Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Nicole had something off with her waltz. I think someone upthread mentioned her posture--I don't htink she's toned enough in her core. She's not supporting herself and that could be causing the 'hunch' in cha cha, too.
    Although the timing was good and the tech was there, I thought the expression was forced and slightly mechanical. The waltz never made it into her face either, IMO. Nor did the cha-cha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Access Hollywood reports that Julianne Hough is returning next season. Personally, while I liked her paired with Apollo and Helio, she was beginning to annoy me as the dances seemed to be all about her at the end. I wouldn't mind if she took another season off, and took her brother with her.
    I'd be happy to see Julianne back. Derek can still leave though (and take Mark with him).

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenlyon60 View Post
    Although the timing was good and the tech was there, I thought the expression was forced and slightly mechanical. The waltz never made it into her face either, IMO. Nor did the cha-cha.
    Didn't care for that pale pink lipstick either. She's very pretty, and that paleness did not suit her, at least not in that shade. I've already established that I am not her fan, but I will refrain from any further negativity......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post

If anyone's interested, here's how the judges votes are factored into the final total:

Following this formula, the judges gave out 311 "total points" this week. Here's the breakdown for the scores (without the viewer phone, text and online votes factored in yet):

1) Evan (17.36%)
    1) Nicole (17.36%)
    3) Chad (16.72%)
    4) Erin (16.40%)
    4) Pamela (16.40%)
    6) Niecy (15.76%)
    That the thing - I doubt that the fan voting margins between the contestants are as close as compared to the judges score distribution. In fact, the group cha-cha only bunched the contestants closer together rather than create separation.

For example, Niecy only needs 1.6% more fan votes to displace Evan.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    From the review:

It's almost like the judges and producers agreed to not pimp Chad for a certain number of weeks so that he wouldn't develop a big head. It worked! But instead he's ''flaunting it'' via diamond-rich gifts to Cheryl. It's so uncomfortable to sit around and have no choice but to hear about them. Just put the necklace in front if you're going to show it to us anyway!
    I've had enough of the diamonds, myself.

vCash
    I just worry that people think Evan is safe and vote for someone else they like who they think is in more danger. I hope I'm proven wrong!
    I worry the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    That the thing - I doubt that the fan voting margins between the contestants are as close as compared to the judges score distribution. In fact, the group cha-cha only bunched the contestants closer together rather than create separation.

For example, Niecy only needs 1.6% more fan votes to displace Evan.

Yes -- instead of a 30 getting Evan a big lead on the bottom of the field, the way the judges scores worked this week is that the judges have effectively left the decision to the audience. I'm nervous for him. (My guess is that if he, Nicole or Erin end up leaving tonight that they'll think long and hard about having the judges do this again anytime soon.)

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I'm definitely worried.

Spoiler

Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Access Hollywood reports that Julianne Hough is returning next season. Personally, while I liked her paired with Apollo and Helio, she was beginning to annoy me as the dances seemed to be all about her at the end. I wouldn't mind if she took another season off, and took her brother with her.
    I luuuuuuuurve Julianne, I'm so happy she's coming back. Although I have to agree that I didn't like her in the last season she was part of, but honestly I think most of that was she was dancing with her boyfriend at the time and the came out. I think she really only took time off because she ended up with a few hits on the country charts and decided to ride that wave out while she could.. I think she had always planned on returning to the show. I saw her in concert, she's an excellent singer and performer. I wonder where the source came from that she and Chuck broke up 'shortly after' their elimination from the show? When I saw her in July he was there with her.

On to last night...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE Pam. So much... I gave her all my phone votes when my friend texted me at work and said she got the lowest score in the individual dances.
    Niecy makes me laugh sooo much, and I was surprised how light her quickstep was. And compared to the start of the season, you can tell how much dancing has helped her figure, she looks great!
    Absolutely love Erin's attitude, and she's improved so much in the last couple of dances. And I could sit and watch her and Maks bicker all day long
    Evan was excellent! I'm so glad he got the first perfect score of the season instead of Nicole.
    85 is okay.. I still have yet to warm up to him, but he's been dancing well lately. I think he might get snuffed this week, though.
    Nicole can be shockingly eliminated at any time now.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    I'm definitely worried.

Spoiler

I just checked the raw numbers. There were a total of 1,120 votes cast through DialIdol. That's... really not much of a sample size considering that email and text votes aren't included, and that 20 million people watch the show

vCash
    Maks just tweeted

I'm the one designing @ErinAndrewsESPN's dresses for the show, so I'll just assume that @ehasselbeck is jealous...and stupid 4 her comments.
    I dunno what she said, but I now love him more.

vCash
    I'm trying to decide if I'm annoyed more by Ochocinco or Nicole. It's neck and neck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    Maks just tweeted

I dunno what she said, but I now love him more.
    She made a joke in very poor taste. Here are the details. Evan and Niecy also tweeted about it.

@NiecyNash
    Elizabeth Hassleback's comments about @ErinAndrewsESPN. Insensitive, in poor taste and remedial and foolish. http://twitpic.com/1l23w1

@EvanLysacek
    So disappointed that anyone would attack @ErinAndrewsESPN after all she's been through

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I thought *I* was an Evan fan, but Bruno just put me, Theatregirl, and Megi combined to shame when it comes to uberdome.
    We must try harder!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    She made a joke in very poor taste. Here are the details. Evan and Niecy also tweeted about it.

@NiecyNash
    Elizabeth Hassleback's comments about @ErinAndrewsESPN. Insensitive, in poor taste and remedial and foolish. http://twitpic.com/1l23w1

@EvanLysacek
    So disappointed that anyone would attack @ErinAndrewsESPN after all she's been through
    Good for Maks, Evan, and Niecy. And I didn't think that I could think more poorly of Elisabeth Hasselbeck's "judgment" ... seems I was wrong.

I have a meeting tonight at 7 p.m. CDT -- which means that I will likely miss the entire results show. I'm hoping against hope that it is Chad who is eliminated tonight (Nicole would be too much to even imagine) -- but I'm sure that he likely will remain. At least his waltz last night was much better than previous attempts, so I guess he's improving.

vCash
    Here's a link to the video of Hasselbeck's comment:
    http://tv.gawker.com/5530954/

There's not much to say except .

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    ETA:

I just checked the raw numbers. There were a total of 1,120 votes cast through DialIdol. That's... really not much of a sample size considering that email and text votes aren't included, and that 20 million people watch the show
    That makes me feel a little better. Especially since I couldn't even get through on the phone last night, and I, my daughter, and 3 dogs cast all our votes online this morning.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Just read Evan's tweet - didn't get it until I read this thread.

Hasselbeck's a giant POS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    Here's a link to the video of Hasselbeck's comment:
    http://tv.gawker.com/5530954/

There's not much to say except .

I'd guess that there wouldn't be quite as much of a bad reaction if Jimmy K, Leno or Letterman said it; somehow it bothers me more that Hasselback said it. (Maybe because from the others it might sound like a joke, but from Hasselback it sounds like she thinks Andrews deserves the peeping?)

vCash

Save Pam!

That is all.

vCash
    I hate the skimpy costumes myself. NOT a good idea to single out Erin, though, after what happened. And especially not to connect it to what happened. If she was going to say something, she should have said it about the costumes in general.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast