Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    My first 3D was year ago on an Imax screen in science museum and the quality was awful. Imax was good but the 3D made everything so blurred.

My second 3D experience was Avatar and it was much better. Cristal clear pictures and very neat 3D effect. I saw it on a normal screen, wishing there had been a true Imax movie theater near me that actual show current movies.

The third 3D movie was Alice in Wonderland. 3D or not, it was a total let down. Dumb script, meaningless plot, and plain acting.

I heard lots of good things about "how to train your dragon" in 3D so I am thinking I may want to test out my luck next with that movie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    I actually loved Avatar in IMAX 3D, but I think it is a waste for most films. I did really want to see an IMAX 3D documentary about the Hubble telescope. The trailer was astonishing, as the 3D effects made you feel like you really were in space.
    I actually heard from a co-worker that a lot of the hubble telescope IMAX film was computer generated, and not enough space visuals to make it worth it for her.

Back to topic, I don't like 3D either. It gives me a headache and just seems like a way to charge five dollars more for a movie.

vCash
    I like 3D. How To Train Your Dragon was really well done, but then I like the feeling of moving with the picture. I love the rides at amusement parks where your seat moves along with the 3D. I guess I'm in the minority though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12