change?? I don't get it..

3A: 8.5, <I>8.2</I> (+0.3)- up AGAIN???
    and etc etc etc

Well I think it's not good for the u.s ladies apparently..like Mirai nagasu.
    She had a slight chance of winning but now...I don't think she can bit mao
    Last edited by Harryharry; 05-07-2010 at 07:41 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast