vCash

20th Annual Motown Celebration of Adult Figure Skating

The Detroit Skating Club is once again hosting it's annual Motown Tango Dance weekend on June 25 - 27 at the Detroit Skating Club in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Like last year, they will also be hosting freestyle clinics on Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday Spins and Footwork clinic will be taught by Alissa and Amber Czisny. The Saturday Style on Ice and Jumping Fundamentals clinic will be taught by Yuka Sato and Jeremy Abbott.

There will also be an Intro to School Figures seminar on Saturday morning and an ice dance seminar on Friday afternoon.

Additional details can be found on the DSC website at www.dscclub.com.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageless View Post
    The Saturday Spins and Footwork clinic will be taught by Alissa and Amber Czisny. The Saturday Style on Ice and Jumping Fundamentals clinic will be taught by Yuka Sato and Jeremy Abbott.

I sure wish I 1) lived closer to Detroit, 2) didn't have my club's big comp the same weekend, and 3) wasn't *just* getting back on the ice after a 6-month injury 'timeout'

I would love to read reports from those who attend.

vCash
    This was an amazing clinic last year. They've also added a Figures clinic Saturday morning which the OP didn't mention at the request of last year's attendees. It's being taught by Seth Chafetz, who also teaches an Ice Dance seminar on Friday.

I can't go this year (injury and lack of vacation time) but man I wish I could. It was great- the social dancing sure looked like a lot of fun too!