In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash

How can I change the text in a .jpeg file?

I have a document that I only have a hard copy original of. I want to change just one thing in the text. How can I change the text in a scanned document when they automatically save as .jpeg files?

Please keep in mind I am computer-stoopid when explaining.

I could just retype the doucment, but here's the issue: There are two colored blocks the text is written in. I know how to make a Powerpoint doc and insert a box and make it a color, but the color like "fades" in the box. Meaning at the top of the box is bright red, then fades away down the length of the box to white (so its bright red, fades a little lighter red, a little lighter, little lighter, until the color is gone and its white). How do you do that??? If I could figure out how to make the color in the box fade away like that, I could just retype the document.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 05-02-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: typos

vCash
    You can't change text that's in a .jpg file. The only way to do it would be a PITA, jerry-rigged sort of way.

I don't know a lot about Powerpoint, but the "fade" you are talking about is usually called a gradient and it's a pretty easy thing to do. Maybe look up how to do a gradient color box? You're already halfway there if you can get the box with the right color.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Thank you! The gradient thing is working; I had no clue how to make that color fade like that, I only knew how to make the box a single color. I got the gradient box thing to work and just have to keep playing with the slider until I get the color right. But that's exactly what they must have done. Thank so much! I woulda never figured that one out.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 05-02-2010 at 11:25 PM.

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    Also, if you find it cumbersome to be doing all that in Powerpoint, you can create a text box with a color gradient background in Word as well.