Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    I have been SO impressed by what I have seen of Cassar's skating on YouTube.

Frank Carroll doesn't strike me as the kind of coach who makes skaters fit into his own rigid style OR ELSE (except maybe in lame overused music choices ), but Cassar looks like a pretty individualistic skater with a lot of creativity and a strong idea of what works for him. I hope that Carroll will respect that and help him continue that way, rather than be a "my way or the highway" dictator-type coach.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I know "El Tango de Roxanne" is overused by now, but I'm excited to see his new SP to it. Quite frankly, even if he does end up saddled with C*rmen at some point he could make it interesting not that I'm suggesting it for him.
    he could make Baby Got Back work, I'm not worried about the music
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I'm happy about this, hope it goes well. Cassar is a beautiful skater, I hope Frank can get his TES up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    This is even more intriguing from the perspective that Frank Carroll does not appear to be winding down his coaching practice. He is continuing to take on young skaters who will hopefully be at the next Olympics.
    Is Jonathan considered a young skater. I think he's 23. I hope he is able to add technical difficulty and really make a splash this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I just love his trademark DEEP inside edge spread eagle!
    me too!!

Off to watch Jonathan Cassar vids on youtube!!

vCash
    Heh, maybe Frank Carroll just wants to drool over Jonathan's spread eagle every day, in person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Off to watch Jonathan Cassar vids on youtube!!
    For those who haven't watched Cassar's "Schindler's List" FS from this past season (or just want to rewatch it), there are 2009 Liberty and Skate Detroit youtube links posted in an earlier gush thread about this program : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69029

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Love it! I hope Frank can help Jonathan find more consistancy with his jumps and I look forward to seeing his skating this year.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Except I don't really think of Frank as one of the "jump doctor" coaches. Even some of Frank's best skaters (like Michelle and Evan) have gone to work with Raphael Artunian when they wanted some help tweaking their jump technique.

RA would seem like a good potential full-time coach for Alissa, but the geography is impossible for that to work. Can't imagine her leaving the comfort zone of where she lives now. Then again, she parted with J Berlin and many were surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geod2 View Post
    RA would seem like a good potential full-time coach for Alissa, but the geography is impossible for that to work. Can't imagine her leaving the comfort zone of where she lives now. Then again, she parted with J Berlin and many were surprised.
    Alissa has been working with Yuka Sato recently, so I assume that is who her new coach will be. I have heard she only thinks she will continue competing for one more season so making a major move to California for one season seems a bit silly.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    It would be great if Cassar could add the triple axel, but even if that's not possible, getting more consistent with the jumps he does have could allow respectable national and international results.
    I agree you really need that jump to play with the BIG boys, yes I know Quads help but the 3 axel is the jump preferred by judges.

I like this move, Frank has the ability to create champions and Jonathan can be a champion, his age does concern me a bit but given hard work and some luck and consistancy he could do well!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Cassar's new journal entry (May 11): http://figureskatersonline.com/jonat...r/journal3.htm

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Cassar talks more about the coaching change to Carroll in the latest Sarah and Drew icenetwork blog:
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "I didn't know where I was going," he said. "I went out to L.A. for two weeks, and from day one I really enjoyed it and I thought to myself, 'I'm in the position where I can take this opportunity now.' There's no way that I can further my skating career without a triple Axel, it just isn't feasible. Mr. Carroll is extremely particular about technique. I felt like I was picking up a lot of information and I had the urge to learn more. He definitely helped me with the triple Axel, although I still have to work on it. He sort of re-taught me every jump."

vCash

Cassar is one of my absolute faves... and like TBH I, too, am sad I won't be able to see him at DSC stuff anymore... but I luuuuurves his skating. If he can get the jumps there's no other male in the world with his natural grace... he has gobs of musicality just oozing out of him at all times.

vCash
    OMG who isn't going to Frank nowadays? I have no idea how he handles all of these students.

vCash
    And he is possibly keeping his Schindler's List LP for another year!

vCash
    You mean Men have not yet got an order to be " uplifting'?
    Thrilled that Jonathan is continuing to skate and seeking improvement in jumps, and his LP from last year is an amazing piece of art.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    You mean Men have not yet got an order to be " uplifting'?
    Thrilled that Jonathan is continuing to skate and seeking improvement in jumps, and his LP from last year is an amazing piece of art.
    And with a 3 axel and Carroll's guidance it will be a winner!!!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Yay! I loved that program, with more technical content Cassar could be competitive for medals in the men's event.

vCash
    Looks like Jonathan is starting his move...

https://twitter.com/Jonnaye05

vCash
    Oooh, this is an exciting match-up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast