View Poll Results: Which Albums Are You Interested In Hearing? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • May 4th: Zac Brown Band - Pass the Jar

2 10.00%
  • May 4th: Godsmack - The Oracle

0 0%
  • May 11th: Charice - Charice

1 5.00%
  • May 11th: Keane – Night Train (EP)

2 10.00%
  • May 11th: Various Artists - American Idol: Season 9

2 10.00%
  • May 11th: We Are The Fallen [Ben Moody & Carly Smithson] - Tear The World Down

2 10.00%
  • May 18th: Glee: The Music, Volume 3 Showstoppers

11 55.00%
  • May 18th: Alex Band (of The Calling) - We've All Been There

0 0%
  • May 25th: Drake - Thank Me Later

0 0%
  • May 25th: Smashing Pumpkins - V1 Teargarden By Kaleidyscope

3 15.00%
  • May 25th: Stone Temple Pilots - Stone Temple Pilots

1 5.00%
  • May 25th: Various Artists - Sex and the City 2 [Soundtrack]

4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

May Music: Pumpkins and Pilots, Idols and Gleeks And…One Name Only, Please! (Charic

Other albums released in May include:

May 4th

Asia - Omega
    MercyMe - The Generous Mr. Lovewell
    Michael Bolton - One World, One Love
    Bones Thugs-N-Harmony - Uni5: The World's Enemy
    Toni Braxton - Pulse
    Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
    Court House Hounds [Dixie Chicks' Martie Maguire & Emily Robison] - Court House Hounds
    Deftones - Diamond Eyes
    The Flaming Lips - Doing Dark Side of the Moon
    Barbra Streisand - One Night Only-Barbra Streisand & Quartet at the V
    James Taylor & Carole King - Live at the Troubadour
    Tonic - Tonic
    Paul Weller - Wake Up the Nation
    Chely Wright - Lifted Off The Ground
    Nikki Yankofsky - Nikki

May 11th

Jackson Browne/David Lindley - Love Is Strange
    Crash Test Dummies - Oooh La La!
    Celine Dion - Taking Chances World Tour: the Concert
    Meat Loaf - Hang Cool Teddy Bear
    Stereophonics - Keep Calm And Carry On

May 18th

Bo Bice - 3
    The Black Keys - Brothers
    The-Dream - Love King
    Macy Gray - The Sellout
    LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
    Sergio Mendes - Bom Tempo
    Tracey Thorn (Everything But the Girl) - Love and Its Opposite
    Suzanne Vega - Close-Up Vol. 1, Love Songs

May 25th

Andy Bell [Erasure] - Non-Stop
    Beth Nielsen Chapman - Back to Love
    Hank III - Rebel Within
    Nas / Damian Marley - Distant Relatives
    Jimmy Somerville - Suddenly Last Summer
    Various Artists - Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time [Soundtrack]
    Robin Zander (Cheap Trick) - Countryside Blvd

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I'm interested in hearing what We The Fallen has come up with because I absolutely love Carly Smithson's voice. However, the one song I have heard is an exact copy of Evanescence, which isn't surprising since the majority of them are from that band. I just never got into that sound and it will not help them become a hit. That sound isn't on mainstream radio at the moment. Maybe they don't care about Pop radio or album sales but I bet their label does.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Yeah, Brian, I think Carly is being used as an Amy Lee replacement and she's going to get a lot of crap for it. I never really cared much for her singing, but I think these guys might bring out the best in her.

I'm curious to hear what Alex Band is doing. I always liked his voice, but I don't know what kind of songs he's going to have.

I love the title for Macy Gray's album.

vCash
    Smashing Pumpkins FOREVER !

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Smashing Pumpkins FOREVER !
    I didn't even know that they were still together. My old, addled brain would have sworn that they broke up.
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnW View Post
    I didn't even know that they were still together. My old, addled brain would have sworn that they broke up.
    I think Billy Corgan just releases his masturbatory music under the working name 'Smashing Pumpkins. I don't think any of the other members have been around for about a decade.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    New CD’s streaming at AOL this week include Toni Braxton, Tonic, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, James Taylor & Carole King, the Temptations, the Friday Night Lights soundtrack and the Court Yard Hounds...

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/1

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I'm interested in hearing what We The Fallen has come up with because I absolutely love Carly Smithson's voice.
    I loved Carly on American Idol, but have never been much of an Evanescence fan. I'm happy she's getting to record and tour, but I'm somewhat ambivalent about this being the kind of music she'll be making... Perhaps I'll feel differently when I get to hear the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I love the title for Macy Gray's album.
    Gotta love her directness. One of the songs on Macy’s new CD was featured in the series finale of “Ugly Betty” and I loved it upon the first listen. It’s played at the very end of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxr4FMAi84E

Quote Originally Posted by LynnW View Post
    According to wiki, they broke up in 2000, re-grouped in 2006 and toured in 2007 to support the CD they released that year, “Zeitgeist”.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    I think Billy Corgan just releases his masturbatory music under the working name 'Smashing Pumpkins. I don't think any of the other members have been around for about a decade.
    That's pretty much it nowadays. Before that, there was a long and rather complicated chain of hiring and firings.

First he booted (drummer) Jimmy Chamberlin for his role in the over-dose death if their keyboardist (1996). Then he re-hired Chamberlin, fired (bassit) Darcy Wretzky and hired Melissa Auf Der Maur to replace her (2000ish). Then the entire band folded in 2001.

Billy and Jimmy then re-united under the name Zwan for only one album. He released his solo album in 2005, but not before begging his former bandmates to reunite via a press release.

He released one more album with Jimmy before he finally quit and Billy decided to just go the Nine Inch Nails route with his "band" (like he ever listened to anyone else's input...).

As you can tell, I'm a long-time fan.

Anyway, I'm curious as to what We Are the Fallen can come up with. I liked their first single although it was "Evanescence Lite". Hopefully the great talent that's involved can come up with an original sound.

vCash
    Bumping this up a bit, because I actually bought We Are the Fallen's CD. The good news is that Carly has a fantastic voice and this type of music is exactly what she should be doing.

The bad news is that its pretty much Fallen Part II, right down to the piano ballad and the chorus on the last track.

So I guess if you like Evanescence, its worth a listen, but they didn't really pull off anything original or groundbreaking.

FYI: The actual Evanescence (or at least Amy Lee and her latest pack of touring guitarists) is releasing their next album in September.