Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Christina Aguilera New Video

Anyone see it for her new song Not Myself Tonight? Its really...bad. I am embarrassed for her. Not sure why she feels the need to resort to this with that voice she has...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain..._with_lea.html

You just have to wonder what is going on in her brain after watching something as amazing as this

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...you+porgy&aq=0

vCash
    OMG she's f-ing fabulous!

I can't tell you how much I adore Christina!

And she's actually doing a public service of sorts. Showing the world what real breasts looks like.

vCash
    It's kind of Gaga wannabe, which is weird because Xtina was Gaga before there was a Gaga. Meh, the whole shock value thing doesn't really work if everyone else is trying to do the same thing.

The song isn't very good either. Too bad, I kind of like her sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    It's kind of Gaga wannabe, which is weird because Xtina was Gaga before there was a Gaga.
    It seems to be far more derivative of Madonna videos to me.

vCash
    Dammit Vevo blocked it in Europe and nobody else has uploaded it yet.

vCash
    unfortunately, the video is far from being original ("Justify my love" plus "Human nature" ---> Madonna inspiration; some elements from Gaga, as well). and I absolutely hate that aggressive product placement of her perfumes .
    it's a shame b/e I like the song - catchy and sexy .

vCash
    Ok so thanks to Shah, I've watched it and I think it's a very dull, generic song. Meh.

vCash
    for those who haven't seen it yet:
    She's not herself tonight!

vCash
    Here's Xtina's live performance on Oprah:
    http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Chris...-Tonight-Video

vCash
    Well, the Gaga comparisons is pretty much inevitable. Gaga is not the first person to ever use bondage, latex, metal bars, provocative dances, male and female seduction in her creative expression. However, the comparisons happen is because it's something that Gaga is known mainstream for.

Song-wise, it's not a terrible song but a great one either. It's something that I can sit through if it comes on. Other than that, I haven't really liked a single of hers since Fighter.

vCash
    This new direction Christina is going with convinces me that she really is more of a conformist than an artist. It was fairly evident before with her previous themes, but this time she is essentially being a copy of Lady Gaga, which is funny because she was part of that whole uproar of girl on girl kissing at the MTV music awards years ago. Despite that, it still looks like she is just trying to be someone else.

vCash
    It's the same outfit from Human Nature, and a lot of the same choreography with some Bad Romance thrown in. Face, make-up, and product placement very Gaga.

The difference is, Madonna did this type of song from a position of strength and raaawwwr women power and f*&^ you haters, I'm Madonna and I'll do what I want, who I want, when I want. Gaga has some of that. Christina's song comes off more as a position of desperation, like 17-22 year old girls making out with other girls to get boys' attention. And she looks damned uncomfortable in the video too. What really bothers me though is Christina does not actually have to resort to such gimmicks--she's beautiful, a fairly good dancer (better than Gaga who should NEVER dance, though not as good as Madonna or Britney), and vocally, no one can touch her since Mariah and Whitney have forgotten they can actually sing It's a shame that someone with so much natural talent feels they have to resort to....that.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    not a fan of the song or video either.

but her voice still blows the keshas, rihannas, and katy perrys out of the water. seems like the pop fans are over her though, and its disappointing that she feels the need to resort to making such gimmicky music (but with the popularity of those three and acts like the Black Eyed Peas, it's like you have to do that to sell records) when she's capable of so much more, like here (new song she debuted a couple of days ago):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDeQ9VrXq9c

vCash
    I'm not a prude, but I thought the video was gross. Everything about it. (insert vomit smily here)

vCash
    Nope, she's definitely not herself tonight. She's some weird combination of Lady Gaga and Madonna, and then she oversexualized everything in an attempt to distance herself.

She's talented and has always been pretty good and creating images for herself, so I'm surprised that this video isn't really something new and different. She has one of the best voices on pop radio today--she should focus on that.

vCash
    I was talking with some friends after seeing it, we all came to the conclusion that our generation isn't shocked by sex anymore, and it reeks of desperation to be relevant. The reason why Gaga has become the performance artist of the moment is because she's moved beyond sexuality, to the morbid and the freakish. We are really desensitized to sexuality, so its only natural to move onto another taboo.

Either way, she looked hot and all, but ugh, I've never found her to be a performance artist. She has an amazing voice, and I'd rather hear her sing blue eyed soul or R&B than dance/pop. I just want to see her sing.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I couldn't get the official video to work but watched the Oprah performance. I thought the look was Gaga via Madonna, the voice was Whitney, and the song is....nothing but a backdrop for the staging and the vocal runs.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Not a fan of this recent reincarnation of Christina, although I do like how she always tries to bring something different to the table with every album. Maybe her second single will make up for this disappointment, like Beautiful did after Dirrty.

vCash
    I'm just kind of bored of female pop singers feeling the need to sexualize themselves to shock or get attention or whatever. Yawn. I heard a new song by Christina (not this one), and it's really, really vulgar as well as annoying. I don't even need to be shocked by anything really. Just sing well and sing a good song, and that will get my attention every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    The difference is, Madonna did this type of song from a position of strength and raaawwwr women power and f*&^ you haters, I'm Madonna and I'll do what I want, who I want, when I want.
    Plus, Madonna was doing all of this 25 years ago. That envelope has already been pushed and pushed to the point where it doesn't shock anyone anymore (unless you're a homeschooled fundamentalist kid who only recently escaped from the family compound).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast