Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    So Frank still "coaches" Kostner, according to the article

a may 7th USFS article says Czisny has changed to Sato and Jason

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=44593&type=media
    Last edited by Iceman; 05-23-2010 at 11:36 AM.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Hmmm, I've never seen Cassar's skating, but judging by that picture of the deep edge spread eagle and the passion he appears to be expressing while doing that beautiful move, he has more artistic presence in his pinky finger than Lysacek does in his entire body. He may be a skater I can get into, but I'll actually have to see him in motion first. Very interesting though. Thanks for sharing!

ETA: Ok, I just saw his LP from this year's Nationals and yes, he's definitely more artistic than Lysacek. He's of the Abbott/Rippon/pre-2007 Weir mold. He also bears a resemblance to Jake Gyllenhaal, so there's another reason to cheer for him!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 05-23-2010 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    WOW, that's a good news. I love Jonathan's style.
    I hope Frank will change his Flip technique.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Hmmm, I've never seen Cassar's skating, but judging by that picture of the deep edge spread eagle and the passion he appears to be expressing while doing that beautiful move, he has more artistic presence in his pinky finger than Lysacek does in his entire body. He may be a skater I can get into, but I'll actually have to see him in motion first. Very interesting though. Thanks for sharing!

ETA: Ok, I just saw his LP from this year's Nationals and yes, he's definitely more artistic than Lysacek. He's of the Abbott/Rippon/pre-2007 Weir mold. He also bears a resemblance to Jake Gyllenhaal, so there's another reason to cheer for him!
    Well, so does Czisny, and it doesn't mean she can jump consistently either. Nice to cheer for him -- but unless Frank works some extreme magic, I'd be surprised if his jumping suddenly became wonderfully consistent.

vCash
    I am a little surprised to see this as I thought he trained alongside Abbott and Alyssa. I expected an announcement to come more from Mahbanoozadeh or Hochstein if they can financially manage it as isn't that the trend now to train alongside other elite level skaters? At any rate, I wish him well (add me to the list who like that strong inside spread-eagle move). Hopefully Carroll has adequate time for all of these skaters training there now.

vCash
    Mahbanoozadeh does train with an elite group in Wilmington: Ashley Wagner, Viktor Pfeiffer, Blake Rosenthal, Alex Zahradnicek, etc.

Of course he may be done with skating and off to Dartmouth in the fall, but there's been no announcement yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Mahbanoozadeh does train with an elite group in Wilmington: Ashley Wagner, Viktor Pfeiffer, Blake Rosenthal, Alex Zahradnicek, etc.

Of course he may be done with skating and off to Dartmouth in the fall, but there's been no announcement yet.
    Yikes. Somehow I think of him as about 15.

vCash
    Haha, he's actually already deferred college for a year, so I believe it's now or never if he wants to attend Dartmouth.

vCash
    Mahbanoozadeh has registered for Liberty (see Liberty comp. thread in Kiss and Cry) so it appears his decision is to continue competing.

Back on topic... It would make sense for Cassar to switch from the usually packed Mids Senior Men's field to Pacific Coasts now that he is relocating his training base to SoCal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Mahbanoozadeh has registered for Liberty (see Liberty comp. thread in Kiss and Cry) so it appears his decision is to continue competing.

Back on topic... It would make sense for Cassar to switch from the usually packed Mids Senior Men's field to Pacific Coasts now that he is relocating his training base to SoCal.
    Isn't pacific coast known to be the most difficult sectional?

Title-less
    vCash
    Traditionally MW has been the toughest for senior men, I thought.
    (I remember Jeremy Abbott not qualifying for nationals in 06)

Last season the jr single's field was pretty tough too. The Sr ladies field, otoh...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Isn't pacific coast known to be the most difficult sectional?
    Over the past few years, the Midwestern and Eastern sections have been the most competitive for senior men. At Nationals last year, five of the 12 men who had byes to the event were from Mids, and six were from Easterns.

Cassar was only 4th at Mids last season, yet placed higher at Nationals than the three men who beat him at sectionals (Johnson, Pennington and Campbell).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Traditionally MW has been the toughest for senior men, I thought.
    (I remember Jeremy Abbott not qualifying for nationals in 06)

Last season the jr single's field was pretty tough too. The Sr ladies field, otoh...
    Yeah I think I got confused with the ladies. Ladies singles at all levels seem to have a lot of talent coming from the pacific coast.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thank goodness! I adore Armin Hammer! I'm really looking forward to seeing how he improves. He's such a talented skater and a cutie!

vCash
    Re Frank taking on so many more students than usual, maybe he is shoring up his retirement portfolio, as
    many are attempting after being hit by the recession. Good for skating though. I wonder if he will coach till Sochi.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123