Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

vCash
    I worry that the outside world isn't as enlightened as we here at FSU. I see a lot of Pam hate and FAR too much Nicole love. Those people out there shouldn't be allowed to vote!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Hi,

Can people vote online from Canada?
    Yes. Just register an email address and you get 6 votes this week.

http://cdn.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars
    Last edited by Sally1214; 05-04-2010 at 06:45 AM.

vCash
    I have been trying to vote online since last night. I am registered (I voted last week without any problems) but every time I try to login my screen dims and a little circled x appears. Bottom line I can't vote. Anyone having this problem.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Had no problems voting with all my e-mail addresses...
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    FASCINATING take on both Evan and Nicole from the MSNBC wrapup article on last night's show. Predicting that it will come down to Evan and Nicole and that Evan will take it on the likeability and "works hard" factor.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/369283...entertainment/

Pointed out that Evan seemed stiff at the beginning of the season but has shown a funny/goofy side and really charmed people with both his personality and work ethic. On the other hand, Nicole just doesn't get how to "convey uncertainty." If I may quote a pinch of the article:

"Viewers like a person who doesn't always know what she's doing. They like effort, they like work."

I didn't get home last night until just before Evan and Anna danced and only saw them and the group dance, and Evan and Anna ruled. I usually miss most of the show on Mondays - did Derek REALLY say last week that Nicole practices how she'll look on camera more than her dancing???? And as for those worried about DialIdol, per MSNBC's poll 46% want Evan in the final 2, and 19% want Erin. Nicole came in third with 18%.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I just worry that people think Evan is safe and vote for someone else they like who they think is in more danger. I hope I'm proven wrong!
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    The girls' getups are so goofy. Well, at least they're not wearing conical bras.
    That wouldn't go with this song. Their costumes reflected Madonna's look at the time "Holiday" was released.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1214 View Post
    Yes. Just register an email address and you get 6 votes this week.

http://cdn.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars
    Cool....Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Noooo, they couldn't just let Evan have the win.
    I was sure that they would use the group dance as the "equalizer", unfortunately.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Was anyone else (and sorry, I haven't read every single post) put off by Nicole trotting out her disabled aunt? Like "Oh, I came across as a crybaby, better whip out the sympathy card and show how much I LOVE my aunt. Plus she'd be so sad if I were voted off. You wouldn't want to make the retarded lady cry, would you?" Manipulative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Was anyone else (and sorry, I haven't read every single post) put off by Nicole trotting out her disabled aunt? Like "Oh, I came across as a crybaby, better whip out the sympathy card and show how much I LOVE my aunt. Plus she'd be so sad if I were voted off. You wouldn't want to make the retarded lady cry, would you?" Manipulative.
    Yeah, I was surprised, too, that this was allowed. Was it the aunt who was disabled? I thought the girl was.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised, too, that this was allowed. Was it the aunt who was disabled? I thought the girl was.
    Her aunt has Down's Syndrome.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    If I could vote, I would vote for Ethan, Erin (I loooove Maks) and Pam.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I just watched the group numbers on youtube & I was not that impressed with Nicole. (1st time I've seen her) She danced well but in comparison to the pro (Cheryl) she looked like an amateur. The way everyone was talking I thought she was supposed to be just as good or better. I didn't think Pam looked too good...she was awfully stiff and her splits weren't good.

Overall I enjoyed Team Madonna better..the 6 of them had better connection & they looked like they were having more fun.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Evan could have done more footwork in that Tango. I loved the routine, but Anna did most of the work. Not sure what the judges will do.
    I agree with that - she did all the foot flicks (ganchos?). Evan danced that really well, but somehow, I liked it less than other weeks. He danced this week more like he skates, and I prefer his new lyrical look.

Quick step was really Erin's dance. Her arms usually bother me in the latin dances, but when she is in hold for a dance like this, she looks very elegant, but fast in the feet. I agree this was her best so far.

Nicole showed really nice lines in the waltz esp at the end - very pretty. She is definitely doing the most content of the ladies. Her shoulders really bugged me in the cha cha - she looked hunched.

Wow, what improvement in Pam's lines in the waltz. But not at all in the cha cha. I like her in the longer skirt! It was smart for them to show her outside interests with the animals. I think she is so likeable, but I think the voting public only thinks of her blonde bombshell/Playboy bunny side.

Well, that was a better ballroom dance from Chad, but I am not sure what the judges were crowing about.

Not sure what all the praise for Neicy's quickstep was either. She looked like she was struggling to me.

I thought Team GaGa was more chacha/sexy (in part due to the outfits), but sloppy. It was kind of an angry cha cha, particularly Nicole and Derek's bit. I agreed with whichever judge said Team Madonna had a samba quality to it - fun and bouncy, not as sexy. But I thought it looked a little tighter in the group parts.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Access Hollywood reports that Julianne Hough is returning next season. Personally, while I liked her paired with Apollo and Helio, she was beginning to annoy me as the dances seemed to be all about her at the end. I wouldn't mind if she took another season off, and took her brother with her.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Hmmm...the country singing career must not be working out as well as she'd hoped.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Nicole had something off with her waltz. I think someone upthread mentioned her posture--I don't htink she's toned enough in her core. She's not supporting herself and that could be causing the 'hunch' in cha cha, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Nicole had something off with her waltz. I think someone upthread mentioned her posture--I don't htink she's toned enough in her core. She's not supporting herself and that could be causing the 'hunch' in cha cha, too.
    Which is amazing considering the six-pack/washboard she's sporting every week in her teeny costumes. However, I guess core is not only about abs. Maybe she's weak in the lower back.

Tranquillo
    vCash

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast