The Amazing Race returns for its 16th season on Valentine's Day ... and with it returns Suicide Amazing Race. SAR2 will begin at the end of the first TAR16 episode, and run through the season ... or whenever the last participant has dropped, whichever comes first.
SUICIDE AMAZING RACE IN A NUTSHELL: Each week, each surviving Suicide contestant will submit his/her choice of one TAR team he/she feels will survive the next episode's leg. If your pick survives to the next week, so do you! If your pick gets the boot, well, read the RULES because you may squeak by anyway. May.
Before reading the RULES, know that this will seem more complicated than it is. It's really, really simple. But I've got to put the rules in writing or face the barrage of questions later on. Refer to the inaugural Suicide Amazing Race thread for insight.
1. Beginning the week leading to episode 2, 2/21 (2/14's ep will help you assess the teams), anyone wanting to participate in this game will submit - on this thread - the name of a TAR team they feel will survive the upcoming week's episode. Sample weekly submission: WEEK 2: Jet & Cord. That's it.
2. Submission must be prior to the start of the upcoming episode's first showing (i.e. Eastern Time)
3. If your team survives the episode, you also survive in Suicide TAR.
4. If your team is eliminated, there are two things that might happen.
4A. NEW RULE! You will be "resuscitated" once during the season. Each participant will, if needed, be revived the first time that their pick is eliminated. Minor drawback here is that resuscitation is a negative in prospective tiebreakers for placement later on.
4B. If you've been resuscitated once already, if any subsequent pick is eliminated, so are you.
4C. You're also out if you forget to submit your week's pick before the deadline. Right, Living Saint?
5. Important: You may use each team only ONE time for the duration of TAR16/this game. Ergo, your strategy may be to pick a team you perceive as weaker (but not "weakest"!) each week. Or your strategy may be to play it safe, make sure you progress into the next week. None of the above worked for most of us last time, unfortunately.
6. The game will end either after the final episode (there "can" be ties, even for 1st) or when the last of you is knocked out via "suicide". Note: If you make it to the finale, you will be picking the "TAR16 winner" from your remaining cache of teams.
I'm counting on the new wrinkle keeping more of you in the game deep into the season. There was much early bloodshed last season.
Finally, my usual warning: Anyone who is discovered to be playing game despite having been spoiled will be forced to compete in "RuPaul's Drag Race III - Prison Bitches"