Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Congratulations to Weir! Nice that the fans gave it him again...
    This.
    Well, don´t you think that actual skating news are more important? Besides, latest news always push down the previous ones.
    http://www.usfsa.org/
    Yes it does -- it just seemed that someone was in such a rush to put up the "latest news" that they couldn't even wait until the date of the article. If it really were so vital that it be posted yesterday, they could have at least dated it July 21.

vCash
    Skate Detroit started yesterday, the day the article was published. The same was done for Liberty last week. Personally, I think you just want to stir up some controversy. Also, it's not like the recent headlines are something to shake a stick at. They are still clearly visible on the main page.
    Last edited by Jenna; 07-22-2010 at 07:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Skate Detroit started yesterday, the day the article was published. The same was done for Liberty last week. Personally, I think you just want to stir up some controversy.
    Actually, I don't. But my eye catches nit-picky things like posting an article mid-day on July 21 with a dateline of July 22 and goes . Of course, I suppose it's possible that the writer/editor/webmaster didn't know what the correct date was yesterday.

vCash
    Congratulations to Johnny!
    The full title of the award is the "Readers' Choice Skater(s) of the Year, Michelle Kwan Trophy." The trophy is scheduled to be presented to Weir at the 2011 U.S. Championships in Greensboro, N.C.
    Oh cool, so Johnny will be at US Nationals after all!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    How the hell did he won, I'll never know. But yay for him!
    it's not difficult to understand how Johnny won because he has LEGIONS of fans who support anything he does.

Us old fans plus a very active vocal new group who love him as an Olympian who gave the best performance in Vancouver, a TV personality who is a riot and a gorgeous unique human being.

As long as it doesn't involve USFS, Johnny will get what he deserves from those who judge him honestly.

HOORAY!! He got my vote!

P.S. I dread next season without him. :-(

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    ITA! Fans should have an outlet to express their opinions of skaters, regardless of competitive results. This award provides such an outlet. I find nothing wrong with fans telling the world that they loved Johnny's performances (or, just that they love Johnny), despite others having had more competitive success.
    Absolutely. The fans have spoken!

vCash
    Congrats to Johnny!!

vCash
    Congratulations to Johnny! He definitely deserves the fan favorite award.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Congratulations to Johnny!

Oh cool, so Johnny will be at US Nationals after all!

Ha-ha!!!! I love it! BRAVO, Johnny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    How the hell did he won, I'll never know. But yay for him!
    Vote early, and vote often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattysMom2005 View Post
    it's not difficult to understand how Johnny won because he has LEGIONS of fans who support anything he does.

Us old fans plus a very active vocal new group who love him as an Olympian who gave the best performance in Vancouver, a TV personality who is a riot and a gorgeous unique human being.

As long as it doesn't involve USFS, Johnny will get what he deserves from those who judge him honestly.

HOORAY!! He got my vote!

P.S. I dread next season without him. :-(
    What she said!!!!
    Yay! The idea that they maybe tried to cover the news up as quickly as they could is kinda entertaining. Made to look wrong again PTB! I almost feel like I won an award myself.

vCash
    I don't understand the "cover up" stuff. Johnny's RC Award is still very prominent on the web site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    The idea that they maybe tried to cover the news up as quickly as they could is kinda entertaining.
    It's one of the headlines on the USFS main page. That's not a cover-up.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I haven't seen it. I was just going by what some people on here said. That's great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    I haven't seen it. I was just going by what some people on here said. That's great!
    Then maybe you could have gone and looked for yourself before throwing around conspiracy accusations.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I don't understand the "cover up" stuff. Johnny's RC Award is still very prominent on the web site.
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    It's one of the headlines on the USFS main page. That's not a cover-up.
    I never claimed there was any sort of "cover up". I commented on how it was pushed down from the top story very quickly by another story (which was dated a day later than when it appeared). I was rather bemused by what appeared to me as inordinate haste on the part of the USFS to not have it be the top story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I never claimed there was any sort of "cover up". I commented on how it was pushed down from the top story very quickly by another story (which was dated a day later than when it appeared). I was rather bemused by what appeared to me as inordinate haste on the part of the USFS to not have it be the top story.
    You did not say anything about a "cover up", it was other posts .

Quadless
    vCash
    Then maybe you could have gone and looked for yourself before throwing around conspiracy accusations.
    It's FSU - the forum that put the 'k' in konspiracy.

"I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    You're such a sweetheart. I love your posts. Who would I spar with if you weren't here my little curmudgeon?!

vCash

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast