Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Well, yes. The point is to get attention. Clearly, they all succeeded.

They certainly aren't the first to do this. Christina's video has nothing on Madonna's Like A Prayer, which made far more of an impact and will be remembered in a way this video won't. And sex can contain violence and power. Sex has many different facets. That's just one of them.

vCash
    So I've listened to the whole "Bionic" album yesterday and it's so shockingly bad it diefies belief.

The psychocybervixen theme throughout is just desperate and the lyrics are unbelieviably vapid.

I literally cringed when she sang:
    Let's get glam, don't let the clothes wear you
    Let's get glam, it's all in how you move
    Let's get glam, don't let the clothes wear you
    Let's get glam, it's all in attitude

vCash
    So now "Bionic" has bombed both in the US (for her previous standards) and in the UK where it has just fallen from number 1 to number 29 on the Album Charts.

The biggest drop of a number one album ever and it was also the lowest selling album ever to make it to number one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So now "Bionic" has bombed both in the US (for her previous standards) and in the UK where it has just fallen from number 1 to number 29 on the Album Charts.

The biggest drop of a number one album ever and it was also the lowest selling album ever to make it to number one.
    Wow such a shame considering her vocal talent

vCash
    I dislike Not Myself Tonight and hate Woohoo. I heard her new single is "You Lost Me," which is a ballad. It's pretty, but it just seems like a cop-out. It's like they're taking the Dirrty/Beautiful route to save the album. Unfortunately, I think "You Lost Me" is way too slow and will be a dud on the radio.

I've only heard one other song, which is "Bionic." I actually really like that one, and I wish that she had released that one first.

vCash
    Yes, Bionic was not her best work. It wasn't like it was a bad album - OK, Woohoo and the song where she talks about loving herself were pretty bad. It's just that it was recycled from everything that Rihanna, Gaga, Britney and Katy Perry have done the past three years. We heard it before. I for one expected better from Christina.

Yeah, Bionic was the best song on the album. It should have been the first single.

Some of these videos get worse and worse. I remember when Britney's videos were shocking to some and now you have videos like Lady Gaga where she represents sex as violence and power. Where do you go from there? There's mass murder in her videos. It's disturbing. Not only that but the upside down crosses in Lady Gaga's videos and the illuminati type images are obvious she is just trying to get attention.
    You are spot on. I kind of laugh when I look back and think about how controversial Britney/Christina's music videos and performances were back in the day. We're bored with sexuality. It's not shocking, its not controversial. So, naturally the next step is to tackle violence, the morbid, the abominations.
    Last edited by IceJunkie; 06-23-2010 at 01:01 AM.

vCash
    So, I guess X-Tina's latest is a flop(sorta like a floppy penis that doesn't work) in all senses of the word. The album has dropped to #9 with only 40,000 units shipped this last week and all 3 of her singles have fallen off the Hot 100 chart. Woo-Hoo was especially bad IMO, referring to her lady parts as her 'Woo-hoo' comes across as childish and about as far from sexy as you can get. Only 'I'm not Myself Tonight' seems to be getting moderate club play, but I am sure that is nearly over as well.

Doesn't she have a child now? I am not saying she should totally stop trying to be sexy or shave her head and wear buddhist get up, but she could at least try to show a more mature side to her music and recognize that she is growing up and not try to cling to her former sex symbol status with her chipped drag-queen nails.

vCash
    It's a complete flop. Looks like she has cancelled the world tour too now.

vCash
    I don't understand how she could dedicate the album to her son and at the same time have a song about her "woo-hoo" on the album.

Does she have anything else to talk about besides the fact that women should not be called ho's if they sleep around, and that women should feel empowered by their sexuality? Has she not looked around and seen everyone dressing like a big old ho these days? Seems to be everyone from the age of 14 on is very comfortable being sexual. Its 2010 not 1955. She needs to talk about something else. There are women in other countires who are thrown in jail because a family member raped them. How about talk about that instead of the fact that their is a double standard and you are called a ho just because you hump your dancers leg and wear but-less chaps. who cares?

And some of the songs are embarrassing. I thought NMT was bad but then I heard Glam, Vanity, and Boys Boys Boys (or something like that, forget the name). Wow they are horrible and I cannot believe she would sing them.

I liked Back to Basics (even though it was really not 20's 30's and 40's) but she is really coming off as an idiot lately. As a women in my early 30's she is completely unrelateable. She acts like she is the only woman who enjoys sex and to be honest, I dont care what she does in her bathtub with her racey novel or how she spends her sundays screwing her husband. NEXT.
    Last edited by UGG; 06-25-2010 at 07:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    What an amazing voice. Gaga does not even come close.
    meh. She is not as loud and does not do the vocal riffs, runs, and growls, but she has a beautiful singing voice-its very broadway sounding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's a complete flop. Looks like she has cancelled the world tour too now.
    Every artist with a long career experienced a few flops along the way. She and her team just need to regroup, analyze what went wrong and determine what the next album will sound like. In the grand scheme of thing, one high-profile flop isn't going to immediately spell the end of her career.

vCash
    I believe she is an very talented singer and there IMO hasn't been a pop music singer with such a full voice and vocal range since Annie Lennox. Having said that X-Tina's content is wretched and her producers should have known better than to have attempted to best Gaga on her own ground. Even the ballads Bionic seemed flat and uninspired compared to say Beautiful from a few years back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Every artist with a long career experienced a few flops along the way. She and her team just need to regroup, analyze what went wrong and determine what the next album will sound like. In the grand scheme of thing, one high-profile flop isn't going to immediately spell the end of her career.
    I think she needs to lose the whole "different character/persona" with each album and stay with a signature sound and look, with maybe some experimental tracks on each album. She tries to hard to do the reinvention thing-none of it seems natural. She is going to run out of people to pay homage to. She just needs to be herself. During Stripped, she was a 21 year old who was insecure and liked to par-tay and I believe it was a true reflection of who she was at that time and it was a totally successful era and many people her age could relate to her. Now she just tries to hard to find a character to become.

vCash
    What's extremely annoying is that she has had AMAZING collaborators working with her on the album. She's had the opportunity to make something very daring and special. But it turned out totally bland.

Andy Gill has hit the nail on the head:

On the face of it, Christina Aguilera's fourth studio album offers plenty of intriguing potential new directions, featuring as it does collaborations with the likes of Santigold, MIA, Peaches and Le Tigre.

However, this apparent diversity simply disguises her lack of any original approach. Much of the album is taken up with the kind of android-themed electro-R&B schtick that was done to death years ago by Janet Jackson and more recently by Britney Spears: cue robotic beats, cyborg vocals and the like, combined with Aguilera's tawdry super-slut persona in tracks like "Sex for Breakfast", "Desnudate" and "Woohoo", the latter a pet name for her privates. The rest of the album is bulked out with routine R&B balladry, save for the Le Tigre collaboration "My Girls", a Sapphic anthem stomp that furnishes one of the few moments of real interest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123