Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post

The "high road" is asking for child support (when he won't even have the child full time) & spousal support? What a sweetheart!
    How is he going to raise the child? I'm sure Aubrey is not raking in anywhere near what Giselle Bunchen is making. If Halle enrolled their daughter in an expensive private school, for example, then he would want to have the money to pay for half of the tuition.

Would you feel the same way if the woman asked for child and spousal support?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    California has "partner support" guidelines in addition to spousal support, but does "partner" automatically mean same sex in this situation?

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp...ro.htm#partner
    To the extent "partner support" is limited to registered domestic partners, it would not apply here ... registered domestic partners are for same sex couples, and, for elderly couples (since the feds don't recognize RDP as marriage, registering as domestic partners means that survivor benefits under Social Security are not lost). All Aubrey can claim (besides child support) is "palimony". This usually requires an agreement of some kind, but may also result in an award if he can show that he put his own career on "hold" for the benefit of the "household" (in some cases, the party seeking an award claimed to be acting as "manager"; other cases, the party seeking the award did the same work as a traditional, stay-at-home housewife)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    How is he going to raise the child? I'm sure Aubrey is not raking in anywhere near what Giselle Bunchen is making. If Halle enrolled their daughter in an expensive private school, for example, then he would want to have the money to pay for half of the tuition.

Would you feel the same way if the woman asked for child and spousal support?
    If Halle put her in an expensive school I'm sure she would pay the tuition.

And yes, many times I've thought that women were acting like gold-diggers. IMO just because someone gave you the opportunity to live at a higher level than what you can provide yourself is no reason for that person to HAVE to provide that lifestyle forever. Be grateful for what you had & go support yourself.

If a woman or man has full custody & has to provide the main dwelling for the child, then yes I think the other parent needs to pay child support whether the non-custodial parent is the celebrity or not. If you have a child then you have an obligation to your child. If there is joint custody & the court decides that Aubrey needs child support to provide a decent living arrangement for the child, so be it, but spousal support is unreasonable IMO. Is he planning to coast for the rest of his life? That makes him a gigelo IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    Jeez. How do you know? They dated for a while before "breeding". They were together for 5 years.
    I agree. Also this is a woman who has had notoriously really bad luck (an understatement) with most or all of her relationships (how much her own personality has played a part in those failed relationship we can only guess). I've seen other women who have stated that in these so called modern times as long as they are financially able to provide for a child or children why feel the need to be married before they give birth or adopt.

IIRC Halle said that she didn't want to be married again, not that she wasn't interested in a relationship at all. I stop watching Oprah regularly years ago so didn't see that interview.

And Tesla, Gabriel isn't taking the high road because he's threatening to release alleged tapes to prove how unstable, volitale Halle is.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    And Tesla, Gabriel isn't taking the high road because he's threatening to release alleged tapes to prove how unstable, volitale Halle is.
    Where did he say that?

vCash
    Gabriel isn't taking the high road because he's threatening to release alleged tapes to prove how unstable, volitale Halle is.
    Releasing them to the court or to the public? I have no problem if he shows the court tapes demonstrating that she is unstable and volatile. If she genuinely isn't currently fit to be a mother, then maybe she shouldn't have custody or should be required to get help.

But, if he's just releasing them to the public to get money or revenge, well then that's different. So far, I see a difference between the way the two parents are handling things publicly. And, to me, Halle is the one taking the lower road. And I don't see how it's good for her daughter.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    They made such a nice couple. Too bad now they're both fighting with each other. Especially since a child in involved.

I would have concerns too if I had a kid with someone and he was involved with someone like Kim Kardishian. It's not that I think Kim might be a bad person per se, but her being a reality star would be a big concern. Plus I can't get over the fact that she's only famous because she released a sex tape. What kind of a role model to someone's daughter could she be?

vCash
    IIRC it was the dentist who beat her badly she suffered hearing loss in one ear. She briefly mentioned him and the lawsuit during an interview for a "Biography" episode about her life and career. However, I didn't realize he was white until I read Rex's post. Something else I remembered from that "Biography" episode, Halle's father was an abusive deadbeat. She may or may not be crazy but I still question Gabriel Aubrey's motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    There allegedly was a white dentist who sued Halle years ago because he claimed that she owed him money he lent her to help her launch her acting career. She counter-sued, saying that the man used slurs against her and that she paid him back. Oh, and that he was stalking her 'cause he was crazy too. Funny how two white men she was involved with whom she ended on bad terms suddenly turn into mini Mel Gibsons.

I thought it was singer Christopher Williams who allegedly beat her and made her deaf.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    I would have concerns too if I had a kid with someone and he was involved with someone like Kim Kardishian. It's not that I think Kim might be a bad person per se, but her being a reality star would be a big concern. Plus I can't get over the fact that she's only famous because she released a sex tape. What kind of a role model to someone's daughter could she be?
    I'm sure we could find examples of Halle being seen with someone who isn't a good role model, either, but I don't think there's any evidence that there was more than one passing day when Kim and Aubry were seen together or that he had anything at all to do with her reality show, much less that the little girl met Kim or had anything to do with the reality show. I've never seen Kim's reality show, but my impression is that it's even more unreal than most "reality" shows and just takes place under certain conditions with certain people.

But, in any event, it doesn't sound like Halle's legal arguments have anything to do with Kim.

vCash
    I agree. Also this is a woman who has had notoriously really bad luck (an understatement) with most or all of her relationships (how much her own personality has played a part in those failed relationship we can only guess). I've seen other women who have stated that in these so called modern times as long as they are financially able to provide for a child or children why feel the need to be married before they give birth or adopt.

Nobody is saying that a woman has to be married or even be in a relationship before they have a child or adopt one,.

In Halle's case, I remember watching "Catwoman" interview and thinking "You are asking for more drama". It just came across to me as though she felt that the relationship with the potential father was completely secondary to her becoming a mother.

Fast forward to 2011, her relationship has run its course, and it seems as though she just wants him to disappear. Meanwhile , he has been involved and has 'seemingly' been the doting father since day 1, and is just asking for partial custody.

I know people who've had arrangements where they've agreed to just a child with someone, but in those cases, the roles of the two people were made very clear from the beginning. It just feels as though Halle's approach, in comparison, was very muddled and unrealistic.
    Last edited by escaflowne9282; 02-04-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I still want to know where he threatened to release tapes. And as Allskate asked, does he want to release them to the public or in court? Because in court I can understand if he wants partial custody.

vCash
    If he's a good parent there is no reason for him not to get partial or joint custody. The part I have a problem with is him asking for spousal support. He's an able-bodied man fully able to work. I was ademately against that woman (forgot her name) from getting palimony from Lee Marvin & I am against Aubrey getting it from Halle Berry. It makes him a prostitute IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    IIRC it was the dentist who beat her badly she suffered hearing loss in one ear. She briefly mentioned him and the lawsuit during an interview for a "Biography" episode about her life and career. However, I didn't realize he was white until I read Rex's post. Something else I remembered from that "Biography" episode, Halle's father was an abusive deadbeat. She may or may not be crazy but I still question Gabriel Aubrey's motives.
    Frankly, Civic, they both sound a little spoiled and vindictive.

vCash
    The Oscar-winning actress, 44, tells Ebony magazine 'I feel like she's black. I'm black and I'm her mother and I believe in the one-drop theory.'

The 'one-drop theory' refers to the controversial racial classification of African-Americans that determined who was black in the US.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1DNCYdwCB

oh boy...I'm glad I'm not directly involved in this

vCash

I thought it was singer Christopher Williams who allegedly beat her and made her deaf.
    Rex, nah. That was Wesley Snipes all the way. ALL THE WAY!.

And you know Wesley has an issue with Black women. But, we all know that Halle has had relationships, several with abusive men before.

However, I don't think her age had much to do with it physically. Hell she looks better than most 20 year olds. Where age would come into the picture I think is regarding the "committment" factor in the relationship. I.E, he possibly wanted to get married and Halle has stated she aint getting married anymore, evah!!!

I havent' seen the March issue of Ebony magazine yet, so I'm gonna hold out on my verdict.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I still want to know where he threatened to release tapes. And as Allskate asked, does he want to release them to the public or in court? Because in court I can understand if he wants partial custody.
    He supposedly has them and wants to use them in court.
    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...es-caught-tape

“I honestly think Gabriel should release some of these messages he has from Halle, and tell his side of the story, but he won’t, he said he’s going to save them for family court, which will be a private, press-free environment,” the source told RadarOnline.com.
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnW View Post
    He supposedly has them and wants to use them in court.
    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...es-caught-tape
    Thank you! Good for Gabriel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1DNCYdwCB

oh boy...I'm glad I'm not directly involved in this
    It's official - Halle's an idiot! She want to perpetrate a rule created by white supremacists and slaveowners! Have at it Halle! She sounds desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Rex, nah. That was Wesley Snipes all the way. ALL THE WAY!.

And you know Wesley has an issue with Black women. But, we all know that Halle has had relationships, several with abusive men before.
    Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen Wes with a black woman. His choice I guess, but he's insane anyway.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I wonder who Wesley is dating now
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It's official - Halle's an idiot! She want to perpetrate a rule created by white supremacists and slaveowners! Have at it Halle! She sounds desperate.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen Wes with a black woman. His choice I guess, but he's insane anyway.
    she must have taken her role in the move Queen too seriously.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast